XPing and defending our realm

C

Chenuba

So we pay again. Lost our power relic once more.
I will suggest we start to XP a lot more in our frontiers instead of Lyonesse.
Lyonesse = 25 min trip to Castle Sauvage and relic lost.
Frontiers = Instant detection and interception of invaders.

WAKE UP ALBION. BE SMART(er) AND START TO XP MORE IN OUR FRONTIERS.

W

-Wedge-

Well, its more an attitude problem...

I was in DF XP'ing in a group, heard the relic was under attack (a bit late, but still)... I disbanded the group I was in and ran into shredders, within 5 mins I was at sauvage and running towards HW...

But the group I was in was 'discussing' if they should go or not... I think all 40+ should bind in Cotswold or Ludlow... This lowers response time by a lot...

K

Kagato.

I bind at ludlow all the time with my main, never shift bind point no matter where im exping.

Instant horse to sauvage (where you can get a horse anywhere from) and if you have to go to snowdonia just hop over the hill and get a horse at Humberton where there is also a healer.

As for exping in the Frontier, not going to happen with all the mids camping excalibur road all the time, really, I havent stepped foot outside sauvage once in the past few weeks without seeing a few middies hiding in the trees just nw of the front of sauvage. Great fun going out to kill those whilst waiting for the next port :D

M

Miffo

Our frontier is a great place to EXP in but with all the mids etc its pretty hard too

But i think u can always try as u dont see mids giving up in uppland... they get ganked every day

And also is salute the lvl 50s who now guard to crab camp been there twice now to find u guys standing with the exp grp

M

Miffo

And about Lyonnesse i think its a really lame place.... Way out of the way but its pretty much where u can exp....

Trees is boring as fook and tbh id rather solo then do them

I know some good places to exp in pennine/snow going to try get some exp grps gonig there and see what people think

O

old.Wildfire

I like the idea, don't fancy doing trees again, and lets face it if you get ganked by hibs/mids you dont lose anything but a bit of time...

D

-Dreama-

But what if I don't WANT to stop xping and go defend the relic? (oh god forbid!!!) Isn't it my choice what I want to do with my game time? I'm really getting very tired of everyone saying it's *your* responsibility to defend your realm from the evil invaders. Well, actually, there's more things to do in this game than take keeps and RvR and defend relics. I certainly don't condem anyone for doing nothing but RvR and scouting the relic keeps ect...I don't expect to be condemed for wanting to XP or craft or item hunt in stead.

J

Jiggs

in many ways its fair comment dreama, however RvR is kind of what DAoC is 'supposed' to be all about.

I mean you may as well play EQ if PvE is your cup of chai :p

Or another way its like having a sports car but you never drive it on the race track, only the motorway...

O

old.Second

Originally posted by Jiggs
in many ways its fair comment dreama, however RvR is kind of what DAoC is 'supposed' to be all about.

I mean you may as well play EQ if PvE is your cup of chai :p

Or another way its like having a sports car but you never drive it on the race track, only the motorway...

well i rather get to lvl 50 and then RVR than to sit at excal at lvl 40 =)

F

Flimgoblin

it's all down to personal preference and priorities...

I'm bound at prydwen bridge (not hugely keen on losing xp to get back to defend... but sometimes a sacrifice is needed...) but I can fully understand people that really don't fancy going to defend their relic at that particular point in time.

You've had a shite day, you want some nice relaxing PvE and maybe a bub or two of xp... you don't want to run all the way to HW just to get ganked by a stealther/mob for no gain...

Or you're all fired up, ready to defend and fancy running to Excalibur to slaughter some hibbies at the gates...

We should have those that are dedicated try to xp in the frontier - there are some nice xp spots out there, but it is risky... and getting a group to go out there is a pain... in Lyonesse it'll take no time to get a group together - as everyone is there. You can be waiting around for hours if you're desperate for a tree/tangler group but if you form your own it can be quick..

Go to snowdonia and click 'looking for group' - you won't see jack.

Not to mention the 'ellyl surprise' you occasionally get...

S

Spyf

Originally posted by Fingoniel
it's all down to personal preference and priorities...

I'm bound at prydwen bridge (not hugely keen on losing xp to get back to defend... but sometimes a sacrifice is needed...) but I can fully understand people that really don't fancy going to defend their relic at that particular point in time.

You've had a shite day, you want some nice relaxing PvE and maybe a bub or two of xp... you don't want to run all the way to HW just to get ganked by a stealther/mob for no gain...

Or you're all fired up, ready to defend and fancy running to Excalibur to slaughter some hibbies at the gates...

We should have those that are dedicated try to xp in the frontier - there are some nice xp spots out there, but it is risky... and getting a group to go out there is a pain... in Lyonesse it'll take no time to get a group together - as everyone is there. You can be waiting around for hours if you're desperate for a tree/tangler group but if you form your own it can be quick..

Go to snowdonia and click 'looking for group' - you won't see jack.

Not to mention the 'ellyl surprise' you occasionally get...

Well spoken

S

statix

lol @ "Not to mention the 'ellyl surprise' you occasionally get... "

I remember the first time I saw that , I was Screaming Shanagians as I slamed my mouse of the tabletop ,
" WTF did you see that ? !!, they cant do that ! etc etc .
:)

Ahh the good old days , when you found something new and exciting everyday :) , mind you I still seem to find a new
massive hammer stuck in my back these days aswell so
yeeh me ....... ( wait a minute.. )

O

old.Zeikerd

I actualy hate Lyonesse, it's no fun anymore. To make the game more fun I promised myself to xp some more in Peninne and Snowdownia. I'm a Cabalist, so I can solo pretty easy now, and when I find people there I want to have fun, not only the xp grind.

D

Danya

Stay in Lyonesse, you know you want to. Tell you what, don't even bother to repair the doors, we'll make sure the relics are ok for you... :D

S

starblade

however RvR is kind of what DAoC is 'supposed' to be all about.

First a comment on this, the DAoC world was designed for both PvE and RvR players, with a small balance shift to RvR. I like this game in PvE and am looking so forward to returning next month (RL still has priority over any game :p).

RvR can be fun yes, but I don't have a monster PC (yet) so heavy wall fights and relic raids/defenses are slideshows ... thus making my presence there not a really helpfull one and I've mostly kept to defense and rezzing.

As for XPing in Lyonesse ... its still the 'chaining' disease. Almost anything outside that place gives better xp but it's still the place to find high lvl players (you know ... plvl to 22 ... take 1 ticket direction of Lyonesse, start at dunters, don't come out till 50 :p )
Though I have to admit I just like normal gobbo's to experiment on and get stuff I can salvage for fletching and armorcraft.

Snodonia and Pennines are wonderfull and fun places to play if you dont mind becoming troll floor mat once in a while. DM is also a fun place to be once you pass the first giants. And if you really want RvR action, just bind at Ludlow (as said in above posts) and suicide.

Albion and its frontiers have many things to offer to the ones taking the time to wander around in search of new mobs, areas, ... At my glorious 'no tangler / tree for 46.9 lvls' :p, it still keeps me going out in search for things I have not seen or done before ... it's my fun part of this game but I guess everyone has his/her own opinion on that last part :)

O

old.Zeikerd

When I'm online, I'll be playing in Snowdonia and Pennine, with maybe a small trip to Hardrians for fun. I'm soloing Tegs and some other stuff like Rock Bounders, Cyclopses, Ravenclaw Giants and whatever that wanders there.

Btw, those Tegs are so confused when I nearsight them :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom