Your Favourite moments

O

old.hairybob

Hi,
I'm playing to buy T2 soon, (hopefully on Saturday), nad I just wanna know ne good tips and/or statgies u have got,-I've heard its really hard to get into. Oh! and ne cool moments would be cool too, thnx.

HairyBob

-------------------
Hairy is Beautiful
-------------------

H

haggisman

capping, need i say more, especially when your defending :)

O

old.logic7

lobbing a mortar into the Tailgunner's spot on a TSword. That's been my best moment so far.

O

old.Kurt_Angle

Iv'e had many great fights in my shrike, many player and craft kills:) But prolly the best last night, had to be my skilled chase i had in the hills. I was staying low flying in between small gaps,trying to lose him but i was still under his fire, then as i came out into the open plain, i pulled a roll, droped in behind him, he droped low, i charged it down and wasted him in one great blast, and just managed to trust up before i slammed the ground. I then span it around and got the pilot:) Just wish dynamix would fix that, no kills, or mention of it when you kill with shrike lasers:(

O

old.Zenith

One of my best moments of Tribes 2 (apart from getting it to work successfully after patching) was this...

==================
Destroying the enemy gens on Katabatic with my plasma and THEN flinging in a satchel charge. I then legged it out of the base and went for a flag run. I picked up the flag and run for the hills. The turrets started firing at me, meaning that someone had just repaired the enemy gens... you can guess what I did then. :)

Yes, I blew my satchel charge, taking out the enemy gens AGAIN as well as the two folks repairing/defending them.

Just to top it off, I managed to complete the cap run as well.
==================

ANY chance I get to shocklance someone in the back is also a classic moment IMO. If this is the shape of things to come, I think that Tribes2 is going to be great fun indeed.

Providing ShockLance treatment since April 2001

S

SAS

Team was losing 3-0 and the game was nearly over. I send a message for 1 tank + 2 bikes to stick together and go for the flag. Tank to annoy the enemy and 2 bikes to get the flag. Who ever gets it the others will support.

Amazingly my team mates listened. A tank + 2 bikes (me on one of them) made are way to the enemy base (hair on the back of my neck stood up at this point :)).

To cut a long story short we fought well, and capped the flag only just after every inch of the way back to our base we were under fire (tank got crippled, and I rammed a player who was near our flag carrier). Last guy now on a smoking bike jumped off and capped the flag.

Although we lost everyone on the team loved that moment :)

O

old.Cpl_Custard

Originally posted by SAS
(hair on the back of my neck stood up at this point :)).

I know that feeling so well :). Running back with the flag, heart pounding :), awsome.

My best moment was capping the flag on thin ice, after about a 4 min. effort by the entire team to get it back home.

I ran in and got the flag and started home on the hover bike. I heard the missile lock, so i jumped out, and very skillfuly, smeared myself over the cliff infront of me. The flag was dropped, so i did a VAF (Get Flag) and half of my team went out to get it. There was an army from their team and an army from our team running for the flag, and it was a question of who would reach it first. One of their team came in and was just about to return it but i fired a disk at it and it flew over his head, there entire team turned 180 and there was a mad rush for the flag, everyone shooting the flag so no one could pick it up. Then a teammate grabbed it and started off home. He was gunned down and i ran and grabbed it, had no energy and i was trying to get through that water in the middle of the map. Got through fine (just) and i flew over the mountain, chaingun fire zooming past my head, skiied down into the base for the best cap of my life :D.

WOOHOO

S

Scouse

Not team-related but I managed to hold the NME main base on that Snow-based C&H map with the tower in the centre by myself for the entire game - racking up 20 kills and keeping their gens down for the entire game without getting killed once.

I love that cloaking pack. :)

O

old.Irn-Bru

It's not a specific game I love, just the feeling of going LD with satchel charges, plasma rifles and mines, and sitting there holding your own againnst enemy cappers, or people trying to blow up your gens, is amazing.

O

old.logic7

I had a rather intense fight on the Sanctuary map last night. I lost, but he had only the slightest bit of life.

W

Wij

My CD Key was in use when I tried to register last night. What a fantastic moment that was. Great times :D

Then I sent a mail to Sierra and nothing's happened so far. Fantastic fun :D

M

-MoBioS-

MY fave moment....

Map - Reversion (I think)

Changing all 4 base turrets to AA barrels and laying out a cross-fire zone with Landspike turrets. Then sitting on top of flag building with rocketlauncher and watching NME flyers and ground vehicules get massacered in no time flat ;o)

[Edited by -MoBioS- on 20-04-01 at 19:51]

F

fatgit

satchel charging a vehicle pad, and blowing it up when 7 people were waiting for a transport :D

M

Milkshake

Bacon..

Piloting a Havoc with 4 peeps in it under the remote base in "Katabatic"

....while eating a bacon sandwitch :)

O

old.UncleCuba

Watching cappers get torn apart by my 9 turrets :)

G

My favourite moment was killing CL Metric, CL Montana, CL nifty, CL Garlic and CL Starstreak with one carefully placed satchel charge at their vehicle pad and listening to them shout on Roger Wilco.

And yes I, CL Xtro was on the other team ;). Booooommmmmmm...

M

MYstIC G

Getting my first kill. Nothing sweeter than freshly served death :D

O

old.hairybob

Piloting a bomber toward the nme base a full speed, with crew on-board, saying "good-bye", then jumping out of the cockpit, leaving the ship and its crew to go flying into shrike.
Hehehehehehe, hang on, its my question..............

---------------------
Hairy is Beautiful
---------------------

O

old.Mote\/

My favorite moments would have to be shooting down bombers from behind while in a shrike plane, although locking on then destroying bombers with the missile launcher also rocks.

I just love seeing them bombers blow up in mid air and shouting "Woohoo" as the wreckage falls to the ground in pieces along with 3 mostly dead bodies. :)

O

old.Luap2

My fave is where I will draw the enemy fire away from the rest of the attack team. Shrike around, trying to ram ppl and shooting at their feet really gets there attention. It's hilarious to see all the enemy suddenly stop chasing me around when their flag gets lifted. Bastards soon got wise to our antics though and started to ignore me.

S

shabazz

My favourite moments happened tonight on ctf 2, and previous nights.
Listed below:

1) When you get to your vehicle pad, you que up for ages, get the last shirke AND!........ someone else jumps in it.

2) When a teammate decides that the best way to kill an imcoming intruder (in the base) is with a morter thingy killing everything around him EXCEPT the nme......

3) When your a juggernaught and youve wating for a pilot in a half full transport, and the pilot decides to fly 2ft above the ground and crashes into one of your buildings

4) When you get in the tailgunner position in the bomber, for the pilot then to take off and make sweeping runs over the nme base, who then moans at YOU for not bombing

5) When people decide that what a tailgunner does is jump out of the bomber/transport at the first sign of danger.

6) When youve got the flag and everyone runs PAST you to the NME base.

7) When you come back to repair your vehicle, or restock on ammo etc, (for sentimental reasons :D) and someone decides that id be funny to shoot it AS your REPAIRING it

8) People who call u a lamer when you shoot them, in obvious situations like the one above

And last, but not least,

9) People who mine your weap stations, "incase the nme go near them". I think we all know what happens next......

And Yes, im a newbie (for tribes), but this stuff is stupid, but people are constanly doing it :/

--------------------------------------------------
Aaaaaaaanyways, nice one hairy bob on ctf2 2night :D

Those mines round that large tree were classic. I was typing " dont go up there they are"

and BOOM :D

"mined :/"

Heheh, you had to laff :D

M

MYstIC G

/me nabs those ideas for later use in a "What sux about T2" column ;)

G

gremlin

The best fun I've had is having a pilot and tailgunner you can communicate well with, and then having several successful bombing missions.

A good pilot/tailgunner combo seem to be quite hard to come by on the pubs right now. But hopefully as ppl get more used to the vehicles this will change.

O

old.Mote\/

My new favorite moment happened last night one thin ice where after a long time I finally got the enemy flag and ran out the base on low health being pursued by about 5 defenders and there was 2 people in a Beowolf tank just approaching.

The gunner then jumped out and allowed me to jump in and then the driver turned round and drove me back to our base while I blew up most of the defenders following us :p

Its great when teamwork really gets going, I have noticed quite a lot more teamwork in T2 pubs than in tribes 1 and I mean real teamwork like players actually helping each other attack etc. rather than simply having one spamming and one grabbing :)

[Edited by Mote\/ on 27-04-01 at 15:07]

Users who are viewing this thread