Yay! :)

Mofo8

Fledgling Freddie
The Rome Total War demo is out and I'm currently downloading it. I had to go to www.TotalWarcenter.com, pop into the forum, and there's a sticky post with a link to the demo. 162mb.... will be ready in 14 mins.... unfortunately I've got to go to work (for 12 hours) in 25 minutes :(

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Oooh, nice one. Let's see how badly this runs on my PC. :(

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Just played it. It's obvious from the demo, that this is going to be something special.

Doesn't run too badly either. My minimum spec machine (1.4 Ghz Athlon) runs it quite well, albeit with alot of the fancy features turned off, and with 800*600*16 resolution.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
have a 2.4 athalon which runs at like 1800 or something and i could play with everything pumped up to full. dosen't seem much more hardware intensive than M:TW imo.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
I got it running great with 1280x1080x32 res and all high settings.

Very pleasing. The game is good too! :D

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
dissapointed with the R:TW demo....

Dammit there wasnt enough! , this game looks thoroughly enjoyable even with just two battles. I hope theres a release date soonish , had enough for waiting for this and hl2

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Very impressed, just played it through on medium and kicked total rome arse, hope they havent diluted the game for those people wholl just buy it on the strength of the bbc show.

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
People have already been fiddling with it so you can play as the romans , should be able to find it if you search R:TW forums/

Mofo8

Fledgling Freddie
People have also modded it so you can play the tutorial battle as the Celts/Gauls versus the Senate and the other small bunch of Romans. They've evened up the experience levels.

I've played the Trebia battle several times now (as Carthaginians), and it just keeps getting better... can't wait for the full game. The fire arrows are cool, and the elephants are amazing when used properly.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Ah elephants, now theres a sight when you zoom in real close when a elephant flanks the roman ranks and they fly up in the air and rout in fear, just as the calvery charge out of the woods to crush the fleeing cowards.

Mofo8

Fledgling Freddie
There's a couple of mods now, which, when used together, allow you to play as the Roman Julii faction, the Gauls or Carthage, against all of the aforementioned plus the Roman Senate (basically all the sides included in anyway in the demo), pick you own units (including ones not used in the 2 demo battles - like Sacred Band Infantry and Spanish Infantry), on either of the 2 demo maps.... or a huge number of other ones they've somehow found in the code, at any time of the day and in any weather....... cool! Should keep me going till the end of the month.

Rodeo (main one you need)

Easymod (the one that allows Rodeo to access other battlefields)

Lists of working battle areas

Mofo8

Fledgling Freddie
Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh

Why the fuk do we have to wait until the 1st October to get out grubby mits on this game, when the yanks and others are getting it today or tomorrow?????

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom