XP ratio

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
I was thinking the other day, why did mythic make the Xp per kill so high. For instance why 65,000,000 per kill on some mobs when it could show 650 and still have the same amount of level progression.

in other words make leveling still the same just show the XP in a more sensible manner.

A small point i know, just wondered why Mythic did it so high.

:m00:

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Because at level 1 you get around 5xp per kill. Mobs need to be worth increasingly large amounts of XP at higher levels otherwise there'd be no point in fighting high con mobs when you could wipe out camps of greens for the same reward.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
I was thinking the other day, why did mythic make the Xp per kill so high. For instance why 65,000,000 per kill on some mobs when it could show 650 and still have the same amount of level progression.

in other words make leveling still the same just show the XP in a more sensible manner.

A small point i know, just wondered why Mythic did it so high.

Because i'm assuming its alot more effort to code in lower amounts of exp tht mean different %'s of a level. So 600 xp on a level 9 might be 0.25 whilst on a level 49 it might be 0.01. That will require coding.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
You need to kill squillions of mobs to ding after level 45. If the XP was presented in terms of tens of thousands, rather than millions / billions, you'd end up getting 0.1 xp for a kill. Nothing wrong with that ofc, all ends up the same. But its far more satisfying to me personally to get a message saying you've just earned 156,000,000 XP after a 2 minute slog-fest with a red con, rather than 0.83 xp !

Its swings and roundabouts.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
Because at level 1 you get around 5xp per kill. Mobs need to be worth increasingly large amounts of XP at higher levels otherwise there'd be no point in fighting high con mobs when you could wipe out camps of greens for the same reward.

misunderstood :) higher mobs give higher xp, thats ok and right. just that why do they have to give so much xp, could mythic for instance of decresed the xp per level and decease the xp per monster, but still have the same level progression.

e.g. level 40 - 41 is say at present 300,000,000,000 xp

at an average yellow mob gives 100,000,000 xp per kill

why cant level 40 - 41 be 300,000 xp

and an average yellow mob give 100 xp

the level progression is still the same as before the xp is still the same as before apart from the values.

Was just thinking would 100 xp per kill make more sense to a player than 100,000,000 per kill

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
scorge said:
misunderstood :) higher mobs give higher xp, thats ok and right. just that why do they have to give so much xp, could mythic for instance of decresed the xp per level and decease the xp per monster, but still have the same level progression.

e.g. level 40 - 41 is say at present 300,000,000,000 xp

at an average yellow mob gives 100,000,000 xp per kill

why cant level 40 - 41 be 300,000 xp

and an average yellow mob give 100 xp

the level progression is still the same as before the xp is still the same as before apart from the values.

Was just thinking would 100 xp per kill make more sense to a player than 100,000,000 per kill

Because if your level 40 mob gives 100 xp, that has to be a reward that matches it's level. So a level 39 mob should give less and so on. If your high level mobs are worth a low amount of xp then your low level mobs would have to be worth a microscopic amount of xp to compensate. You could get around it by having the game convert an arbitrary xp award into a reward that was balanced for character level and monster level but it would be hard to explain to players why all mobs appeared to be worth the same no matter what con they were and it would also be difficult for players to compare rewards between different monsters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom