Xml

Rustane

Fledgling Freddie
What are they doing to the xml ?
It havent been updated in a few weeks .. and now i get an error on my home-developed stats webpage .. something about a ">" in the lastweek rp field :p

wth ?

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
As far as I can tell the XML stopped on 23rd May at 8:50 pm (last update for Covenant of Zak anyway) and stayed off until a couple of days ago. Everything seems fine now though via my own scripts on the Zak website.

Exactly what problems are you getting?

Derv

Rustane

Fledgling Freddie
Its a numeric field .. so non numeric stuff isnt allowed in there .. ill see what char im getting later when i get home from work. :p

Its when listing guilds in my alliance and their lastweek rp it happens.

Probably no biggie.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Rustane said:
Its when listing guilds in my alliance and their lastweek rp it happens.
Hmm, I have a similar script to list alliance guilds with total RP's and last week RP's, no probs here. Maybe the XML hamster got his toes caught in the wheel for your alliance? :p

The only recent additions to the XML that I have seen is the "as" field that now appears in the guild section which I presume indicates the home server of the guild or alliance? I don't use it so haven't seen how it varies from guild to guild.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
It's updated, but it's also bugged again:

Code:
17:48 -Frip(~tomkins@Frip.users.quakenet.org)- [Excalibur] Biggins DontLeachPlease <Celtic Fist>: L50 Ranger, Shar Raven Ardent - RR5L3, RPs: 656,085 (0 LWRP), required for RR5L4: 685,850 (29,765 to go), required for RR6L0: 1,010,625 (354,540 to go), Server Rank: 1,826 (3,186 last week rp), Class Rank: 52 (109 last week rp)
17:48 -Frip(~tomkins@Frip.users.quakenet.org)- [Prydwen] Biggins DontLeachPlease <Servants of the Lake>: L50 Ranger, Shar Raven Ardent - RR5L3, RPs: 656,085 (0 LWRP), required for RR5L4: 685,850 (29,765 to go), required for RR6L0: 1,010,625 (354,540 to go), Server Rank: 1,169 (1,893 last week rp), Class Rank: 36 (52 last week rp)

Basically guilds with the same guild ID on both servers (Servants of the Lake is 10 on Prydwen, Celtic Fist is 10 on Excalibur) are having characters dumped into both servers XML files. I haven't recruited a Shar Ranger into an Alb guild, honestly! :(

Also:

Code:
name="Biggins DontLeachPlease (Prydwen)"

Why didn't GOA put the server in another XML attribute instead of putting the server name in brackets for a character? The XML structure was quite nice before this (not perfect, but good enough), now anyone who wants to parse a character will have to strip out the server name first.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
GReaper said:
Basically guilds with the same guild ID on both servers (Servants of the Lake is 10 on Prydwen, Celtic Fist is 10 on Excalibur) are having characters dumped into both servers XML files. I haven't recruited a Shar Ranger into an Alb guild, honestly! :(

Also:

Code:
name="Biggins DontLeachPlease (Prydwen)"

Why didn't GOA put the server in another XML attribute instead of putting the server name in brackets for a character? The XML structure was quite nice before this (not perfect, but good enough), now anyone who wants to parse a character will have to strip out the server name first.
We have a Zakker (Excal guild) who created an Alb pryd mule or two and invited them to Zak and they ONLY show up in the Pryd version of our guild (Ruby Knights - dead guild apparently) and not in Zak at all. Go figure.

I doubt very much if the choice to put home server in brackets was GOA's but regardless it should have been a new attribute for sure.

What caught me out last year was when our first member reached level 50 as a heretic. The level 50 class title as many of you will know is Arawn's Own - guess how much aggro that little apostrophe caused? ;) Parsing the incoming XML and escaping such characters is easy enough but fancy putting an apostrohe in a class title. I suppose we shouldn't be surprised about XML abuse in general I guess.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Hasn't work for a week for me anyway :(
But probably yes.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
The XML haven't been stable the last year or so now.

Don't count on GoA providing any XML feed. Personally I have written that off at all.

They seems not to be proficient enough to make it work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom