XP killing in the frontier

Effendor

Fledgling Freddie
Is it just an alb thing , to wait for a 5 or 6 man group consisting of mostly greens and greys , to wait for them to pull a load of level 60 mobs .... and proceed to gank them . I ask because most of the Mid groups that do it have the decency to wait for us to kill the mobs first . I'm refering of course to the Hibernian frontier .

Jugvayne

Can't get enough of FH
*Yawn* This has been said a billion times before, you xp in frontier, you run the risk of being xp killed, and every realm does it, not just alb.

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
I think that was me, and are you referring to Fins :D

were you the running Sylvan Druid?

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
I tried to own a small group of hibs XPing on my lawn the other day (one of the Wraith spots in Odins) I totally had them... but then they realised I was attacked and beat the snot out of me, I would have gotten away with it too if only their bard had been AFK !! :D

But as its already been said, Frontier/DF XP is always open to the risk of being attacked by enemy realmers, and if your lvl35+ you show up as Yellow to a lvl50 anyway.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:
No you dont :p

You sure? I swear I remember seeing somthing in some patch notes waaaay back about non-50's conning yellow to enemy realm members to stop people targetting them first.

In any case I have a vested interest in my opinion now so i'm going to have to hate you :p

Aybabtu

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:
No you dont :p

Yes you do, tho only on members from an enemy realm.....

Anyway, can't count the times i've been attacked by Mids and even the odd Hibs while killing Ellyll's - then again it's a part of the game which i actually enjoy :)

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Hey effendor - post back i wanna know if it was you i killed earlier :p

Marczje

Fledgling Freddie
Annoying yes..

But like 4 hibs in epic thought, lets kill that sm with his grey leech in dodens..

Too bad they had effects off orso, and didn't see my moc.. poor hibs :mad:

they came back 5 or 6 times after that tho, too bad they didnt box around me that good nymore :D

Celery

Loyal Freddie
I've caught Hibs xping in the frontier many times and will usually attack even if I'm solo. If that results in a few xp deaths, then so be it :D

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah, I remember being killed over and over again by minstrels and scouts when I was exping at uppland crabs :(

besides, a solo lev 50 can create havoc in a exp group if they are fighting mobs, even though all would be lvl 50.

Read: solo(buffed) lvl 50 thane wiped out a fg albs in DF :p

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
i find zephr is a great way of xpkilling hibs

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
if your are in frontier zone then you are fair game.. grey- purple.. dont matter.. thats the risk u take for the extra xp.

Wabbit

Fledgling Freddie
I felt great when I got 1 or 2 kills and Saadyst spammed /rude at me after that...was my first kill in RvR in like months....

Saraden

Loyal Freddie
When i am hunting for xping hibs i am usually solo. So when i meet 3-8 hibs conning Yellow to me (no matter if you are actually green), I will attack whenever suits me best ;) whic is after pull (no mezz braking mobs, possibly some are ooe or low hp), or middle of the pull. tbh 6 con green hibs can take me down 5 secs

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Effendor said:
Is it just an alb thing , to wait for a 5 or 6 man group consisting of mostly greens and greys , to wait for them to pull a load of level 60 mobs .... and proceed to gank them . I ask because most of the Mid groups that do it have the decency to wait for us to kill the mobs first . I'm refering of course to the Hibernian frontier .

Yes it's just an alb thing. Like zerging, adding, stealthzerging, camping amgs, camping pks, and any other random act that requires a scapegoat to justify the spitting out of a dummy :rolleyes:

PS Here's yours back... /hand spat dummy

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
I wait till mobs have been pulled, if its 1 against 8 i'm going to want every advantage I can get. As for XP deaths? Good, thats just all the more time your not in Emain handing my ass back to me after you tear it off and kick it a new hole.

Honestly, the way some people go on you'd think there was some kind of 'unspoken' agreement to stay away from people XPing or somthing.

Effendor

Fledgling Freddie
If you'd killed me ...

Level 50 Eld , you would probably have seen a dozen messages effendor kills ............... before you saw one saying blah kills Effendor :p

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Aybabtu said:
Yes you do, tho only on members from an enemy realm.....

Anyway, can't count the times i've been attacked by Mids and even the odd Hibs while killing Ellyll's - then again it's a part of the game which i actually enjoy :)

I was wandering and found those little critters last night, was great xp for my bot, a bit far for me to walk though ;)

And no albs for me to play with.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Some days ago we killed the same 4 peops xping at fins 4 times... harsh, but hey, if you don`t want that, stay out of rvr area.

I feel sorry if that upset any of you, but hey, rvr area is fair game.

And half of the time i don`t know what i am nuking into oblivion with pbaoe untill after the fight and I see I <cough> accidentally <cough> killed something that doesn`t con yellow, harsh, sorry, life.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Moo said:
i find zephr is a great way of xpkilling hibs

zephyr the main healer/buffer into aggro and hope it dies before its released from it :D

Akyma

Fledgling Freddie
U get more XP in rvr zones, if u want lvled on rv zones try dont use normal zones...
btw when mobs add in rvr figth is funny^^
I pull a lot of times mobs when all group dead:
-emain, levian camp. 2 fgs hibs come (1 fg random tank group and guild pba group) half group dead, some sitt, i run and start pull purple levians, go to box and pbs insta dead, well all dead ;p
-DF hib take DF, hib zerg inc, all no guys in group dead, i run with some pet following me, huge zerg mob kill me, all mobs folow pets, i check bb acount, all dead ;pp
-emain, DC grogan camp, a lot of albs, in half batle some stealter adds and start hit me, i run in to grogans... one mincer follow and i insta stun and run out, he stop and see the mobs, take a pet and...(LOOOOOL) all mobs hit the mincer, one cleric insta heal, all mobs kill cleric, and start kill seers (nice assist train). :m00: tnx all mobs, my group won^^

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Akyma said:
U get more XP in rvr zones, if u want lvled on rv zones try dont use normal zones...
btw when mobs add in rvr figth is funny^^
I pull a lot of times mobs when all group dead:
-emain, levian camp. 2 fgs hibs come (1 fg random tank group and guild pba group) half group dead, some sitt, i run and start pull purple levians, go to box and pbs insta dead, well all dead ;p
-DF hib take DF, hib zerg inc, all no guys in group dead, i run with some pet following me, huge zerg mob kill me, all mobs folow pets, i check bb acount, all dead ;pp
-emain, DC grogan camp, a lot of albs, in half batle some stealter adds and start hit me, i run in to grogans... one mincer follow and i insta stun and run out, he stop and see the mobs, take a pet and...(LOOOOOL) all mobs hit the mincer, one cleric insta heal, all mobs kill cleric, and start kill seers (nice assist train). :m00: tnx all mobs, my group won^^
What he said.

Or wait a min. What DID he say???

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Effendor said:
Level 50 Eld , you would probably have seen a dozen messages effendor kills ............... before you saw one saying blah kills Effendor :p
Ahh. I'll make a note of that.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
i get a warm tingly feeling when i exp kill a savage, infil, BD or necro

Gasoline

Fledgling Freddie
I kill hibbies PLing their pals all the time in their frontier...I let 'em finish the pull though. Might be cos they sit down, making it far easier to kill em I spose...
:flame:
And it's great fun toying with a high lvl pharming group :) the occasional /wave or /hug gets 'em running around PBAOEing all of their power away...slower XP = less chance i get killed by them in Emain or something :touch:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom