Your thoughts on arti farming for cash

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Just wanted to know what your thought are for farming artifacts purely to sell on the cms.

I dotn agree with it imo, as people who need the arti + encounter cannot get it because mob is down because its just been farmed by a person who has no use for it

Flame away :)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Thadius said:
Just wanted to know what your thought are for farming artifacts purely to sell on the cms.

I dotn agree with it imo, as people who need the arti + encounter cannot get it because mob is down because its just been farmed by a person who has no use for it

Flame away :)

Hmm, some artifact mobs drop things beside the artifact someone might need. I farmed Traldors like 100 times to get the belt and do it occasionally to get a 2nd, but was selling the Oracles for 25g each.

I can't dual log, but have a Necro, and if I could dual log I'd sell the arties below market place and allow everyone to join for credit and if it's a guildie/alliance dude or some friendly person give the artifact away.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
But i mean when say Gaurd of Valour is up, a guy and his bb go and farm it just because they know that they can sell it for 20 plat

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Nothing wrong with it imo, you may need to make the money to purchase other rare items that are harder to farm solo. Or perhaps the farmer is a keen crafter who needs to make the plats to lgm another trade skill?

People play the game for different reasons, not really much you can do about it.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
bottomline is the more an encounter is farmed, the more accessible it gets - so it's nothing to whine about really..

Brite

Banned
Old.Ilum said:
bottomline is the more an encounter is farmed, the more accessible it gets - so it's nothing to whine about really..

the point of view of a farmer

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
well i probably farmed 100+ rare artifacts and sold that for a lot of people, i made it a lot easier for them to get. every now and then it makes it harder, but overall its better

Phooka

Fledgling Freddie
i hate it.. but i do it too as i really really dont wanne farm mobs.... need money for friggin sccrolls and sc dont I...

Accupuncture

Fledgling Freddie
I have only come across this problem once ie: encounter was down due to someone farming it.

But to be honest I was invited to get credit just didnt get there in time so really not a problem.

As long as the people that are farming the arti's are willing to invite people that really need the encounter credit there is no problem. Do as I did if you know where the encounter is do a /who in the area if you see a farmer in the area ask if he is doing the encounter and I'm sure they will be more that happy for the company :)

I was having problems getting braggarts with guild and we were at the encounter and a farmer and bot came over and asked us if we would like help getting it. Without his help we would not have got the encounter as we had been wiped twice :)

The only problem I have with the farmers is if they sell the stuff on the CM's for stupid prices.

A lot of people would not have some items in their templates if not for Torsen for instance. You cant have it both ways tbh..

Just my slant on it.

Mnexxiz

Fledgling Freddie
Ilum has put the points pro on it.

Looks like the posters in this thread belong to the social group of farmers too. Some persons/classes can do it, some can't.
As long as the farmer helps others to achieve credit it is ok imo.

What makes me :puke: are the antisocial farmers who just farm and try to drive everyone else out of the game by
a) not allowing credit
b) charging stupid prices

In the end they are effectively playing in their own farmer-game where only the anti-social farmers have enough money (and credit - artis are worth zil without credit) to afford other anti-social farmers prices.
Can we maybe have an ASBO for these people? :confused:

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
There is really no reason not to allow people to get the credit if your doing an arti and someone pops up and asks for it...

But I think if you run by an artifact mob, and you are able to kill it, why just leave it alone? If someone is camping, let him join and if noone in your group needs the artifact for anything except selling, some MAYBE alt, or look pwetty on your CM, give the artifact to the camper (who most likely will be very happy to get it done...

besides most artifacts aint _that_ expensive, to be honest its the scrolls that takes the piss, and you get the encounter for the artifact weather if it drops or not (Eramai)...

And look at Tarts gift ... 1p on CM, and thats a rather difficult encounter in most cases

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Cruhar said:
besides most artifacts aint _that_ expensive, to be honest its the scrolls that takes the piss, and you get the encounter for the artifact weather if it drops or not (Eramai)...
wait till clustering :)
30-50plat for gov :p

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Artifact farming: Generally bad. The majority of people who are unable to get the artifact with a few friends because the encounter is always down find it highly annoying. How is an artifact more accessible if you're unable to get the item you need because some farmer camps it and has 5 or more unpriced identical artifacts on their consignment merchant?

Other farming: Usually good! Farming mob drops and scrolls does help increase the availability of the drop! A typical example is farming ring of torrent from ML9, those classes unable to farm it or unable to enter could possibly get the drop for a reasonable price.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
With artis constantly being down it is annoying in general.

However I just wish some of the campers would reach a comprimise with people coming to do the encounter for an arti, such as allowing them to at least gain credit, so far from what i've heard quite a lot fo the farmers dont even wish to allow the others credit.

:/

Aeva

Banned
Sharma said:
With artis constantly being down it is annoying in general.

However I just wish some of the campers would reach a comprimise with people coming to do the encounter for an arti, such as allowing them to at least gain credit, so far from what i've heard quite a lot fo the farmers dont even wish to allow the others credit.

why don't you just hack the encounter so its always up when you want it to be?

Mybuddies

Fledgling Freddie
I think artis should have the same rules as epics, ie you only get one drop. If it drops again you can't pick it up.

You can only activate and use an arti once anyway, so in theory once it drops and you have it you don't need it again (unless you are only selling it ofc!).

Epic bosses need other player's help to do and people manage to do them, asking guildies etc. I don't see why artis should be different.

Of course the people who want to sell them for cold hard cash will disagree. And tbh it's really just a side effect of the money-churning, time-gobbling piece of crud that ToA is. Doubt if anything will be done to change an add-on which forces players to spend more time & subscription money online getting dumb things like scrolls. (Apart from the 'ToA-free' server ofc, which is such a cop-out).

:cheers:

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Sharma said:

Don't think I've ever encountered that, excal ppl are just mean :<

fungus

Fledgling Freddie
Thadius said:
But i mean when say Gaurd of Valour is up, a guy and his bb go and farm it just because they know that they can sell it for 20 plat

Camping spots is not valid, just steal it from arti farmers imo ...

problems solved

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom