Xml files and roll of honour

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
GOA site said:
Dark Age of Camelot's Roll of Honour is being updated.
You will soon be able to access again the realm war maps, the rankings, and the guilds and player information.

This was put up, now a long time ago, stating that it would be updated again soon, however it hasn't been. Has there been an official statement as to why it's not working and what time scale GOA are working on, because several months really isn't "soon" where I come from.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Nausilus^^ said:
This was put up, now a long time ago, stating that it would be updated again soon, however it hasn't been. Has there been an official statement as to why it's not working and what time scale GOA are working on, because several months really isn't "soon" where I come from.
Think the prydwen crash took just that little more of a priority, dont you?

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Nausilus^^ said:

which do you think is more important to them atm , Fixing the mess with all the pryd players , then the Clustering of Pryd and excal , or the Xml and player rankings ?

They did this before ,it was done for 6 months at one stage.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Think fixing the xml stuff is a part of clustering or smth, and yes loads still haven't got their equip back so * that.

grimreaper

Fledgling Freddie
Two wrong's dont make a right. At this rate they won't get anything fixed. About time they had the resources in place to fix these problems in a timely manner. XML should have been fixed way before the database problems.

ANY company that relies on a database, and can't maintain its integrity, is badly run and managed.

Monday will see the two week anniversary of one of my main characters stripped.

12 days downtime, 12 days loss of character, months of no xml, does not inspire confidence....

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Our guild isnt even listed on the XML since we formed at the start of August, so its been a while and I know my co-gm is eager to get the stats pulled into the website.

But glad to see they have priorities right and resolving prydwen first :)

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:

Yes because GoA only has one team to do everything, god forbid that there is a seperate team that looks at web development and XML.

:m00:

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
Yes because GoA only has one team to do everything, god forbid that there is a seperate team that looks at web development and XML.

:m00:

DAOC Home Page said:
[12-09-2005] Getting Prydwen back on it's feet

Our customer support teams are working hard to replace all the missing items reported over the past week. This is a huge job and we have diverted all our resources to dealing with it however it will take a few more days to complete. We thank you for your patience while we work through this list. In the meantime, the underpopulated realm bonuses which are in effect on Prydwen will stay in place until the servers are ready for clustering. We will be able to announce more news regarding this soon.

No other comment :)

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
the xml has been broken many weeks before the prydwen crash/database thingy though...

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
I suspect we'll just have to be patient. An hilarious comment coming from me I know ;)

It iritates me immensely not being able to use the XML, but I haven't lost anything on Hib/Pryd so I mustn't grumble :)

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Some of you really seem to be missing the point here. I wasn't trying to compare prydwen downtime with the xml-files and evaluate which is more important. Of course getting items back on prydwen is more important than fixing xml files, I was merely asking GM's for a statement about what timescale they are working on, when they say that it will be working again soon, and there has infact been months since they've been working properly.
As far as I see it, the broken xml-files is just another sign of the many flaws by GOA in the history of them running DAoC servers.

grimreaper said:
XML should have been fixed way before the database problems.
I couldn't agree more.. which is more or less my point here.

Tears, it's all very good that you can point out that they are devoting all spare resources to solving the missing items problem on Prydwen. However if you read all the other things they've posted, they also stated that it was only a certain core of GM's and highly trained people who had the ability to master the tools needed in order to restore the items, so I hardly think that ALL other departements stand still in the item crisis.

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Nausilus^^ said:
.. so I hardly think that ALL other departements stand still in the item crisis.
What makes you think all other departments are tech savvy and capable of fixing the XML?

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
old.Whoodoo said:

Yes. Prydwen > XML. But theres no point in saying it in a negative way like that. He has every right on earth the ask, since the XML has been down since GOA patched servers to 1.75.

1.75 went live 11/07/05
Prydwen went down 24/08/05

So they had almost 1½ month to sort XML, which is imo not soon as stated in the orignal news, quoted by thread starter. Its usually working within a few days of patch - and for that thumbs up.
But XML not working for over two months now is just a big joke. The minium GOA could have done was posted a news explaning *cough* their incompetentness *cough* the progress.

Martok

Part of the furniture
cemi0 said:
Yes. Prydwen > XML. But theres no point in saying it in a negative way like that. He has every right on earth the ask, since the XML has been down since GOA patched servers to 1.75.

1.75 went live 11/07/05

So they had almost 1½ month to sort XML, which is imo not soon as stated in the orignal news, quoted by thread starter. Its usually working within a few days of patch - and for that thumbs up.
But XML not working for over two months now is just a big joke. The minium GOA could have done was posted a news explaning *cough* their incompetentness *cough* the progress.

mythic had the same problem when they patched to 1.75 and was fixxed with the release of 1.76 and since we will be patching to 1.78 1 patch behind usa again once pry is sorted out and cluster has occured im not worried. Mythic fixxed the problem by releasing update to the game so goa will do the same but have other things atm be patient come pry 100% again we will see cluster followed by 1.78 patching.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
cemi0 said:

1.75 went live 11/07/05

Not wanting to futher any negativity, but GOA have put their resources all towars the repairs on Pryd, as an excal player you may not appreciate this as some would, as their official statement has already said. The comments they made about the XML came right on top of the pryd crash, bad timing yes, and yes I too agree the XML should have been fixed long before, but consider the race GOA have to deal with getting out the patches and the expansion of Catacombs, preparation of clustering, preparing the next 2 patches.

We are just never happy, we want patches now, but also want ones that work, we want XML now, but we also want the patches yesterday, we want to keep up with the US, but we want out stuff back, we want to know the meaning of life, the universe and everything, but also want to know what 42 was all about, seems we all want a lot and are never quite happy with what we have....

Right now GOA are working all they can fixing the pryd probs, taking 5 mins out to scan FH for the next whine, means the creation of another thread entitled "I aint got my stuff yet, ive waited 5 mins too long!", chicken and the egg isnt it.

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
old.Whoodoo said:
Not wanting to futher any negativity, but GOA have put their resources all towars the repairs on Pryd, as an excal player you may not appreciate this as some would, as their official statement has already said. The comments they made about the XML came right on top of the pryd crash, bad timing yes, and yes I too agree the XML should have been fixed long before, but consider the race GOA have to deal with getting out the patches and the expansion of Catacombs, preparation of clustering, preparing the next 2 patches.

We are just never happy, we want patches now, but also want ones that work, we want XML now, but we also want the patches yesterday, we want to keep up with the US, but we want out stuff back, we want to know the meaning of life, the universe and everything, but also want to know what 42 was all about, seems we all want a lot and are never quite happy with what we have....

Right now GOA are working all they can fixing the pryd probs, taking 5 mins out to scan FH for the next whine, means the creation of another thread entitled "I aint got my stuff yet, ive waited 5 mins too long!", chicken and the egg isnt it.

You missed the point again.. nobody was trying to put pryd recovering and xml-files together, wanting them to fix both at the same time.. actually that would be nice, but that wasn't the purpose of this thread, so don't get your panties in a twist.

I know GOA are working hard to replace all items that were lost, but as many people already pointed out, they had a long time to fix the xml files, or even just update us on why they were still not working.

They've been busy, yes, but then perhaps they shouldn't write that they would soon be available again, and more something like roll of honour "will not be working again anytime this year"...

Don't bring in the argument that pryd is down and that has top priority, because we're all well aware of that.. I play pryd myself, and was also a "victim" of the server crash, so please, just keep that to yourself in this discussion.

In the end, is it too much to expect that what we pay to play and the services they put up for us to use, work as they should?

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Martok said:
mythic had the same problem when they patched to 1.75 and was fixxed with the release of 1.76 and since we will be patching to 1.78 1 patch behind usa again once pry is sorted out and cluster has occured im not worried. Mythic fixxed the problem by releasing update to the game so goa will do the same but have other things atm be patient come pry 100% again we will see cluster followed by 1.78 patching.

dam ppl still dont read what was said before. only read what the first poster says and then whine along.

Martok said that mythic had the same problem whit XML as we do now.
so it says it isnt GoAs fault it sint working.

Light

Loyal Freddie
goa have always been drastically unprepared for problems leading to very slow times fixing anything and lack massively when it comes to feeding back any detailed information in appropriate timescales

goa suk and always have and nothing anyone can say will change my pov which is based on far too many experiences with them to bother going into...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom