Yes The Servers are down

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
Hi Guys
The servers were brought offline at approx 9:30 GMT this morning for maintenance, we are anticipating that they will be back up early this afternoon. Really sorry would have let you know sooner except we just found out about it this morning.

And yes it has been posted in the news...

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
:) quick and informative post , thx , and ignore any whiners that post the normal aaaaaaaarrrgh whens it back up crap u sometimes get, id rather maintenance then lag or bugs ^^

Bean

Fledgling Freddie
Just when i get a day off work and can play i log in and a popup comes up telling me to log out... :twak:

/goes to find a real life ;)

Tilda

FFS Servers always bloody down, I was going to... oh... wait...lecture in 5 mins!
;)

Bellona

Banned
it was raining this morning, so I stayed home to enjoy daoc instead of a day at school in wet clothes, I got no rainproof outwear :(

and then servers get shut :(

*cry*

Gahn

Resident Freddy
I do hope it's cause yesterday there were yet again those annoying lag spikes all over the place? pls say that to me Zen.

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
This will cost you mr. GM!

because you shut down the servers.. i have to pay another 10euro for downloading 10~GB on movies!.. (some old movies: Scream 1 & 2.. if i only knew where Scream 3 was located @ usenet :?)

oh well.. 500~ KB/sec = 1,6~ gb per hour.. wont take that long =]

any1 has FTD? could you search for me where to find it?

Ty!

Aklaim

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
:) quick and informative post , thx , and ignore any whiners that post the normal aaaaaaaarrrgh whens it back up crap u sometimes get, id rather maintenance then lag or bugs ^^

without lags or bugs? WAKE UP

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
nerf this! only time i have been home from school in 3 years, then this shit happens! ffs..

Elvohir

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone know woot early afternoon means ? is it 2PM, 3PM or 7PM or even 9PM ?

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
Elvohir said:
Anyone know woot early afternoon means ? is it 2PM, 3PM or 7PM or even 9PM ?

ah that's the whole beauty of being vague ;)

actually, servers should start coming back up shortly.

Elvohir

Fledgling Freddie
well, they are still not up, so I guess shortly is another term of early afternoon ? ;p

I know it isn't easy to say woot time, but give us a little more info plz. Maybe something like in an hour, 6PM, tomorrow or at catacombs launch :clap:

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
Servers should be coming back up as I type....

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Laughed when I found out.

Had been downloading the SI client until silly o'clock in the morning. Logged on the gimp, checked I could still remember how to trip over my own staff, went to bed.

Got up, did a few chores, thought "Ah time to log on...bugger." :D

Which gives me the opportunity to mention a few things...

Being able to download client from GOA webby... good. However, because you need the CD Key to kick off the download its not really that convenient and ultimately pointless - you can't play without a valid license anyway. Further, if something causes the download to stop, you have to re-enter the CD Key. Perhaps not a major issue but something that could be improved. It smacks of unfinished software.

Also, and this is a biggy. A really biggy. Really. Big. Biggy. Big one.

PLEASE GOA. Make Licenses purchasable over the web. Go see how Eve Online does it and take notes.

Given its mercilessly hard to actually get a hold of *anything* to do with DAoC in the UK, this has got to be some kind of priority I would have thought. I remember Requiel mentioning some time ago that sales channels were being improved, this is definately one which we'd all like to see.

Especially myself after what I went through yesterday trying (and ultimately failing) to get a copy of ToA or just a CD Key since I already have it installed, just not activated for the Roo account (it was closed before ToA was released). Hence the fun and games downloading.

Has to be said though, its still a big improvement over what there used to be. Just needs nudged that little bit further :)

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
You sure you need to enter the key Roo? Cant you just click past that as per normal when you start the patcher.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Fana said:
You sure you need to enter the key Roo? Cant you just click past that as per normal when you start the patcher.

It wasn't the patcher, it was the SI installer thats on the GOA website. I had to download the lot as ToA not activated for Roo and my copy of the software is 300 miles away due to moving home and storing some stuff at my parents just now.

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
Roo Stercogburn said:
However, because you need the CD Key to kick off the download its not really that convenient and ultimately pointless

Umm what?

Just click ok and it'll start patching...

The CD key is only EVER used when you create a new account or activate an expansion. The fact that it asks you for it every time you try and run the game is just some redundant piece of code that never got taken out of the client.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Roo Stercogburn said:
Laughed when I found out.

Had been downloading the SI client until silly o'clock in the morning. Logged on the gimp, checked I could still remember how to trip over my own staff, went to bed.

Got up, did a few chores, thought "Ah time to log on...bugger." :D

Which gives me the opportunity to mention a few things...

Being able to download client from GOA webby... good. However, because you need the CD Key to kick off the download its not really that convenient and ultimately pointless - you can't play without a valid license anyway. Further, if something causes the download to stop, you have to re-enter the CD Key. Perhaps not a major issue but something that could be improved. It smacks of unfinished software.

Also, and this is a biggy. A really biggy. Really. Big. Biggy. Big one.

PLEASE GOA. Make Licenses purchasable over the web. Go see how Eve Online does it and take notes.

Given its mercilessly hard to actually get a hold of *anything* to do with DAoC in the UK, this has got to be some kind of priority I would have thought. I remember Requiel mentioning some time ago that sales channels were being improved, this is definately one which we'd all like to see.

Especially myself after what I went through yesterday trying (and ultimately failing) to get a copy of ToA or just a CD Key since I already have it installed, just not activated for the Roo account (it was closed before ToA was released). Hence the fun and games downloading.

Has to be said though, its still a big improvement over what there used to be. Just needs nudged that little bit further :)

Sales, distribution and marketing is all in the process of being comprehensively reviewed and revamped. Currently, our contracts with distributors don't allow us to sell CD-keys ourselves as we'd be competing with our partners. Better ways to get product to gamers are being sorted out as we speak however. The downloadable clients are really for people who already have an account and just need the client to play on a new machine or after a format.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
[GOA]Erivoss said:
Umm what?

Just click ok and it'll start patching...

The CD key is only EVER used when you create a new account or activate an expansion. The fact that it asks you for it every time you try and run the game is just some redundant piece of code that never got taken out of the client.

yes but he wasent trying to patch it :) he was trying to download the game from your website :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Ctuchik said:
yes but he wasent trying to patch it :) he was trying to download the game from your website :p

the download is a copy of the normal patch installer - it runs using the normal patcher and goes through the normal CD key thing :) which you can just ignore and click "OK" on:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom