"You are strafing in combat, and your attack misses!"

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Thanks for that.

Apologies for the paraphrasing... but it's the easiest way to adress your 'points'

Who are you to say what I find more "fulfilling"?

I apologise... If you find attacking other people for no reason fullfiling. No problem, i simply assumed that most well adjusted people would find more pleasure in helping others etc, than in attacking them. I guess that says something.

Dude, Im speaking for majority of the gamers.

Who are you to speak for the majority of gamers?

In 2 and a half years you say that you haven't played any other character besides Shaman (or mages etc)? Never ever?

Yep i've played other characters... Most casters, and never a combatant seriously. (Kitt is my first "serious" Melee char), and as i said, i have never bothered to strafe around untill the other day. Once again, i apologise, this time because the fact that i have never noticed this particular message before, seems to offend you.

Dude, your knowledge of DAoC sucks. Period

Sorry (again!), but your wrong. Totally. The fact that i have never been inclined to tap the strafe key whilst in combat before now, has no indication on my knowledge of DAoC. (It simply indicates that i have never bothered to to tap the strafe key imo ;) )

I asure you, i have a great deal of knowledge about DAoC, something that can be backed up by many people in game no doubt... but i digress...

And FYI, there is no "qualification" to become an E&E, you just need to be good at comunicating, and be willing to give up some of your in game play time to help others out.

Hope that helps clear things for you a little. For more info on the E&E you can check the 'volunteer' section of the EU camelot website.

Layl, Sorceress [Banned]
Layls, Infiltrator [Banned]

You actions in game are obviously not entirely "good"

If you would like to talk about why you feel all this anger towards people, drop me a mail on steven_loy@hotmail.com , talking sometime helps people deal with life problems they are having.

Look forward to hearing from you Kr0n.

/hug

kr0n

Fledgling Freddie
Urgat said:
Thanks for that.
I apologise... If you find attacking other people for no reason fullfiling. No problem, i simply assumed that most well adjusted people would find more pleasure in helping others etc, than in attacking them. I guess that says something.
What does it say then? That Im deeply distorted from this society and should be locked away in some safe place? My way of getting some steam out is indeed "attack" other people on forums etc. Would you rather see me punching old people in the street? Just don't take everything said here so seriously, especially when you don't know who you're talking to.
If you knew my background, you wouldn't have even bothered to dignify me with an answer. It's a well known fact that I take much joy from flaming poor buggers.

urgat said:
Who are you to speak for the majority of gamers?
A longtime member of the DAoC gamers society, active character both in and out of game and also, more people seemed to agree with me than disagree.

urgat said:
Yep i've played other characters... Most casters, and never a combatant seriously. (Kitt is my first "serious" Melee char), and as i said, i have never bothered to strafe around untill the other day. Once again, i apologise, this time because the fact that i have never noticed this particular message before, seems to offend you.
Good for you. Strafing is at least in my playstyle a very essential tool to get off those pesky sidestyles and moving near another player (eg. guard). The fact that you haven't noticed this is hilarious.

urgat said:
Sorry (again!), but your wrong. Totally. The fact that i have never been inclined to tap the strafe key whilst in combat before now, has no indication on my knowledge of DAoC. (It simply indicates that i have never bothered to to tap the strafe key imo ;) )
Guess I can't really say your "knowledge sucks" as I don't know you and haven't talked to you before. But so far your ranking in people who I would go and ask a question about DAoC is pretty low.

urgat said:
And FYI, there is no "qualification" to become an E&E, you just need to be good at comunicating, and be willing to give up some of your in game play time to help others out.
It was seriously meant only as a joke. 95% of all jokes are about making something/someone look/sound funny. You're a funny little guy. EOD.

urgat said:
You actions in game are obviously not entirely "good"

If you would like to talk about why you feel all this anger towards people, drop me a mail on steven_loy@hotmail.com , talking sometime helps people deal with life problems they are having.

Look forward to hearing from you Kr0n.

/hug
If I wasn't one with the situation that my account has been banned I wouldn't even put that tag there. It's ok. Seriously.

And point me a person who doesn't sometimes feel angry and diss other people and I hand you my ass. Literally.

Now go back to your little E&E forums with the rest of you Santa's Little Helpers and have a tee party.

Urgat

Part of the furniture
:)

<Smiles>

You write well.

Thanks for the banter, was fun. This thread has served it's purpose now.

(ps - i was bieng serious... the offer stands)

/leaves thread.

Jaond

Fledgling Freddie
Urgat said:
Anyone else seen this?

During an exp session, i was attemting to circle a mob to get positionals on it whilst MA held the agro.

So, i /stick, then strafe round to get to the back. As i am moving, i swing with a prepared anytime style (amy slash fyi).

I notice i missed, and get this message as feedback...

"You are strafing in combat, and your attack misses!"

oO

I decided to test this further, by spamming amy slash (anytime) and continuing to strafe around the mob.

Same results.

Then i tried strafing and stopping just before the weapon swing... resulted in hitting as normal, (as long as i timed it correctly)

Next test was in a Duel (to simulate RvR combat)

Exactly same results.

My question...

Has anyone else come across this? it's new to me, and have never noticed it before.

My other question would be...

"If this is how its meant to be... how can all these people who straf in RvR ever win a fight ?

- Kittanna DeLatria
[Infiltrator]

Wtf is wrong with infils?

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
they should remove strafing in combat, cuz obviously the code is not good enough to handle it (too much lag)

TeaSpoon

Fledgling Freddie
Been in since I was playing beta version, and I learnt it on my first day :)

tilde

One of Freddy's beloved
TeaSpoon said:
Been in since I was playing beta version, and I learnt it on my first day :)

Hehe same here, i actually think it was good to strafe around and stay mobile around the mob you were hitting. Thought he would hit me less due to my moving, but after some hours i figured out it wasnt that good.

If you are running through someone and do /face and backpos in a quick pace - you will end up with "target not in view" most likely, since the latency to server still is in progress. Wait around half a sec, then press styles. Play the game based on the server lag would be my tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom