Your can't see your target

Ailir

Fledgling Freddie
as the name of the thread sais thats all i get now days when i fight someone is everyone that plays this game a wanker or compleet noob that dosnt understand an honest fight wish people would learn how to play there class rather than strafe bug around people cos its the only way they can win

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
I wish people could understand game mechanics and try to counter them effectively. I hate chassing a caster that goes up and down the water and I manage to land only one shot in three, but it's part of the game.

Going toe to toe is not on the other hand. A caster has no defense vs a tank that's on him, what do you expect them to do, try for a staff kill? Not really. Likewise why someone shouldn't strafe to by-pass a shield or pull off a possitional? I understand what you're trying to say here but there are ways to counter straffing and run through.

Ailir

Fledgling Freddie
you cant counter strafe or run through thats the point by the time u see them do it on your screen that have already styld you or moved because of the delay i know this canot be fixd at all but tbh whats the point in playing a game if u know u cant win in a fare fight theres no honer anymore people used to fight face to face best player wins but not anymore and i refuse to lower myself by strafing in a 1 vs 1 fight

Arabnisse

Fledgling Freddie
Kaun_IA said:
strafeing isnt a bug... learn to counter it.

True, then again imagine how many people would S U C K if you'd remove their keyboard's Q+E.. or is it W..? anywho you get it :)

I'm sorta curious how the line of sight work by towers and so on.. you archers/casters know what I mean.. you think you are safe then BOOM! :p

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
People should really understand how to see strafeing too.

Ive had 3 duels on one of my characters where after the person has said "nice fight but dont strafe its unfair"

Which is pretty funny as i dont actualy have any strafeing keys setup !!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
i dueled someone and slaughtered him, he said "you got lucky and strafed me at the start".

all i do in a duel is hit stick, as most people do the same you get that weird thing where you characters spin round each other for a split second, if people are lame enough to strafe i usually just walk backwards :)

Sye

Fledgling Freddie
Ailir said:
as the name of the thread sais thats all i get now days when i fight someone is everyone that plays this game a wanker or compleet noob that dosnt understand an honest fight wish people would learn how to play there class rather than strafe bug around people cos its the only way they can win

Isn't that a contradiction? Telling people they should learn how to play their class when you cant even counter strafe tactics?

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
> I'm sorta curious how the line of sight work by towers and so on.. you archers/casters know what I mean.. you think you are safe then BOOM! :p

Well, one of the things about bolts and arrows (though not direct damages), is that the hit/miss/damage is determined when they are released, and only reported to caster and target after they have travelled to the target. As a result you can easily be hit at a time you've ducked back undercover, and can therefore no longer see your target. The archer/bolter only needs line of sight when arching/casting, not when the arrow/bolt hits.

Not saying there isn't abuse that can cause similar effects, but this is one of the common reasons.

Darzil

Bahumat

FH is my second home
the archer has the shot primed, as soon as you appear he has already released.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Run through is just as bad :(

I can't count the number of times i've tried to Quickcast Mez/Root an assasin who has poped a PA on me, and they countered with a run through...

The funny thing is they whine when that forces me to Pop MoC3 and lifetap them...

Ailir

Fledgling Freddie
Sye said:
Isn't that a contradiction? Telling people they should learn how to play their class when you cant even counter strafe tactics?

ok m8 obisouly u dont realise that u cant accuratly counter strafing as by the time the message is sent from there computer to goa servers and back to mine/yours they are in a diffrent place to what it sais on your screen

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
I dont have a problem with straffing. Soon as they start I just walk back. If you can't step back before they wtfpwn you from this, then either a) you have really shit lag, or b) really shit reactions, or c) a combo of both.

Walk through and straffing is part of the game, until GOA or Mythic state otherwise (i.e they say its a bug dont do it). I've never seen them say they are going to fix it, and I don't think they will.

Sye

Fledgling Freddie
Ailir said:
ok m8 obisouly u dont realise that u cant accuratly counter strafing as by the time the message is sent from there computer to goa servers and back to mine/yours they are in a diffrent place to what it sais on your screen

I rest my case, you dont know how to counter it.

Online gaming will never be instant like in single player games, so you gotta live with the 'lag' issues and learn how to counter them.

Either that or upgrade from a dial connection

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
I have to admit to using the odd run-through tactic, but thats usually on assassins - f*ck em, they deserve it ;) haha!

It's not hard to counter strafing when in melee combat, but when you have a caster a couple of hundred yards away bolting you, but apparently not standing still at all, it does get a bit annoying - dunno how or why this happens, and on a 2Mb connection with a machine that can melt the polar ice cap, i doubt it's lag my end doing it...

As i said, not common, but annoying ;)

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
Think Sye trying to say that a good tactican don't wait for the enemy to do the move, and then react upon that(although to be able to do just that helps as well) but to act/move/react/counter even before the enemy does his/her move. As in move backwards, press face, press stick, circle left or right, run through, strafe left or right, etc.

Since i'm on a dial-up (56k :eek7: ) connection i often have problem with this, since my computer is bound to lag no matter what, but still it helps alot if i at least try and not just press stick.

mixal

Banned
I played on a Freeshard DAoC and had nightshade there , i was hoping to do sidestun with strafing :) and when i try to strafe it says '' Your strafing now , you cant use any style '' i was shocked .... looks like even Freeshard owners solved that problem.

MaCaBr3

Banned
CHRIST DAOC PLAYERS CAN QQ FREAKING HELL.

YES I'M QQ'ing ABOUT THE QQ'ing.

On a half serious note. I really really really can't cope with the freaking whining about strafing anymore because it's a movement that is implemented into the game and can be freely used by the player.

FPS players - i'm positevely sure about this - will have strafing bound as an habit and will play with they usual FPS setup, meaning binding movement keys to their alfanumeric keys. This give you more liberty into binding your surrounding keys to spells, styles etc etc.

Now i'm just wondering: do the players who whine about strafing play with a "normal" keyboard setup using the arrows? Is it that because they have harder time pulling it off because of their keyboard setup? Because then it's just their own fault.

whats the big deal with the freaking strafing anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom