XP Service Pack 2

omfg, ever since installing this whenever i port it crashes me... is anyone else having the same probs or can recommend a fix? im thinking about removing SP2 im that pissed off with it, ive changed nothing about my setup so ive ruled out ANYTHING but SP2 atm.. any ideas? i can post the Error message if it helps any of you boffins out there.

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Error msg would help.

but what i'd say it is , well it's could be 1 of a few things but likely lads are.

Video card drivers, or Direct X , jsut a reinstall should fix that.

but give the error and let us sift through the crap

Herjulf

Banned
SP2 is fine, it more likely the fluff that get installed with it that, bends you over and takes you in the a**.

the Xp firewall is my first guess.

That together with you having a really cheap Network card. Some computers with SP2 and Netgear NIC´s for example get problems. same problem i get with my netgear Gigabit cards without sp2. network card simply dies. and i must reboot comp. a simple inactivate and activate wont work.

Inactivate the firewall if u already have some sort of protection (a,b,c network) or are firewalled as it is.

This would most likely cause LD´s when you teleport, especially on ports between toa <-> mainland, SI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom