You know you're in a bad group when...

R

Roo Stercogburn

... the group leader is always AFK and you can't invite people.

... the group charges through an agro dungeon rather than pulling ahead.

... people are constantly blaming each other for things instead of working out what went wrong and improving it next time.

... nobody can agree on what to hunt.

... the puller keeps pulling when everyone is out of power.

... even the mobs are shaking their head in despair at the group.

... the healer hits the group insta heal button on pull.

... in an RvR dungeon someone keeps pulling mobs while realm enemies are attacking you. (you have to see this to believe it).

... somone is whining about xp so much that the group is pressured into harder and harder mobs until there is a wipeout.

... people whine about xp per pull rather than watching xp over time.

... two or more separate people decide they are leading the group... in different directions.

... someone decides to spice things up a bit by buffing the casters with str & haste buffs and the tanks with acuity & mana regen buffs.

... none of the tanks know how to use Guard and Protect and haven't heard of Intercept.

... the tanks just sit down and let the pbae casters do all the damage saying that they're not helping much anyway so why should they bother.

... when you're trying to be helpful and are explaining something someone else in the group decides to make smart arse comments because they already know and forget that not everyone does.

... you are still buffing when the group runs off and starts pulling.

... the group leader won't make any effort to recruit and leaves it up to everyone else.

... mid-pull someone decides they are leaving the group and they leg it.

... you join the group and get told you can stay until they get the actual class they were after.

... you join the group and there is one lvl50 and 6 lvl23s in the group.

... someone is privately messaging other players in the group to go make a more efficient xp group without the deadweight.

... group members go AFK without saying.

... just after pull has started you realise you have 6 people stuck to you. (related to above).

Probably a lot more and before someone else says it the No. 1 sign you are in a bad group:

... you have a Dark SM called Roo in the group :D

O

old.Tohtori

I'll add some:

....you bodypull(aka attack a mob) and get the appropriate adds(two in most cases) and after your health goes to about 30% you understand that perhaps the healer is doing something else.

...you say "afk", sit down and hear from across the room that a dark SM called Roo is pulling :p

Nice one Roo in any case :D

M

Mage

Lol - there's more!

- You join 'uber gp' to find there's just 2 of you.

- Someone legs it to entrance but doesn't disband cos he want to leech the last exp; and the entire AC/dungeon decends on you when he exits.

- Ding!!.... bb!!

- 'the exp is better at ....'

- 'can I try you epic armour on?'

- a caster/ccc char asking a tank for a drop stats for the xth time during a major melee

O

old.job

When all the other players in the group are saying things in a language you don't understand.

T

The Real Redi

- "RAR! DING!!Thanks for the group guys, ill just take the quick route back" runs off into the Sewers, by himself, without disbanding first... :rolleyes:

ARGH!

R

Roo Stercogburn

Originally posted by old.job
When all the other players in the group are saying things in a language you don't understand.

No that usually just means I've either been let into a Norrsken group or have grouped with Bragi's Scorpions :D

O

old.job

Actually that was the jist of the joke, should have said your a Hib and all the other members are Trolls. :D

O

old.windforce

- someone decides he is a better puller and pulls

C

Cyradix

Was about tell a few stories about grouping with Roo but decided not to....

He is my GM after all and I'dd like to stay in the guild a bit longer ;)

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by old.windforce
- someone decides he is a better puller and pulls

when said puller is the cleric, who's also 10 levels lower because you couldn't get any better...

O

old.linnet

When someone hits confuse all the time, because they are bored.

O

old.Tohtori

...when i...umm..."someone" pushes skald speed/damadd/rest songs all the time while waiting for a pull :p

J

Jiggs

leveling a friar, sometimes i was the only healer in the group.

if i felt like it, i'd just let someone die :D

not so often that it was obvious or you'd even think i was a bad player: you know just deliberately cast too many heals or smth so i was oop at the vital moment.

well it livened up the game a bit :)

T

Tasans

- Healer starts chain casting cure poison instead of heal to the tanks being hit (happened in malmo)
- Healer spams aoe mez and aoe stun
- Group with 4 tanks and 3 clerics gets 4 adds, all the tanks decide to hit one mob while the clerics are getting munched (why i stopped playing in pryd)
- Sorc thinks its uber to nuke instead of mez
- Buff classes not knowing what their buffs do and giving out the worse possible buffs (acuity on seers, str on casters etc, hell my sb once had pom and acuity buff)
- Tanks decide to have solo fights in the middle of the pulls

C

chretien

When the tank shouts 'On Me!' everytime he gets aggro. Yes I've seen that happen.

A

Apathy

...when the paladin turns out to be Spanish.

a.

C

Cush

When 3 casters invite me (minstrel) into the group and starts pulling and when they get hit they yell HEAL HEAL HEAL.. after all is dead they ask me wtf i never heald for

N

-Nxs-

- When your loosing health rapidly, and all the cleric/friar keeps doing is giving you an AF buff over and over again (wrong toolbar)

O

old.job

I joined another Chanter once in DF, straight away he pulled 5 purp Nab Drinkers without a healer, while waiting for the subsequent res, he just typed in the group box

'That was unlucky'

K

kain_pravus

Bah you boring people A few of the above makes the day interresting!

- When the thane decides to use the Mjollnir to kill stuff faster. Bah mez is for panzys and I'm sure I won't hit anything else in this dungeon :doh:

R

Roo Stercogburn

I think one of my worst grouping experiences ever was getting a swearing and getting called f%$king noob etc from my fellow groupmates for not having specced PBT.

For those that don't know, SMs don't have pbt.

C

chretien

... you're in a full group with a cleric, two other paladins and no crowd control other than tanks aggro management. You've just pulled and it's a biggy when both the paladins tell you they're auto training chants and the cleric suddenly remembers to tell you they're fully smite specced. My paladin (level 30 something at the time) was the primary healer in the group.

T

the_smurflord

... the main tank is an assassin

... the main healer is a warden

... the rest of the group follow the puller into the spawn zone.

O

old.Jable

you travel all the way to tur suil only to find the group relogged alts and fucked off to sprag.

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by old.Jable
you travel all the way to tur suil only to find the group relogged alts and fucked off to sprag.

Concerning this...not a bad group thing but pisses me off...

You play a healer.

In a group.

Get ganked in myrkwood(somewhere in the woods).

Run back from Galplen, over the river, into the woods, find the group.

Start to cast resurrect.

Get instakilled by some ubermod with a friend.

S

Shike

-when you are in a group at some nasty highlvlspawnarea with adds like hell, you are the puller and ask a dude to stick off you 3 times, then decide.. what the heck and run off to pull anyway, when you draw the pulling tool you see your afk-groupmate lag away straight into the spawnarea...

the absolutely worst I know is when people just go afk, alt-tab or similar without saying. Puller pulls, tanks start to get low on health, no heals... group dies, healer asks, what happened while he was watching some TV... <visualises how he strangles someone>.. I wouldnt complain if daoc had a vote-kicksystem tbh.

S

Shike

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn
I think one of my worst grouping experiences ever was getting a swearing and getting called f%$king noob etc from my fellow groupmates for not having specced PBT.

For those that don't know, SMs don't have pbt.

I once got yelled at when I played armsman since I refused to rez a guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom