your best memory in daoc?

Funkybunny

Banned
think back throughout yer daoc "carieer".. whats the one thing that happened ingame that made you go "wooooooooow".. for me i think it was meeting njessi for the first time, swimming over to gna hoping i would survive ... seing njessi coming towards me and i franticly backing away to get out of agrozone.. it was the biggest meanest mob ive ever seen and i felt shaken up for a loong time after that :)

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
getting ganked in snowdonia with my arms when I was 28 by Jenna and Blood ;) when they had yellow con armour and we had green con coz our dungeons weren't itemised :p

adorf

Fledgling Freddie
befor si toa was out and i couldnt solo yellows :p but the when toa came out i could solo reds

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
First solo kill in rvr :) Never have my pulse been that high in a computer game before or after ^^

Teslacoil

Can't get enough of FH
exping in Gna ( or near it rather ) , and getting massive lag ( old comp back then ) , and seeing the famous "green snake" having a guild meeting , and i just wanted to join that bunch ;)

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Njessi was cool ;)

But the first thing I really remember was walking along the road from Gna Faste...Had my mate on the phone and we saw some trees...

-"Look those trees look strange, let's check it out"
-"OK, but they're purple con to us you know ??"
-"So ?? They're trees and are rooted into the ground"

10 seconds later:

-"RUN FFS!!"

after 10 more seconds:

-"Hahaha,lol"

That day we encountered the Willows :cheers: :bazbeer:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
killing 6 out of 7 mids in DF on my hero and a lvl 45 bard :)

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
My first day as a L50 Ranger in OF in Emain excali, took down 3/4 mid casters before they finally got me...Heart was pounding after that.Got me hooked on doac :)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Probably either my first 'real' solo fight when I was about 46 and found an orange con BM in the trees SE of AMG in emain, was a great fight and was pleased I won despite the level differance.

Or one time when I was 49 and fought a skald called optical for over an hour on Excalibur Road in forest sauvage, was litrally a running cat and mouse battle all over the forest that last for ages, trying to see who could recover fastest for the next skirmish, eventually I resisted one of his spells and just managed to win.Was probably the most unusual and fun fight i've had.

In terms of pve my fondest memory would be chain pulling Danoin Clerks in lyoness around levels 30+ simply because the groups were great and funny, specially after someone made an embarrassing missend I wont repeat here :D

Novac

Fledgling Freddie
First lvl 50 ding was teh thing for me... was soo much fun i was jumping around irl and fell and hurt my head, but was awsome

Twotosix

Fledgling Freddie
when 80 + Avalanche bumped into 80 + aran's circle before the slope down to hulks in df on camlann ,, pre si .. :) Both guilds were allies but when 2 guilds that big run into eachother mistakes are easy,, i was the first person to cast and first to die .. but it meant i got a good look at the fight :)

there's also one time i soloed like 24 hibs at beno... (well guards may have helped a little :p)

Oh oh and i cherish the memories of all the WL and NP i killed that were usually 10 lvl's higher than me ,, early days of camlann :')

Garnet

Fledgling Freddie
Jumping off of Gna Faste roof killing myself and then realised that Perfect Recovery didnt self res.

Hmm naked trolls chasing me through Spindelhalla :x

nakkiel

Fledgling Freddie
running to HW with marc to do my epic. The laughs we had about a tourettes syndrome program we'd seen still make me chuckle now.

That or the laughs in the old SS 40's club levelling up together

Mirari

Fledgling Freddie
It was when mids did a huge raid in alb lands (OF ofc), we took a few keeps and managed to get a summoner up. First there was like 30-50 albs on the keep, then more like 200+ ish albs roaming around, mids porting back and trying to get there, small fights everywhere, action all the time :) And I was playing my warrior, and even I was able to get some action. Im sure theres many others who remembers that night, even if im not very good at describing all the details :)

Also first time when I found an infil who had just logged in at amg room and thus unbuffed (!!!). Enjoyed and cherished every frame of his begging/crying and the 2h axe doing its work. Glorious (sp?) times those...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Getting my first realm point with Joulupukki (Santa Claus in finnish), a level 10 berserker.

Was on a keepraid, for some or other reason i lost my way and ended up in middle of the war. Huge fight, some strange looking thing(armsman i think) came next to me and i evidently managed to hit it for one points worth before my groupmates took care of it. I think i dented the keep door too.

On the way back, the rest of the group went out hunting, i decided to run solo back home(smart kid), met a full group of albs and...

Well...ouch.

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
my fondest memory was quitting...

j/k it was syncronizing critshots with Mathal back in the days, man we felt uber or maybe my first relic raid or joining my first guild (OotKT) and Aethelstan gave me 10g (!!!!!) was a lot of dosh back then or going to Barrows for the first time or exploring the great unknown (not so much fun anymore as it's all known) or or or or or... too many to list tbh

Helme

Resident Freddy
When I finally got my ToA template sorted out, it was a huge relief after working on it for 4-5 months.

Imon

Fledgling Freddie
When my guild took me to DF way back, made chills up my spine

Maghica

One of Freddy's beloved
Way back in the beginning ... I had this 'Hun Tress' running around FortAtla, no idea that I could use a bow even :D I kept wacking mobs with a melee weapon and running after those horses..I sooo much wanted to ride on it like I saw other people do.
Then one day 'Ratattack' explained me how to get to the stable guy and buy a ticket :worthy: I'll never, ever forget my first ride on that horse ....and then he mentioned the word 'BOW'....and that's when I got hooked on this game!

Gungo

One of Freddy's beloved
Killing Lilspawns in DF only to turn round and see Ukobat steaming toward me, insta death, damn how i crapped my self, then watching him stroll off, he sure looked awesome.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
PvE: Seeing Askheim for the first time at about level 10 in an FG, we still died :)

RvR: My first keep take and relic attempt at level 12 with my old pal Negura and our guild Dragons of the North, attacking Beno for what seemed an eternity.

Hehe, seems all our favorite moments involve us dying....

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
1) winning the SB tournament back in 2003 (in Nisse's Lair, held by Deygos). hard-earned 420 gold......my mighty happy roar scared my wife :)
2) 6-hour marathon in DF. killed over 70 (counted by poison bottles left) albs/hibs b4 they found me. DF belonged to albs 1st, then turned to hibs.
and 3) recent fight vs 2 scouts...ethalon (spl?) of assasin's gameplay - outwitting and outsmarting one's opponents. was going to document it, mb post it later.

Anar

One of Freddy's beloved
Best Mem:

Installing SI.

Worst Mem:

Installing TOA :puke:

Keres

One of Freddy's beloved
One of my best memories was on a raid in Caer Sidi with the alliance, got all the way to Apocs room and its got bugged where we couldn't hit any of the horsemen and we couldn't get out of the room. After a while, Kemor appeared in a mini version of Apoc and summoned a zombie-in-the-ground mob which we was supposed to die on. Although we killed it, dropped Legion drops (DF drops and mass Diamond seals) and Kemor killed three quarters of the zerg with one AE attack. Was laughing my head off at that point and even more when Kemor struggled to kill Ink (A Necro) and I think it was Soulfly (Pally). The destructive powers of the GM, be worried, be very worried. :eek7:

Outlander

Part of the furniture
most memorable (and worst) memory was some creep trying hard to cyb0r my female dwarf (Im a bloke) and he was VERY graphic :( Eventually he left me alone but now Im scarred for life :eek7: was reported dunno what happened to him afterwards.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Trying to level in UC with my first char a SB going by the name of Soulsdoorway, living in fear of some enemy coming to cause chaos. Was really fun in a strange way of getting one hit all the time, but was really fun, we'd all go charge, GET HIM RAAR trolls, norse and the lil doofs all running to get em!.

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
Tricky one tbh...

The End of Beta event, was very good fun, even if it was a little chaotic hehe

The first time I arrived at amg Emain at 4am and had a little party with the p+++ mids and a few albsies, with Blejs and Blood 'duelling' my pet hehe

The HDS group tearing through the Mid relic force at Ailinne and then heading to Lamfhota...

Too many to put down tbh, but those stand out the most.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
1. When my first character (avalonian cleric ftw) hit 35 and could rez level 50's... I suddenly felt so usefull in keep raids etc.

2. Back when I was still with Order of the Unseen and we claimed our first keep ... I was chainpm'ing Conoor for the commands etc he talked me trough it (/hug Conoor). We were all so proud that most of the guildmembers stayed in or near the keep and in the first 24 hours it got attacked 3 times and all attacks were turned away! We ended up having the keep at level 10 for a little over a week and then we handed it over to an alliance guild .. we weren't going to keep it at a lower level!

I made a movie about all that but I lost it when my hd crashed :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom