Not open for further replies.

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
I heard it is really hard to get working XML after a DAOC patch

but only if you are a French programmer

yes this is a whine thread

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
We use it where i work, hardest part is extracting the data into XML format, I guess its just not a priority for GoA to test/fix after a patch

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Just accept the fact that GoA does not have a XML service.

Once that is accepted, we can move on.

I suggest our first move thereafter is, to ask GoA to make a XML service like the Americans have it. It would be a really cool feature to have, allowing fansites to retrieve all kinds of information and in general contributing to the community in a positive way.

Really, who is up for asking GoA to implement a way to retrieve character data in some exchangable format. Forinstance XML?

I am in!

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:
Just accept the fact that GoA does not have a XML service.

Once that is accepted, we can move on.

I suggest our first move thereafter is, to ask GoA to make a XML service like the Americans have it. It would be a really cool feature to have, allowing fansites to retrieve all kinds of information and in general contributing to the community in a positive way.

Really, who is up for asking GoA to implement a way to retrieve character data in some exchangable format. Forinstance XML?

I am in!

TBH send it as a sodding CSV if they have to :)

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah Tears, I don't really care what interchangable format they use. Would just be cool if they someday implemented that kind of service.

Imagine if some fan could make a page where characters were ranked by class or how many RP they had? Or were you could see who was in what guild, etc.

Really, that would be suchs a cool feature. I wonder why no MMO have thought of doing it before. I mean, it would really be outstanding!

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:
Yeah Tears, I don't really care what interchangable format they use. Would just be cool if they someday implemented that kind of service.

Imagine if some fan could make a page where characters were ranked by class or how many RP they had? Or were you could see who was in what guild, etc.

Really, that would be suchs a cool feature. I wonder why no MMO have thought of doing it before. I mean, it would really be outstanding!

Hey thats a neat idea, maybe then people would be inspired to play later, harder, more often to get in the top 20.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Or perhaps people would compete to be the best to something in particular? And discuss on the forums how things went? And .... oh, perhaps have a community over it?

Perhaps have noticed some guy that earned alot of RP and next time you see him in game think: "Gosh! Perhaps I should ask him how he does!". Oh no, all the community this could lead to! Oh my!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom