YIPPEE!!!

O

old.QuantumUK

After many years of playing as a HPW on Barrysworld servers, ever since the days were Quake TF was the in thing, I've watched the number of LPBs steadily increase and dominate the servers. Well as they say, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

So today, I took delivery of my very own cable modem! Yippee! As soon as I get the cable extended, I'm an LPB! Do not hate me! I had to do it! Resistance is futile!

Ahem. What's that you say? So f*cking what? Oh well ;) I'm just chuffed!

/me strokes shiny new beige box on his desk...

O

old.frankie

so, whats it like ?

------------------
----------------------
-------------------------
----------------------
DR_FRANKENSTIEN

O

old.QuantumUK

I'll tell you when I get the cable extended! ;) Appointment is currently for Wednesday. :(

O

old.QuantumALBA

If you are still interested, it's &@*1#$ AWESOME :D

Ping's in half life are about 40 if it's quiet, 60 - 80 if it's busier, and that's even when there is bad lag (I hear you can get them to 20 in Q3). Downloads fly at you, you can click on a 50 Meg file, go have a cup of tea, come back and it's done! Hell, it's faster than what I get in uni! It's like, *blink* 200k *blink* 400k *blink* 600k :eek:

You become everyone's best friend in napster too.

If you can get this then go for it. You don't even have to think about a connection to the internet, you are part of it! I got it installed yesterday and was grinning from ear to ear all day. :D

O

old.frankie

nice man

can u give us EXACT specs of the line and what hardware you got, where its from what it is and cost and EVERYTHING about it

will help when the foriegn freaks decide the cable TV network could be sucking more money from us

O

old.[Pixie]

Nice quant =]

im getting adsl cos i dont think many people in my area will be =]

then i can leave it on 24/7...

do you know if anyone els is on the same frq as you quant?

------------------
[This message has not been edited by pixie (not edited summer of love 1969).]

O

old.QuantumALBA

frankie: Go to www.ntl.com/cablemodems

Basic specs: 512KB downstream, 128KB upstream, dynamic IP but it hardly ever changes. Costs £150 for modem, £25 for cable installation, plus you need to have a 10baseT ethernet card. It's currently £20 a month for first to months, but £40 a month thereafter. Which is not bad.

Pixie: You mean frequency? And if so, what do you mean by it? :) I think it uses time division multiplexing and not frequency multiplexing if that's what you mean?

[This message has been edited by QuantumALBA (edited 08 June 2000).]

O

old.QuantumALBA

I get that a lot. :D

But I've earned it after all those years of having a crap connection! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom