Xml

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
Why is it that GOA dont have the same level of details in their stats from the servers as they do in the US of A? From what I've seen the majority of the playerbase are on EU servers now and we still have nothing close to the Herald's level of detail and information.

For those not knowing what I talk about - feast your eyes on what US have had for 2+ years.

http://guilds.camelotherald.com/realms/index.php?server=Lancelot

http://www.camelotherald.com/chardisplay.php?s=Iseult&c=452500

Aint we worth the same on the other side of the pond?

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
GOA cant even kep there simplyfied one up & running ,, let alone the one that goes as indepth as mythics

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
Marcus75 said:
Why is it that GOA dont have the same level of details in their stats from the servers as they do in the US of A? From what I've seen the majority of the playerbase are on EU servers now and we still have nothing close to the Herald's level of detail and information.

For those not knowing what I talk about - feast your eyes on what US have had for 2+ years.

http://guilds.camelotherald.com/realms/index.php?server=Lancelot

http://www.camelotherald.com/chardisplay.php?s=Iseult&c=452500

Aint we worth the same on the other side of the pond?

would indeed be a wet dream seeing this come true, afraid goa aint got such leet scriptkidies as mythic :[

Tilda

You realise most of mythics chronicles have been out of date or not working right for about a month now right?

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Bahumat said:
They have a team allocated to this, goa dont.

"Hi, what's your Job?"
"Uhh... I make sure I tell the world when a person levels to 50!"

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
You realise most of mythics chronicles have been out of date or not working right for about a month now right?

No I dont since I dont feel the need to be up-to-date with servers I dont play on - that dosnt matter one bit tho since its still alot better than GOA even if the share the same downtime (but I doubt that).

Why defend GOA? I'd like you to find a single player that wouldnt wanna know why we gotta settle for a service less good than those in the US because that is a fact, plain and simple.

The question to any official person stands.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
It boils down to this, Mythic have more overheads and staff and are now operating with less subscribers that GOA and yet they provide a far superior service when it comes to stat pages. GOA never really seem to have got to grips with the whole thing and the amount of time the cronicles have been down over the last 2 years has been absolutly diabolical. The need to improve, they need to hire someone who has a clue about making these kind of pages.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
cHodAX said:
It boils down to this, Mythic have more overheads and staff and are now operating with less subscribers that GOA and yet they provide a far superior service when it comes to stat pages. GOA never really seem to have got to grips with the whole thing and the amount of time the cronicles have been down over the last 2 years has been absolutly diabolical. The need to improve, they need to hire someone who has a clue about making these kind of pages.

You taking account of how GOA pay mythic a licence fee, which subsidises Mythic, and costs GOA money, when you work out how much more Mythic does ?

Darzil

raid

Can't get enough of FH
Tilda said:

uhh a whole month during a few years? :( compared to goa? heheh

Light

Loyal Freddie
raid said:
uhh a whole month during a few years? :( compared to goa? heheh

be fair - goa have had the chronicles working for atleast a month in the last 4+ years :p

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Yet another whine about something that doesnt do anything - its info you get when you log-in anyways...... do you really need to know who has what keep when you are at work????

Granted the char stats thing is ok but tbh I could live without it - don't feel the need to have my e-peen stroked by having stats displayed for everyone to read which otherwise serve no real purpose.

You forget how quick we got the last patch - now that to me was important and I couldnt knock GOA on that tbh...

I am not ass kissing here, I am just trying to point out that in the big scheme of things if thats all ya have to moan about then it is not all that bad really now is it..

fenrisan

One of Freddy's beloved
As always it's vote with your feet, if you don't like the service - go play US.

I personally would love to get all the stats that Mythic provide, but GOA simply provide hosting and translation of the game, anything else is a nice to have. We're on the same patch, which is superb and I'm sure GOA will be trying thier hardest to get the xml working.

At the end of the day I'm a Thane, 1.82 rocks :)

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
Sure its info you can get ingame but I like statistics and always have - I couldnt care less if someone else sees it since Im hardly a RvR hardcore - it adds to the game simple as that.

As for "Go play US" its not like its _that_ important since I played EU long before I even knew this exsisted on the Herald and I dont feel like starting over and leveling.

I just want someone from GOA to respond to this since they have dodged my questions to their support.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
It could be nice if both Mythic and GOA listened to some of the playerbase who use their XML. Both are incompatible, which defeats one of the major points of XML!

Both of them could do with an overhaul or tweaking to add in the features which players need.

Sye

Fledgling Freddie
Marcus75 said:
Why defend GOA? I'd like you to find a single player that wouldnt wanna know why we gotta settle for a service less good than those in the US because that is a fact, plain and simple.

The question to any official person stands.

What sort of bs statement is that. I didnt know you pay your subscriptions for a stats page on the web?!?!? It's an added extra that GOA provide not a service that you pay for. So its up to GOA how they wish to present the data, if your not satisfied then basically its tuff luck.

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
Sye said:
What sort of bs statement is that. I didnt know you pay your subscriptions for a stats page on the web?!?!? It's an added extra that GOA provide not a service that you pay for. So its up to GOA how they wish to present the data, if your not satisfied then basically its tuff luck.

BS statement? You dont know what we pay for to GOA and where the money goes, neither do I so instead of just accepting everything like you seem to do I would like answers to my questions because I do think I pay for that.

How often has the XML even worked? But thats okay too according to you? They talked way back about upgrading it but it was only graphics....yean thats the important things with statistics - the was they are presented in nice colours and with flashy effects?!?!

Feel free to swallow anything people tell you or just accept how it is at every turn but dont force others down that path.

Sye

Fledgling Freddie
If you read the subscription details when you first sign up for the game you would know what your money is for

Your subscription enables you to obtain an account (' Player Account ') for which you will be given personal identifiers (login and password to access DAOC, and login / password to manage your subscription) and entitles you to access DAOC functions permanently and as many times as you wish throughout the duration of your subscription, within the limits of the capacities of the servers on which DAOC operates (approximately 3500 players simultaneously per server).
Access to DAOC is guaranteed permanently, subject to maintenance and upkeep periods, operations to update servers and possible exceptional interruptions.
Once your Player Account is open, its use remains strictly personal (unless you have given authorisation to your underage child), and you are held fully and personally responsible, in particular regarding the duration of use of DAOC.

No where does it mention anything about subscriptions paying for the website therefore GOA have the right to display data the way they see fit.

Customers do not pay for the 'Roll of Honour'

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
Sye said:

LOL...of course we do - where else do you think the money comes from?

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
The version of DAoC that we are running in Europe is a different version to the one that Mythic are running in the US and supports different outputs for XML and the like. Thus it is not currently possible for us to offer the same information as Mythic do with their own Herald.

Regarding downtime after each patch, when Mythic develop a patch they also work to integrate their XML alongside the changes in the patch. We (of course) do similar work alongside our version testing however our XML will not work after a patch until Mythic have developed a separate XML patch for us. This cannot be developed until our version is stable and so has to be applied after the patch is live.

Marcus75 said:
How often has the XML even worked? But thats okay too according to you? They talked way back about upgrading it but it was only graphics....yean thats the important things with statistics - the was they are presented in nice colours and with flashy effects?!?!
Well if by 'graphics' improvements you mean search functionality for characters, guilds and houselots, the ability to see at a click where all the free housing lots are by zone or by realm/server and expanded functionality for the 'most active' league tables then you are using the term in a very different way to how I understand it.

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
The version of DAoC that we are running in Europe is a different version to the one that Mythic are running in the US and supports different outputs for XML and the like. Thus it is not currently possible for us to offer the same information as Mythic do with their own Herald.

That's an answer I can understand even if I dont like it.

Requiel said:
Well if by 'graphics' improvements you mean search functionality for characters, guilds and houselots, the ability to see at a click where all the free housing lots are by zone or by realm/server and expanded functionality for the 'most active' league tables then you are using the term in a very different way to how I understand it.

Sure some things was changed but ask yourself what people would like to see the most - detailed house lot info or detailed RvR info - this game greatest advantage is the PvP/RvR compared to the competition.

Regardless, I got the answer needed and cant really argue about it any more - I hope you guys will get the detailed RvR info in before the game dies completly but sadly I doubt it.

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
For almost a month? *gasps*

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
Sye said:
If you read the subscription details when you first sign up for the game you would know what your money is for

No where does it mention anything about subscriptions paying for the website therefore GOA have the right to display data the way they see fit.

Damn companies like GOA must love gullable people like you, who are willing to put up with crap service. Look around you, any other MMO offers an extensive support/web/forum setup, far greater than the GOA setup. We don't even have an official web forum, we have to put up with scraps that are thrown our way on FH. We rely on the goodwill of people like Requiel to keep us informed, so I don't think its unfair for the DAoC player base to expect a better stats service from GOA.

Sye

Fledgling Freddie
Not about being gullable at all. It's £8 at the end of the day, woppee doo, as long as the servers are up and i can play the game, then my money is not being wasted.

Trying to please 20,000+ people is not an easy thing to do, the XML GOA uses is viewed by all of europe (in their own language ofc).

You say how great other MMO games are and their service is far superior to GOA's, yet your still playing (i presume) DAOC on an GOA server, so they must be doing something right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom