xmas gifts = pain sometimes

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
hi all. i'd have a lame technical problem, which seems to overskill me..

the thing is that there is my old computer in my bedroom, which has 2 network controllers, one of them i connect the internet cable to it, and the 2nd one ive connected my laptop to the pc with utp cable.
the goal would be to have internet on both the comps. the main comp has it, its np, but the laptop doesnt seem to work through my pc. i have windows xp pro installed on both computers, and i can achieve 2 things if i spend some time setting up the network..:
-i set up a home network via the wizard, and the 2 comps see each other.(no net connection option tho)
-using the same wizard prog, theres an option to tell him that i want to connect to the internet through another computer, i set that on the laptop, and set the other "connect to the internet, and allow comps to use the net via this comp", both ask for a restart, i reboot... it seems to work, but if i try to access the internet from the laptop he says its unable, no network on, and when i look arozund(dos-> netsat, or explore on my computer, than network etc), they dont seem to see each other.. :(

any ideas what have i been doing wrong?

thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom