Your favourite sequels ever?

• Thread starter Roo Stercogburn
  • Start date
R

Roo Stercogburn

What's your 3 favourite ever sequels?

Fellowship of the Ring doesn't count, its part 2 of a 3 part story and the whole thing was always intended as such right from the start rather than a film company going "Hey! We made loads of bucks, lets do another..."

So,

For me...

Aliens - had nightmares for years. Strangely, cured by Alien 3.
Gremlins 2: spiteful, detailed and very funny.
Blade 2 - Classy comic book action.

Also rans: The Empire Strikes Back, Mission Impossible 2, Addams Family Values, Batman Returns (though only because of Michelle Pfeiffer), For A Few Dollars More, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Worst sequel ever: Robocop 2. No, Highlander 2. No, Robocop 2. No, Highlander 2. Erm.

B

Brannor McThife

Prophecy 2, Christopher Walken. Shhhh. :clap:

-G

S

sieben_dapoet

ahhh my dear boy.. u chosen some great ones there... but u have some crap, and missed ONE of the best...

Best are:

Aliens
Mission Impossible 2
Terminator 2 {one u missed}
All Lethal Weapon sequels... there GREAT
Die Hard 3 {Die Hard 2 was p00}

Worst are:

Addams Family Values was THE worst ever sequel, i actually walked out of the Cinema it was THAT BAD !
All of the Batman movies are shite, sry but its true :)

p.s. i wanna include LOTR movie{s} :( they b sooooo c00l

K

Kaitlyn

Young and dangerous 2

<Swoons over Jordan Chan in a suit>

/edit: Got all distracted imagining Jordan Chan and forgot to add all the once upon a time in china sequels, and of course chinese ghost story just for..well...they fly through the air and fight.I like that.

Worse sequel ever Bride with white hair 2. Bad _bad_ Brigitte....but I'll forgive her for all the other gems she has done.

O

Old_Bean

ok, ok.... One of my favorite sequels has to be...of course....
BACK TO THE FUTURE 2 & 3!

Any way, let me just mention this terrible terrible sequel...

KING KONG LIVES!
This is the storyline....
10 years after Kongs fall from the empire state building, Kong lies in a coma. Scientists keep him alive (for some strange reason) and have constructed a multi-billion dollar artificial heart in order for him to live again! But.......in order for Kong to survive the operation they need a blood transfusion.
No human can be compatible so they need another Giant ape to help.......and as luck would have it, they stumble accros a FEMALE GIANT APE! Phew! Talk about luck.
Anyway, i watched the operation and Kong recovers, but he can smell the female ape and he gets a bit horny. Poor old boys heart can't take it, so they have to sedate him.....If you want to know what heppens next, I can't tell you, I switched off.
But , here's the killer....guess who starred in this piss poor production?
LINDA HAMILTON - Star of the TERMINATOR FILMS!
She plays the Cardiac surgeon who performs the heart transplant.
LMFAO
Read more here....http://us.imdb.com/Title?0091344

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn
[BFellowship of the Ring doesn't count, its part 2 of a 3 part story and the whole thing was always intended as such right from the start rather than a film company going "Hey! We made loads of bucks, lets do another..."

The Empire Strikes Back[/B]

how can you include The Empire Strikes back when we can´t include The Two Towers? (felloship of the ring was movie nr 1.)

Empire Strikes Back was also a pre determined sequal and not a "hey this movie made money lets make another"

so ... na na :p
---

don´t think I have any favorit sequals to be honest, looking forward to seeing Boondock Saints 2 though

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Urban legends 2
:p

Never saw the first one and Im never going to :D

J

Jonaldo

Also rans: The Empire Strikes Back, Mission Impossible 2, Addams Family Values, Batman Returns (though only because of Michelle Pfeiffer), For A Few Dollars More, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

The Empire Strikes Back was part 5 in a six part story so can't be included.

Indiana Jones was 3rd in a line of films but I suppose you can have that :p

Lethal Weapon 2
Most of the Pink Panther films
Die Hard 2 was ok I suppose but nothing as good as Die Hard
I've not seen any of the Harry Potter films but the 2nd one is supposed to be good
You didn't say films so can I say Pro Evolution Soccer 2 or Grand Theft Auto - Vice City? :)

O

Old_Bean

Se-quel

1. Something that follows; a continuation.
2. A literary, dramatic, or cinematic work whose narrative continues that of a preexisting work.
3. A result or consequence

So i guess LOTR;Two towers, etc and Empire Strikes Back etc do, according to the dictionary count as SEQUELs. Even if they are part of a "Story arc"

My gosh I'm picky! And no doubt gonna be flamed to buggery and back.

O

old.ivan

T-2 [Arnie should have been nominated for an academy award, his best ever try at acting]

Godfather 2 ? i would include the entire collection.

Indiana Jones is decent although, technically, they have nothing in common, apart from main character.

Thats pretty much it, generally the sequels are a disappointment for the public. Taking The Matrix for example, what would it be without that concept of 'the matrix' itself without that interesting twist... an action film buffed up with tonnes of special effects. All of you folks who watched it several times will know what i mean.

Easier to create something totally new rather than fit a script into already existing boundaries.

PS: Rambo 2 perhaps ? :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

R

Roo Stercogburn

I forgot about T2 and it is a cracking good film, but it wouldn't have made it into my top 3. Defo an also-ran though. For me, its basically a remake of the first film with some rather cool flashy effects. All the sequels in my top 3 I chose enhance or change their own little universe rather than being a rehash.

Reason Empire Strikes Back might have been in the running as Star Wars was made against all the odds and they didn't believe it was going to recoup its costs, let alone go on to be one of the most significant films of modern times. Though Georgie might have had this grand idea, it was going nowhere. LotR on the otherhand was budgeted as 3 films made back to back in one huge project right from the word go and only the ridiculous running length means they are individual films, rather than 1 9-hour flick. (Empire falls down by just being made as a link in the trilogy, rather than feeling complete for me.)

Numerically, a sequel can be anything that comes after the first one, doesn't have to be number 2 in the series. If you want to get pedantic, you can think of it as a sequel to a sequel if you must.

But I take the points on board ... and disregard them :D

O

old.ivan

LotR on the otherhand was budgeted as 3 films made back to back in one huge project right from the word go and only the ridiculous running length means they are individual films, rather than 1 9-hour flick.

Well pretty good reason to do so, and to release 1 part a year... Increases Box Office Revenues, Video/DvD/Games sales throughout the year... Big Bucks for everyone to be had... shame im not on recieving end of the transaction :p

M

madmurdoch

I'm surprised Another Stakeout hasn't been mentioned - Emilio rocks!
Still waiting for Breakfast Club 2 (Lunchtime Club?)

S

sieben_dapoet

Originally posted by old.ivan
T-2 [Arnie should have been nominated for an academy award, his best ever try at acting]

personally i think his best movie by far was "True Lies".. that was a funny movie, made me laugh anyway {shame about the ending though with the missile/guy sitting on it thingy..spoilt the whole damn thing !}

O

old.Cher

EVIL DEAD 2

i'm sooo surprised that wasn't included.... i love it soo much, the third one wasn't as good, but was still damn fun

now off i go to my uncles cabin who hasn't been seen for years

(plods off)

O

old.Cher

(crawls into the room covered in blood and bleeding profusely)

arghhhh i only just made it out alive...... damn i'm scarred for life.
the house had possessed creatures in it.....

still there all gone now, so i guess i can take my G/f there for a holiday :D

(plods off to the cabin with his ballerina g/f)

K

klavrynd

heisse teenies mit natte fotzen 2 was rather cool

but seriously, most sequels are "more of the same and a whole lot more of the thing people liked in #1 making it a worthless piece of unbalanced trying-to-get-more-money-movie"

imo offcourse

M

mirieth

Originally posted by old.Cher
EVIL DEAD 2

i'm sooo surprised that wasn't included.... i love it soo much, the third one wasn't as good, but was still damn fun

now off i go to my uncles cabin who hasn't been seen for years

(plods off)

Whee! yes! I love those films. Evil Dead, Night of the Living Dead etc. so good :D

B

Brunore

Evil dead 3, Medevildead is the best of those.

Absoluty hilarious.

S

SilverHood

best sequel, eh? can't remember any that were "that" good.

Worst though, Under Siege 2

M

Myddrin

Talking about zombie films..........Dawn of the Dead, classic :)

O

Old_Bean

I recently watched the sequel to The Matrix.
The Dominatrix it was called. I'm sure it was a sequel cos it had the same sorta story, except with more nakedness. And penetration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom