Xbox Live issues anyone?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
For the past few days/weeks now I've not been able to get on to xbox live from the dashboard on my 360. When it tries I just get an hourglass equivalent on the main screen and it just waits there (spinning dots around an xbox icon). The only way to get out of this and get the dashboard to actually do anything is sign out. Then if I start a game, any game, it tells me that I've signed in to xbox live. If I go back to the dashboard, same spinning dots until I sign out.

Anyone know what the heck this is about and how I sort it?

Also while you're at it, my copy of Mass Effect is getting a dirty disc error every now and then - had it since about 5 days ago and it went straight from the (selophane wrapped) box to the xbox. As far as I know, no other games do it, but then I rarely play any other games in as long stints as I do with this one.

Any help appreciated, I know some of you have had issues with your xboxes and I have a feeling I'm just waiting for the day mine does the red ring of death - hopefully it'll be while it's still in warranty.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
This is well known about xbox live is pretty much down, and has been since xmas. MS claim there's only intermittent issues, but that's just spin.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Ah ok. Bugger. Was hoping it was something I could get my system replaced/repaired over, the thing sounds like a fucking hoover and it's really starting to piss me off :\.

Opt1

Fledgling Freddie
The issues are intermittent, but only very rarely.

It gets better after midnight on COD4..

The Xbox website on the support section has a status meter that's been saying people "may be experiencing difficulty" for a while - but pretty much everyone is.

Its MS profiteering, taking on too many new subscribers without investing in capacity for the holiday period methinks.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
yeah i hear lots of people having problems inc me

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Not true, wasn't working properly on COD4 tonight..

Indeed. Bought the game today and during the afternoon it was working fine, then towards evening and since then its been fooked. Usually halts at matchmaking, if i do get to play i always get kicked off after the game etc, it also takes a looong while to even retrieve my settings/profile for multiplayer. Live overal seems slugish, if i press Friends f.ex. it takes upwards of a minute before the list appears and so on. Very irritating, but i guess i cant complain yet, first day its been really bad for me in a year. Just hope they fix it soon, plan is to play alot this weekend :eek:

Aada

Part of the furniture
Is one of the reasons i got a PS3 actually really fed up with LIVE lately friends list takes a while to come up/i get the hour glass thing for a miniute or so once ive switched my console on while its trying to connect to LIVE.

I've found its towards the end of the day usually when the yanks start coming on ;/

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Is one of the reasons i got a PS3 actually really fed up with LIVE lately friends list takes a while to come up/i get the hour glass thing for a miniute or so once ive switched my console on while its trying to connect to LIVE.

I've found its towards the end of the day usually when the yanks start coming on ;/

excuses, excuses, excuses. Just admit you made a mistake or 14, by buying your ps3 ;)

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Microsoft has just announced that we're getting a free arcade title because of this.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Everyone or just gold subscribers?

Everyone cept you Nath because Bill said you are crap at sucking the cock. Personally I thought you were ok, dribbled alot so it was a tad sloppy but you still took the load like a good'un so fair play to you.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Everyone or just gold subscribers?

Why would they give silver a free game? not as if you could actually use any of the LIVE features if you were able to sign in anyway.

GOLD only imo!

Clown

Part of the furniture
$5m is a bit much, but why not try and get compensation for it? We paid for a Live subscription, so we should get the service.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Just claim you got one and a subscription for Christmas so because its not working it ruined your Christmas what just would not give you a few grand for that :)

Opt1

Fledgling Freddie
Why would they give silver a free game? not as if you could actually use any of the LIVE features if you were able to sign in anyway.

GOLD only imo!

They're giving it to Silver as well, as I heard.

It makes sense as in theory they'd like to appeal to any Gold Members who may have canceled their subscription as a result of the bad service.

You're also able to download a lot of stuff as Silver - presumably this service was impacted also.

.. So giving it to Silver makes plenty of sense. Gold probably deserve more, but Silver deserve something.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Still not solved at any rate - Live is absolutely shit at the moment :(

nath

Fledgling Freddie

GOLD only imo!
Why not? Silver subs were affected by the fuckup too albeit not to as great an extent. And the only Live feature I can't use is multiplayer which quite frankly is fucking atrocious anyway.

edit: what Opt1 said - my xbox just did nothing every time I switched it on - stuck on a log on screen until I signed out of live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom