XP and fps

O

old.Kurginator

I just been reading an article in a magazine about windows xp being limited 2 60fps in open gl + 75 in directx. I have been experiencing problems with this as I have my monitor set 2 85Hz yet I can only get 65fps.

My pc specs r Athlon 1500xp+, 512ddr, Geforce 4 4400 128ddr, it doesn't matter what resolution I run it is always stuck on 65fps as my system can easily handle it and more.

There is a link at this website http://www.xp-refresh.net 2 a site that says can fix the problem but I find it doesn't work any1 got any solutions?

S

S-Gray

I guess (Learned from Ch3ts) that if you disable V-Sync in OpenGL Properties, you get more than 60fps

P

puma-fs

4-5 months ago - I saw solutions to this problem on counter-strike.net forums where lots of people complained about low fps in Windows XP. The solution was some little proggy that could unlock fps but you will have to search above forums to find it.

W

Will

THe problem is that XP had issues with the refresh rate, so when v-sync is enabled, that's your cap on your fps. It would keep resetting to default values. I use Ati myself, so I don't have the program, but any major 3d site should have it. NVtweak or something, I'm not really sure.

U

Ulysses777

That's Nvidia Refresh Rate Fix, but you need to make all the settings for each resolution manually (and NVRRF requires you to know what refresh rates your monitor can handle at each resolution...). Also, it wont work on the newer Detonators.

Use RivaTuner instead, it has a single fix for all resolutions and Desktop/DirectX/OpenGL refresh rates. It works with all Detonators too. Get it at http://www.guru3d.com/rivatuner/ :)

S

S-Gray

Originally posted by ItchyTrigaFinga
THe problem is that XP had issues with the refresh rate, so when v-sync is enabled, that's your cap on your fps. It would keep resetting to default values. I use Ati myself, so I don't have the program, but any major 3d site should have it. NVtweak or something, I'm not really sure.

Hmm, i once seen something called NVQTweak Or NVQTwk in one of my Folders relating to mt Graphics..

W

Wilier

Im assuming your talking about the XP refresh rate being fixed at 65hz?

If so, check this

article by our very own Embattle.

T

throdgrain

Thats right xp has refresh rates set to 60. You can force the rateto anything you like using Powerstrip though, I tried it , it does work .

C

Ch3tan

Originally posted by Ulysses777
That's Nvidia Refresh Rate Fix, but you need to make all the settings for each resolution manually (and NVRRF requires you to know what refresh rates your monitor can handle at each resolution...). Also, it wont work on the newer Detonators.

Use RivaTuner instead, it has a single fix for all resolutions and Desktop/DirectX/OpenGL refresh rates. It works with all Detonators too. Get it at http://www.guru3d.com/rivatuner/ :)
Nvrefresh can set your refresh rates to their highest safe value for your monitor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom