yes its me again

Bahumat

FH is my second home
i tell you i should have my own techinical section for the amount of problems i get!

ok, when i alt tab to vent, then a few seconds later i alt tab back (the time i change back could be 5 seconds or 5 minutes it dont matter) i get some funny lag

normally you alt tab into the game and you get about 1-2 seconds of slow laggy play then it sorts itself out....mine is slightly different.

When i go back into the game i get 100% lag where i cannot move, type anything, i can hear whats going on in the background (spells etc), then about 3 seconds after i move a little bit then it locks up again for a few more seconds. My home pc has always alt tabbed easily, i could alt tab between 2 games with little to no lag, the only thing different about my pc was an update in gfx drivers via Steams request for Half life2.

I realise some people will say "oh yeah its the gfx drivers" but what else could it be, i cant remember if it happend before the updgrade in drivers, also would a disk defrag or anything like that help?

Thanks in advance

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
i tell you i should have my own techinical section for the amount of problems i get!

ok, when i alt tab to vent, then a few seconds later i alt tab back (the time i change back could be 5 seconds or 5 minutes it dont matter) i get some funny lag

normally you alt tab into the game and you get about 1-2 seconds of slow laggy play then it sorts itself out....mine is slightly different.

When i go back into the game i get 100% lag where i cannot move, type anything, i can hear whats going on in the background (spells etc), then about 3 seconds after i move a little bit then it locks up again for a few more seconds. My home pc has always alt tabbed easily, i could alt tab between 2 games with little to no lag, the only thing different about my pc was an update in gfx drivers via Steams request for Half life2.

I realise some people will say "oh yeah its the gfx drivers" but what else could it be, i cant remember if it happend before the updgrade in drivers, also would a disk defrag or anything like that help?

Thanks in advance

are you using a dual core processor?

:m00:

Bahumat

FH is my second home
nope, i got a normal amd 2800 proccessor and my gfx card is nvidia 6800gt

Herjulf

Banned
Pass on the Steam update, goto http://www.nvidia.com and get the latest drivers there.
Also check your chipset drivers.
When you are at it also check what audio drivers you can update. if you are using onboard audio it might come with the chipset drivers.

Sounds like some driver issue.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Herjulf said:
Pass on the Steam update, goto http://www.nvidia.com and get the latest drivers there.
Also check your chipset drivers.
When you are at it also check what audio drivers you can update. if you are using onboard audio it might come with the chipset drivers.

Sounds like some driver issue.

sorry i was a bit vague there, when steam asks for drivers to be updated it takews me to the nvidia site, i will try what you said about chipset drivers etc

Herjulf

Banned
I had a similar issue once, then i got fps spikes every 5-10 seconds.

Then it was my gfx driver, i REMOVED (important) all traces of the old driver with the removal tool. (not uninstall, the removal tool at nvidia.com)
Rebooted and installed the new driver.

It was as if there was some problems with Direct-x triggering, the going to desktop and back again with the driver i had it might also have had some broken dll´s or smt.

Whatever it was, replacing the driver with a new worked for me that time.

I have also had "Turning through syrup" lag, "rubber band" lag all of the mantioned was driver related, i was using a omega driver at the time.
Also had crackling sound with a pop then crashing to desktop lag. caused by me having 2 soundcards Sb live player and sb awe 32 on pci slots next to eachother. on pci0+1. smt related to ACPI in bios, found the problem mentioned on the mainboard manufacturers customer forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom