You can observe the other team?

S

SAS

Saw a well known player do this =

I joined a game and after a few minutes the player became a observer. Nothing wrong in that I though, but after a while he changed back to his team. His score was still the same and he suffered no points loss for doing this.

Although I can't say if he was just taking a piss or was an observer to spy on my team (to check out defences) it does seem odd you don't loss points for what can be an exploitable situation :/

S

Stamper

If your idle for a couple of mins, u get shoved into spec mode - so ppl dont get easy frags for killing you.

once u return, you get back to your own team and continue with what score u had

S

Stamper

anyway, in organised games this will cost a team a game - losing a player to spec mode.

I remember some games when players dropped and made it 7v8 - this was taken advantage of and usually gained the 8 team a win

S

Scouse

Don't really see it as an issue on pubbies - as one player hardly makes much of a difference anyway.

I also don't see it being an issue in proper matches - because admins won't allow spectators.

O

old.Ewan

It is definitely a potential problem, but in leagues the general rules for tribes2 looks to be the same as tribes1 - no spectators allowed.

Ewan

O

old.zach

Nah there’s very little benefit, if any that can be gained.

[cF]NeaRly

Users who are viewing this thread