XCOM - The Bureau

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah, the combination of tech/death/hardcore of xcom, but shooty/stealthy bits as combat sounds really interesting.

Ofcourse helps that i'm bonkers over xcom :p

Hell i even liked apoocalypse.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
i demand coop :(

c47799e7f5b2d4f.jpg

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Looks good, but the console interface will be horrible for PC play. Hope they make it different for PC.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Looks good, but the console interface will be horrible for PC play. Hope they make it different for PC.

Depends completely on the budget. Might seem trivial but second platform interface is a big workload, which ofcourse means money.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Depends completely on the budget. Might seem trivial but second platform interface is a big workload, which ofcourse means money.

Played a few console ports on PC (Darksiders, Two Worlds) and never really get into them. Hated the overly simple interfaces so that for me would be a big minus. Crossing fingers that they make a proper PC version with better models etc. Otherwise might as well play it on the Xbox.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Nice bonus stuff on pre-order tiers on steam.

Almost 90% done on tier 2, tier 1 was extra bonus mission or some such, tier 2 is spec ops the line, tier 3 is all the xcom games of all time. Also 10% off on pre-order.

Waiting to see if it hits tie 3 because that's some good value, with xcom collection alone being 60 on steam at the moment.

Ends at 23rd of august.

Tilda

I got it on preorder on steam, looks really exciting!

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
It looks a mashup between Gears of War & Mass Effect combat with some XCom cosmetics on top. I doubt it'll be spectacular or terrible but just ... "meh"

However that tier 3 steam bonus is possibly worth the price alone :p

Tilda

I thought it looked pretty exciting tbh. Although yes, when Steam hits the tier 3, getting all the xcom games won't be bad!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah i was going to buy it anyway no matter what, so getting extra goodies like this is just mh mh mh. Also i can probably pawn the extra xcom copy to a friend for 15€ or such.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The tiers are now complete. Though after thinking about it; i got the old xcom collection somewhere, that has all the important games on it and i got the new xcom already.

Only reason to pop that in is to get the bureau and maybe sell off that extra xcom and ofcourse have the old ones on steam. Not really that rich at the moment though, so i might have to pass this.

Great deal, but you do need that extra cash at hand.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Tempted because of the DLC addons to Xcom. But still thinking meh shooter. Fingers crossed I'm dead wrong.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
If it's a shooter with tactical elements "borrowed" from dragons age it might actually work. Atleast it's going to be interesting how they handle permadeath with a seeming main character.

Though it desperately needs to have a good customisation thing, best part about xcom always has been the bond with your characters.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
"An added bit of environmental flavor is the decontamination room that separates the two sides of the base. In order to pass through, you have to wait for several seconds to be cleared to exit," <-- that's a very subjectional "problem", as well as the story problems. Wouldn't bother me and i like talkingto every NPC i see before ehading out, not just go from mission to mission like a headless chicken.

What they said about gameplay;

"Though the lack of depth in the XCOM backstory is a little disappointing, the gameplay is a different matter entirely. The tactical squad-based shooter mechanics deliver where the narrative fails to do so. If you've ever wondered what it would be like to play an XCOM mission from the perspective of a soldier on the ground, The Bureau provides that."

Sounds really good ;)

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Campaign completed with 75% of achievements took 11.2h, could have gotted more without any added game time if i had read what was needed....

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Found the game somewhat repetitive, not very engaging, nor any other positive word that ends with -ing. Very weak FPS characteristics in my opinion. Good effort playing it through though, Fafnir.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Yeah and the "decisions" you make later in game is not enough to replay game due to the 1 save.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom