Yawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

old.mouth

stop moaning about this buggy pile of unpatched crap SWG beta starts on july 15th so many wont be playing soon after

S

SFXman

Originally posted by mouth
stop moaning about this buggy pile of unpatched crap SWG beta starts on july 15th so many wont be playing soon after
Who really gives a crap if SWG is coming around? Buggy?? I haven't experienced more than ONE bug after 1.45 (falling though Camelot's floor).
Imo many will still be playing because they are not as easily put off as you.

O

old.Zepra

Re: Re: Yawn

Originally posted by SFXman

Who really gives a crap if SWG is coming around?

I do :eek:
That game is gonna rock

S

Seyrcim

Hehe, so you think you will actually start playing swg beta at the 15th ? Not very likely, the chances of being one in the first go ain't exactly high.

C

cleeve

Heh

Blind faith that a game is gonna rock based on interviews/previews and screenshots.

I hope it is good. I hope u all enjoy playing it - if only so that this forum isnt spammed with countless why havent you patched the server yet goa threads.

I have no problems with you complaining - what pisses me off is that you all create your own thread to do it - meaning that I have to trawl through countless badly written, badly phrased and frankly, badly argued disatribes to find some decent discussion.

By all means keep complaining - but I doubt you will get a response - because anything they do won't be enough for you. The phrase only happy when they're moaning comes to mind

Revor

O

old.Gorthol

looks great but waaaay to open lands, is there like one tree per every 10000 square miles?

A

Aeiedil

WHAT NO TREES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ahem ;)

S

Seyrcim

heh, maybe do some closer looking ;) check the swamps f.ex. and really, that area was from naboo (or what it's called) at least there were such open fields there ;)

K

Keri

You won't catch me playing SWG .. it's such a little boys' game. :p

S

SFXman

Eh, I think I blurted out that "who gives a crap" out of my own opinions due to mouth's absolutely idiotic post. This game is not exactly crap, I doubt many can just go play it ont he 15th.

O

old.stroke

Maybe games like UO and EQ now are qualitty games because they've had time to mature and all the whiners and easily put off people have now left them for AO and Daoc?
And when SWG and shadowbane they will leave for them and AO and Daoc will be better games?
We can only hope.

C

Cohannyn

Getting tiresome

How come the MMORPG-community is such a bandwagon jumping community that doesn't stick to a product? I've never seen as much whining, complaining and "the next game is going to be soooo good".

I played AO for about 7 months and had a blast.. an absolute blast. All I kept hearing from community was "this sucks, wait until DAoC comes."

Now all I'm hearing is "DAoC sucks, waint until SWG comes."

This is so full of crap! Some people will never be happy, and get off on telling everyone else how superior their opinion is and that if they say game x is utter crap, then that's a fact. Same goes for the fanboys. You keep defending "your" game no matter what, even if your arguments are as shallow as the crappers.

Sure.. SWG looks very tempting, and I will most likely try it on for size. In my opinion, yes, it looks more appealing to me than DAoC. BUT DO YOU CARE!? Of course not..

Do I feel that DAoC Europe is a huge disaster? Yes.. DO YOU CARE WHAT I THINK!? Of course not.

So.. use the boards to discuss interesting stuff instead of arguing if the game is good or not. Talk about what's going on in-game, ask for quest-help, do what the hell you think fits.. but please please please.. the whining is getting pretty damn annoying.. from both "sides" (both fanboys and hateboys).

O

old.Spug

Hmmm, if mouth's gonna be playing SWG, maybe I'll hold off on it for a bit...

S

SFXman

mouth sure has a nick that fits his description.
But anway... I must agree that sticking to a game pays off. I played UO for three years, still have the account. Played Diablo 1 since it came out till D2 came out and sticked to D2 for some while aswell (ok ok they are not quite MMORPGs but anyhoo)... three years of UO taught me that thigns can change a lot over time so I am still giving GOA time :)

O

old.dittytwo

SWG SWG SWG WINGE WINGE

ok so SWG is coming out
then just piss off and go and play it and leave the people that want to play DAoC in peace
(/annoyed_person=off)

O

old.mouth

lol if my post was so shite
1 why read it
2 why reply to it

if u think DAoC is bug free think again

i played UO till GM
EQ 2 lvl 60s

no real probs with said games but this pile of uncomplete boring repetitive shite aint getting no more of my cash if your not gunna play SWG coz im playing it GOOD JOB stick with the losers game that is DAoC

O

old.Spug

you got to GM in UO? really? a whole 15 minutes worth of game time... I'm impressed...

K

Keri

lol if my post was so shite
1 why read it
2 why reply to it

if u think DAoC is bug free think again

i played UO till GM
EQ 2 lvl 60s

no real probs with said games but this pile of uncomplete boring repetitive shite aint getting no more of my cash if your not gunna play SWG coz im playing it GOOD JOB stick with the losers game that is DAoC

Then just GO AWAY and leave those of us who happen to enjoy playing DAoC in peace. :p

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Originally posted by Aeiedil
WHAT NO TREES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ahem ;)

nothing to hug anymore :)

O

old.mouth

Then just GO AWAY and leave those of us who happen to enjoy playing DAoC in peac

why do people copy and paste u think others couldnt read my post or summit?

O

old.yaruar

It's always interesting taht people slag off a game so much and cmplain all the time that it is boring and crap and yet they still play it for hours on end..

LOL who is the loser there?

O

old.Hendrick

I believe games like DAoC are to be played over a longer amount of time than a weeks. I now am at 700+ weaponcraft, lvl 31 and have a few low lvl alts. And I just don't like the idea of going to another game, learning all the basics again, spending loads of time and as soon as I get to know the game switch to the next super-duper-new game. Honest Hendrick is going to last for a few months, my guild is going to last for a few months (I hope) and my fun with the game is going to last for a few months at last. Not because the graphics are cool or the action is great, but because the people are. If I want a good looking game with no bugs, I grab my GameCube or Xbox or even play regular single-player game on the PC. They all look way better than DAoC, but that's not the point. The point is interaction, people, uilding a community, having fun with each other etc.

That's what I think is important for a game like this, and that's why I like DAoC. I don't care about patches or certain bugs, cause it's the people that make the game interesting, and not the monster-bashing.

F

Flimgoblin

Well said Hendrick, got it in one.

Me I'm tempted by the look of SWG - it's a Star Wars thing - I saw Return of the Jedi at age 4 so I'm kinda brainwashed into going 'ooh droids' and 'oooh stormtroopers'

Will I sod off and play it? probably not - not got the time. I have 3 half-played games sitting on my computer desk that I really enjoyed playing... now I'm on DAoC I've not loaded them up once.

I'm taking my time getting up the levels - not rushing, not demanding high levels 'powerlevel' me (what a waste of time - even if your demands were accepted).
I've crafted to 460 skill - I'm going to do more when I hit a lull in xping (maybe level 30 I'll try and hit 650 - want some nice Jambiya's or some such).

If it really is the next best thing - go play it. No need to bother us with it - everyone's heard of it unless they've been living in a cave. I might go play it I might not - I ain't gonna post a whine here if I do.

PS. Ello Cohannyn :) nice to see you on the boards.
Gives me a fuzzy feeling when I meet people in game that I've talked to on the boards (or vice versa)

K

Keri

Then just GO AWAY and leave those of us who happen to enjoy playing DAoC in peac

why do people copy and paste u think others couldnt read my post or summit?

Ummm .. I didn't copy/paste, but why did you? I use Quote. :p

O

old.mouth

o yer spug u can macro in less than 12 mins to GM in UO

S

SFXman

Don't need macros to GM in very little time.
Lock this thread, mouth has the most well-thought posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom