Yes, all three servers are down

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
Should be back up lunchtime ish.

No it isn't clustering, we've brought all the servers down this morning as was posted on the webby yesterday!

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
You are all Counter-Strike addicts, I just know it.

Light

Loyal Freddie
Zenythe - anything happening with the xml? seriously i cant believe after almost 4 years this stuff still gets broken for weeks on end

mirieth!

Banned
having played on the mythic servers for over a week it becomes more and more evident how much of an absolute joke goa's service is. so glad i decided to come back to daoc on the mythic servers, not the goa ones.

Gamah

Banned
mirieth! said:
having played on the mythic servers for over a week it becomes more and more evident how much of an absolute joke goa's service is. so glad i decided to come back to daoc on the mythic servers, not the goa ones.

*yawns*

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
mirieth! said:

then stay there if you think it's soo good. now shush, bye bye

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Bellona said:
ingame CSRs is so win :clap:
The new servers over there will have great CSRs....for now, as most are also the devs, when they get bored, it will go back to normal.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
mirieth! said:

yes because the mythic servers never go down for scheduled maintenance and run on happy thoughts and fluffy clouds..

bit of an odd thing to whine about "OMG GOA TUK DUN SURVIRS AN DEY TOLD US ABOUT IT!"

I mean really.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Played US for a year, no different to GOA except when you report an error you have to wait in game for someone to contact you 3 hours later. At least with Rightnow I can send it and they'll get back to me via email.

Feel free to all sod off to US servers though, means all the artis will be free when I want to do them :-P

war elephant

Fledgling Freddie
What's going on with Prydwen? It's unplayable atm

You can see how this'd reflect game play I hope - 5 mins to log in, red ping every few seconds, then LD.

excpry.JPG

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Nothing wrong with Prydwen, I'm standing in Stygia Haven just fine atm, in the middle of a growing ML5 zerg. :)

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
It's impossible to tell from pings or traceroutes. Your best bet is to run a trace over time program like pingplotter which will give you an idea of the route taken to the server and the state of the connection at each hop. Then you'll be able to see where your lag is coming from.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
dude... a ping doesn't say anything about the status of either startpoint, or endpoint. all it says is that there's some problem SOMEWHERE along the route.

now if it were the prydwen server, everyone would suffer, now wouldn't they?

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
I tell you man!! they truely exist! them green men.. They work for the Gov'ment in high places aswell, as in prominent media companies screwing everything up! Chris rock knows it aswell, seeing by his quote in the Favorite Quotes thread!! I've managed to snag a picture of one of 'em.. ye can see it here. didn't wanna post it open and all, cos well, it might disturb some people!!

It's all true I tell ye! it is I promise ye! read my lips... erm.. hmm.. that's kinda hard over written text, but hey' you get the idea!

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel: Pingplotter isn't free, for extended use you need registration, and there are several free alternatives for it, and it is easy to code your own custom tool based on many open source software and release it for free.

war elephant

Fledgling Freddie
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
now if it were the prydwen server, everyone would suffer, now wouldn't they?

I just said it wasn't, did I not. The only reason that was my first guess is mainly because Excal is 100% fine for me, and well, history.

Extended testing shows this.

I get exponential packet loss starting on the second hop from my house inceasing all the way to Prydwen and ending at about 75% loss.

Its fine for Excal :D

There's one slight difference. At the second hop it goes to a different IP (.55 instead of .54 - the rest of the octlet is irrelevant) then the route is the same - and after that second hop the DP loss is insane.

So I guess whatever piece of kit that hop is , is knackered :D

Looks like NTL in Leeds/York is knackered.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:
It's impossible to tell from pings or traceroutes. Your best bet is to run a trace over time program like pingplotter which will give you an idea of the route taken to the server and the state of the connection at each hop. Then you'll be able to see where your lag is coming from.

any chance of an update on the xml issue???

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
Guys it's being looked at and worked on and no amount of asking us to check on it is going to make it go faster (actually it works the opposite we go ask they take time out to answer) we keep saying that when we know something we'll let you know.

And we WILL let you know because if we let you know then I don't have to answer the same question 30 times a day... hey I can hope!!

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Zenythe said:
Guys it's being looked at and worked on and no amount of asking us to check on it is going to make it go faster (actually it works the opposite we go ask they take time out to answer) we keep saying that when we know something we'll let you know.

And we WILL let you know because if we let you know then I don't have to answer the same question 30 times a day... hey I can hope!!

Any chance of an update on the xml issue? :m00:

nakkiel

Fledgling Freddie
Zenythe said:

:clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom