Your class and why you chose it

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Hey guys,

I like a few people am having a bit of a tough time deciding which class to choose (don't fancy being an alt-a-holic again!). I thought since the open beta is nearly over and many of you will have found a class you'll be sticking with come release you could tell us which class you have chosen and why you love that class so much.

I'll start off by saying so far i'm really enjoying the Chosen. It reminds me of a mix between an Armsman and Paladin in DAoC (at the early levels which is all i have experienced) - the passive auras are like chants which you can twist (if you can be bothered) and it also has some decent damage dealing skills. I can imagine it being quite a solid class at higher levels.

HerculesPluto

Fledgling Freddie
i was looking for a pally type thing but being able to do d,g,. ive no clue about wars classes yet hehe only that my guoild is going chaos, chosen are champions? i wanna have my main tank one of these me thinks

Keata

Fledgling Freddie
i was looking for a pally type thing but being able to do d,g,. ive no clue about wars classes yet hehe only that my guoild is going chaos, chosen are champions? i wanna have my main tank one of these me thinks

If you wanna play a pally ish type, i'd suggest Disciple of Khaine.. Its a light DPS healer type. If you have played DAoC it reminds me a bit of the Vampiir.. It's not a DPS machine, but almost every attack has an effect which either debuff then enemy + buff yourself(+4 str to you, -4 str to enemy etc) or a heal proc of some sort.

The class has huge potential solo and should be able to take 2 enemies at a time solong as its not being kited around. Group wise it will take a role as a backup healer and offers alot of utility to the group through group chants.

Borand

Fledgling Freddie
I didn't do much reading on any of the classes before I played WAR, so I went with the class which I had most fun with in DAoC - Shaman. No regrets so far, I love the balance between healing and damage dealing that the class has.

Squidbot

Fledgling Freddie
Black Orc for me. Why? Hard to say, usually I don't go for tank classes, nor Orcs, but I tried one for fun in Beta and just got hooked. No other class I tried had the same feel for me, I just really enjoyed pounding stunties :D

twix112

Fledgling Freddie
Well I choose the DoK since it had a good mix between damage/debuff and then the ability to heal.. It toke some time to get used to the style to need the blood essence to performe the spells but around lv 7+ a couple of nice debuff and DoTs arrived so it's really easy to take down 2 mobs and get out of there with full health...

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Black Orc because it is Bad Ass.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Well, it was originally a WE, but in all honesty, I like chars that have armour to dye/personalise etc. Don't get me wrong, nothing like staring at bare womens flesh for hours on end, but its a game.

Gone for DoK now, as I love any class that uses dual swords.
And also, if played well, it's a complete badass to kill.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
WE - really enjoying at the moment.

Kirini

Fledgling Freddie
My main is Black Orc for one main reason - If someone talks to me using long words or long sentences, I can scratch myself and reply with "Whut?" :D Also named him Wotcha, for the optional reply of "Wotcha takkin bout?"

Secondary is a Zealot. I like 2 things in games - tanking and healing. And the Zealot is an interesting healer/buffer.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
I went with black orc cos most of the spanners that I play with were rolling sorcerors and zealots ;)

I like playing tanks and he's been alot of fun so far. I've also got a Goblin Shaman as a possible alt and a Chaos Marauder.

The tanking of the black orc now he has taunt seems quite funky - I just need to find him a big hurty axe and some more nice armour now

M

boinged

Fledgling Freddie
I tried the WE in beta. Was planning on rolling a range dps or support at release but had so much fun with the WE that I was hooked. I don't really like playing female chars in MMOs but I'm glad I stuck with it.

It reminds me a bit of the Assassin I loved playing in AoC - high damage, low armour, fights are over quickly (win or lose) and in a few levels I get limited stealth!

Played a bit of Khaine's Embrace last night and with a bit of flanking and avoiding perma-healed ironbreakers I was eating squishie pie. There's no better feeling than cutting down swathes of fleeing Elves with 5m range knives :) I can't wait to get stealth and really cause some trouble behind the front lines...

I'll likely try the Disciple of Khaine too. Seems like it will be less damage but more survivability.

NephrenKa

Fledgling Freddie
Chaos chosen because of no better option avaliable.

Dark elves are emo and Orcs are Homo-Fungus.

Order side is even worse with all of those cat handlers, red heads with matches elven dancers and bearded pugs.

Babies With Beards - The Babies

6760Anders

Fledgling Freddie
I play Gobbo Shaman, and i love it!
I tried one for fun in the OB, didnot at all plan to play Shammy, but i really liked how they we're put together, and the abillity to both do dmg and heal, so i stuck with that, and i'm not sick of him yet. :) In fact, quite the opposite..
Some of my friends started out as Zealots, but had to choose another, because they found the class booooorring.. So now they're Witch Elves, and lovin it. xD

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
I liked the Merc in DAoC and Marauder was the closest thing on Destruction side.

Plus the fact that mutations are and look too cool to pass up.

Greedygrubber

Fledgling Freddie
I played a shaman for three years of WoW, and loved it to bits, even when I was forced to main heal when i started out raiding. I quickly rose through the ranks though, and decided some other sap could do that, I'm all about the pew pew.

Don't get me wrong, being able to heal yourself with automatically replenishable AP, instead of stocking potions till your backpack bursts, is great, but after trying the Shaman to lvl 4 in open beta, i decided I was not going to play a hybrid in this MMO. And also, I wasn't too fond of the way the mechanics of WAAAGH!-synergy between healing/damage worked.

So I rolled a witchelf, even though I never liked the rogues in WoW very much. Luckily, it's a lot more fun so far (the bloodlust system feels a lot more dynamic and adaptable than the combo points in WoW). I'm a pure damage dealer, noone will ever ask me to do anything i didn't roll the class to do, and I am easily the sexiest thing in a loin cloth this side of the sun.

Marwolaeth

Fledgling Freddie
Witch Elf... erm embarrasingly though because of the character name I use. Whenever I create a character using the name Marwolaeth the criteria are always "Female, purple wherever possible and dmg dealer". In DAoC she was a Nightshade, in Anarchy Online she was a Shade, in WoW she was a Rogue and here, well, it made sense for her to be a Witch Elf. Very pleased with it as the name has an "elvish" ring to it anyway and "Marwolaeth" is one of the Welsh words for "Death" so kinda fitting :)

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
I went with Shaman, i just love them little gobbo fellas and for once i would roll something new instead of just going for Hybrid Tank, so Shaman it was, nothing more than that really, new i was gonna be Greenskin, after all Greenz da best.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
Black Ork, because "Orks is never beaten in battle, if we wins we wins, if we die we die so it don't count as beat, an' if we runs for it we don't die neither, so we can always come back for another go!"

How could you not like these guys? :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Black ORC, because having massive HP > all :)

Was contemplating on a Chosen first but i dunno, it seems a tad squishy for a tank :/ and those auras sure as hell aint doing any use.

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
I play many classes, just can't stick with 1, as so many of them are fun.

Main is my shaman, lvl 20 now, having loads of fun with him, playing very heal focused, althrough the fun of giving some caster 3 DoTs and a focus DD is not to be underestimated.

Got a Sorcerer too, only lvl 8, uber damage output, but mostly using for making potions at the moment

Working up my chosen too, lvl 9 now, and while I usually hate tanks, I love the chosen. Hang back a bit, taking their offensive frontline for some fun, then do a quick flank and use your abilities to take down an enemy caster without a sweat and run back is great fun.

Jor

Fledgling Freddie
Started with a DoK and will have an eye on a Squig Herder, too. Why? Well - I like hybrid classes, especially when they also have some group stuff (buff, chant, heal, etc.). Also I was playing a Dark Templar in AoC and this was melee/lifeleech by design, but didn't really work, so I wanted to see if the DoK could do better - and he does.

Squiggy... well, one of the first and the last DAoC char I rolled was a Ranger, so bow/melee looks good AND I like to have a pet --> natural choice.

Have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom