xmas shopping is driving me insane

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
good god surely there is nothing worse than people doing christmas shopping? (though a mob of rabid DAoC fans may come close) every single thing about it bugs me, from the proud parents who thought it would be a brilliant idea to bring their entire brood of screaming babies into the city (including a double pram) to the checkout/pressie wrapper person who's so fuxored with dealing with xmas shite all day long that she's one step away from murder. I'm also miffed with myself for catching the chrimbo feaver (off some wailing brat no doubt) and feeling slightly panic stricken because there's only three days left oh dear god :(

my girlfriend, bless her, has thoughtfully chickened out of organizing the food fest declaring that she can't deal with working out what to wear, me getting underfoot and going out to get stuff done without having a wee nervous breakdown. the fact that I am allowed to have the breakdown is perfectly acceptable naturally, just as long as I get everything done before the nice men in white lab-coats come to take me away away.

now I have to do the dishes. someone shoot me please.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
here's my usual christmas plan that seems to work ok for me ...

at the start of november consider what presents you will buy for each of your loved ones and work out how much you need to spend.

whilst doing this organise which family member you will be having xmas lunch with.

when there is only about 2 hours left to get the presents bought hit the the shops with avengance (baring in mind you know what you want and where to get it from).

you should actually find that most of the shops are empty and goods are being slashed in price to get them out the door and dont forget some wrapping paper

last but not least get home and wrap the pressies up then sit back and congratulate yourself on a job well done with the minimum of hassle

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
You see how I don't start a new thread about this. Different year, same shopping wank fuck bollocks!! :eek:

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Just don't bother, it's all overhyped commercial bollocks anyway. :)

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
I follow a similar routine JBP but with a lot of nagging from the relatives...

But i feel the way Callous does ... its all a load of bollocks really. Its just a relgious festival that we have come to accept as part of our life. I like Christmas in that it makes a lot of people happy but its fucking annoying to get reminded about it 2 months in advance...

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Internet shopping for the win!
I ernt even looked in a shop yet, and i've nearly done all mine.

djpringle

Pork Smuggler
Trem said:
You see how I don't start a new thread about this. Different year, same shopping wank fuck bollocks!! :eek:

Nice thread recycling :) , luckily for me my Chrimbo shopping is almost complete and I will only have to face the hordes to get cards and a bit more wrapping paper. Thank god.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
I just can't believe it's nearly Christmas again already. I've wasted yet another year of my life.

Oh well.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Can we just ban any talk of Christmas until 18/12/04 ffs?

JBP|

Part of the furniture
well this years location for christmas dinner is allready sorted :clap:

pressies are currently under investigation :drink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom