Your thoughts on assassin RA selection

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
Well I'm 5l2 atm, with no points to spend but starting to look for my next RA to save up for.

Currently have:

Vanish1
MoP2
MoStealth2
Viper 2
Toughness 2
AoM3

Not really sure where to go next - I'd like more hits, and like to enhance stats, and i'd l,ike Viper3, and i'd like to increase my crit chance etc... You get the picture.

No I don't want purge right now. Tried it - level 1 is useless, level 2 too much for the return.

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
I am wondering the same thing :x I have TWF3, Dex2, Str2, lw1 & Purge1.

I too don't really like purge, and my CB is up often enough, and alot of groups don't bother to double stun/mezz too break through CB charge. I think purge1 is a complete waste, and purge2 I havent bothered with. At RR6 I want to have TWF3, Str2, Dex2, Qui2, Lw1, and havent decided togo either MoM2 or WP2, I hear AoM is a complete waste! ;p

I think you should prioritise on your damage output, defencive stats, like toughness and augcon I see pointless, just my opinion :x cos your a class thats designed todo damage in a very short time.. and if you die then I guess you got unlucky, and a few extra hits isnt going to help too much, I'd go for higher Qui/Dex and drop Tough/Con :x.

Xenny

Fledgling Freddie
first of all, no point in getting aug quick as previous poster suggested as it is soft capped at 250, i hit 256qui on my inf with buffs and +5at creation,

aom3 is pretty worthless, every level or aom works out worse per point than toughness, ie u need tough5 b4 u get any aom really imo + toughness guards against melee too ( can be worked out with simple maths )

purge2 is very nice imo, mainly for tho pesky stuns off other assasins, stealth fights are very fast, and if some1 gets in a stun u generally wont live

augdex/str are nice and so is mop, tho it is better to keep em generally balanced unless u want the high chance of getting a huge crit on pa

my ra's are as follows to rr5L3

dex2
str2
mop2
mos2
purge2
vanish1
toughness2
long wind 1

which is nice n balanced imo,
hope this helps
Xenny

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
I di consider specc'ing out of AoM3 at one point. Frankly it is useless against casters, but I bought it as a stealther v stealther buffer. Ok given that SBs mostly have an obsession with malice and battler, the cleverer ones and most NS (and most archers) have a heat LW up their sleeves. As a saracan I have 26 SC heat plus 5 racial = 31%. Heat vuln (without the proc) knocks off 15% = 16%. Then the 10% secondary resist from AOM kicks in bumbing it back up to 24.4%. Gives them a little surprise as my resists appear to be unaffected. (Jox whined about this when hitting me with a spirit weapon - had effective resists of of 33.4%)

Shield slam I generally don't have a problem with - rule one is don't try to fight warriors/heroes! If i am shield slammed it may be 9 secs, but they're usually swinging slow - I may take a couple more shots, and if i do then its time to vanish and away.

The only time I would like purge is fighting a viper3 shade as it hurts. Problem is even if you purge it the poison can be easily reapplied.

infernalwrath

Fledgling Freddie
mos 3
purge 2
mopain 3 or aug str3/dex3 whatever u are slash or thrust
dont get anything lower than 3 it doenst worth it

Xenny

Fledgling Freddie
point is the 10% aom resist aint actually 10% coz with 31% base resists it is only reducing the dmg by 10% of the remaining 69% = 6.9% resist (since ages ago when they changed how aom + empty mind worked)

so ur aom 3 actually = 6.9% resist to heat
toughness 3= 150hps?
say u have 1800 hps without it, 1950/1800 =1.083 which is like having +8.3% on all resists even melee for those malice + battler sbs

that is my point, if u want whines about their low dmg spec aom, if u really want to last longer, spec toughness

Xenny

Fledgling Freddie
+ at infernalwrath,

aug dex / str below 3 is defo worth it,
they actually give diminishing returns per realm skill point,

4dex for 1 point = 4dex per point
12dex for 4 points = 3dex per point
22dex for 10 points = 2.2dex per point

ur dmg will increase more as a thrust inf keeping str dex and mop about equal (on average)

Ging

Part of the furniture
Afternoon - RR7L4 (slash spec)

Mos3
Purge2
Vanish1
Tough3
Mop3
AugCon2
AugStr2
Viper1

MoS3 - standard and tbh the best return (i tried MoS5 and although good wasnt worth the points as i noted it didnt make any diff against other assasins)

Purge2 - as slash spec, once str/con debuff has landed that reduces both your HP/WS/DMG by 1/3 effectiveness - so imo a must for slash spec

Vanish1 - for my purposes enough.

Tough3 - 150Hp is nice for 10pts

MoP3 - +%crit is nice - i get crit on avarage 1/3 or 2/3 strikes (especially on high DW giveing lots of OH hits)

Augcon2 + Augstr2 - std passives (will be getting aug str3 next)

Viper1 - Adds a little spice - ofc completely pointless when purged - i might go Viper3 (30pts) at rr10+ or might not - will see if i ever get there

Thats what i got and the reasons for it.

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm - questions:

Is the difference in MoS3 and MoS2 noticable?

What kind of damage increase do you get out of Aug str&dex 2 (and 3)? Is it a better return than the extra 8% crit chance given by MoP3 over moP2?

Night

Fledgling Freddie
Purge 3 is great fun to have! respecced to try it the other day, as im sick and tired of being mezzed or rooted for long durations :p

Aussie

Banned
Smilewhenyousaythat said:
Is the difference in MoS3 and MoS2 noticable?

no but since MoS 3 is the standard for most fotm archers, assassins need MoS3 too to get their Detect Hidden advantage back.

Aussie

Banned
Night said:
Purge 3 is great fun to have! respecced to try it the other day, as im sick and tired of being mezzed or rooted for long durations :p

i hope it stays with trying.

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
imo at rr5+ you should have a better idea yourself what ra's to go for to suit YOUR playstyle . instead of asking others. cos most peoples ra' choice will differ in one way or another.

after all you been playing the class in rvr enough to know your char by now surely.

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
Well i know what I want longer term - and thats viper 3, but 15 pts is a long way off.

Until i respec in a rr or so I'm torn between aug str/dex/con and MoP3 :(

Alhanna

Fledgling Freddie
Purge 2 has saved my life alot. I have often been mezzed by a healer class who is standing very close. He thinks ok, I can heal up now then is surprised when I attack 1 second after the mezz.

Xenny

Fledgling Freddie
aug con aint worth it imo :x u get 36hp for every 10pts in con as an assasin so 4pts(CON1) = virtually nothing maybe like 1 decent bleed tick

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom