dragon raid, funfun
140 ppl dead in under 30s ^^
a minute or two later, goa dies
rofl
:D
:clap:

O

old.Alliandre

so is that what caused it? <mutters> 140 people dieing in that space of time has got to do something

A

Alrindel

Same as last time, a router at Wanadoo's Bagnolet access point barfed. That is the at least the third time it has done that, that I know of. Very irritating but at least it comes straight back up.

S

SFXman

We neeeed something to remedy this "too many people so server crash" crap. Also a new engine so on the clientside we are not looking a stills.

G

granny

Originally posted by SFXman
We neeeed something to remedy this "too many people so server crash" crap. Also a new engine so on the clientside we are not looking a stills.

You mean an entirely new game? :p

S

SFXman

Originally posted by inqy
just ordered. NWN £26.99 from play.com :D
Oh crap you reminded me I have to copy it off a friend, *runs off to call friend*

S

SFXman

bah pirate! ;) :m00:
Not really, I want to test it first in-case I don't like it... but IF it requires a real version to play it on the net and such I will consider buying it.

I

inqy

usually I'd do the same, but all the news/reviews I've heard about this can't be wrong. This is one I'm willing to risk the cash on, up front.

S

SFXman

Last time I bought a game was Dark Age of Camelot. Before that LoD expansion pack for Diablo 2 and even before that Diablo 2 itself. I bought those D2 and LoD because I used to be a die-hard diablo games fan... pretty much a vet in D1 :)
Next game I will buy is likely Shrouded Isles.

I

inqy

heh I try lots of games. decide I want em and go out and buy/order em. then they sit on my shelf and gather dust. I've got so many new games to play still. (except they ain't new anymore :/ )

For example, Black & white, Alice, Ice Wind Dale (still in it's wrapping :/ ), Jedi Knight Outcast, AA: MOH. The list goes on and on...

Meanwhile I play DAOC & Q3 like they are the only games on earth. Hmmm...

I'll desperately try to play NWN for more than 5minutes hehe :)

S

SFXman

Hee... they say that NWN is a quite long game... but I still have to test it for free first. One thing that bothered me was that in a screenshot the inventory looked like it was from Diablo 1 or something :)
I used to buy all the games I played until I found an easier way to do so, cheaper... and now these days the price of a game gets me a lot of beer so...

G

Gef

just ordered. NWN £26.99 from play.com :D

You crazy fool, I got a pir8 copy :rolleyes: (shh) just wanted to see what it was like. Cant play it online so if I had of liked it I would have bought it anyway. But TBH it sucks ass, I played it for about 2 days, did 3 zones from the first part (dont know how far this was through the game) but it was soooo samey. Just repeating the same pattern over and over, constantly spending 5 mins battering a crate to bits in the hope of finally getting some decent items only to find 1gp. Fights are dull, far too many pointless sub-quests that gain you nothing but a wasted 30 mins.

It may be better online, but I cant see how it can veer from that formula ... just glad I didnt buy it. Well its deleted now and I really cant see what all the hype was about.

S

SFXman

Gef having that great avatar and all... I can say that this is exactly why I would like to test it first although I loved the Baldur's Gate games so maybe I would like this game too... if it is likle Dungeon Siege it will get boring fast but if it is very like Baldur's Gate it might last some while...

G

Gef

If you liked Planescape: Torment (Baldurs Gate with less action more talk) then you will probably like this. I was never really a fan of either TBH, I got carpal tunnel syndrome worse than trying to reach GM blacksmith in UO.

S

SFXman

Don't like Planetscape: Torment.... I like less talk and more action (but good action not just click and kill).

G

Gef

Then you will probably get frustrated with NWN very quickly.

S

Shamarinor

Yeah in NWN There is lots and lots of reading to do, i couldn't be bothered with it. It may be ok online, but single player i got annoyed after 20 mins. It has a very complex control system which is nice if thats what you are after, but if it's fast action you want, then i wouldn't bother.

C

Cohannyn

I've been waiting for NWN since 1998 (when I first heard about it), and I have NOT been disappointed by what I've seen so far. I've played pen and paper roleplaying-games since I was 10 years old.. that's 17 years ago now, and this product (NWN) is a dream come through.

First of all, NWN is not something you buy to play "single"-player; it's a TOOL. NWN was not created with Diablo-players or MMORPG-players in mind, it's something that was done to "port" Pen & Paper roleplayers to computers.

The Aurora toolset will help dungeon masters across to world to create campaigns and adventures for their players and then play them out on the computer instead of at the dinner-table.

If you buy NWN thinking that you will only play the single-player campaign you might get disappointed, but if you buy it to do what the designers had in mind when making the game, you will be ecstatic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom