Xbox - HDTV

Dubbs

Fledgling Freddie
Guys, I've been very busy!
I've upgraded the xbox to executer 2.3 lite plus, evox m7 bios, evox dash with xbmp, etc., bought a plasma and the high-def av pack.
Dolby digital is now coming out of my amp and dvds being streamed via relax on my pc upstairs down to xbmp are fantastic!
Thing is I'm not getting hdtv as pal xboxes don't support as standard.

How can I get this sorted? Shame to have all this only to be limited by something this ridiculous!!!!

Thanks in advance for your help gents...

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Download some software to switch your xbox to ntsc mode. The one you want is enigma videomode select - or something to that effect. Once you've done that, go to the MS xbox dashboard and select the highest HDTV mode that your plasma is compatible with. Then you should be able to enjoy your gorgeously lush hi def xbox. You sunnuvabitch. :D

edit: Priv me with your e-mail if you have problems finding the software.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Someone care to explain why HDTV is so amazing?

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
1024x720 resolution i think. You can get retail dvds that show at that and also some games have HDTV support

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Heh well the Two Towers 4 dvd set on a.b.dvd is HDTV :)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think it's retail is it.. doesn't it come from a hdtv pay per view thing?

And HDTV can go a lot higher than 1024x768. It looks gorgeous.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
HDTV is more than georgeouse, some one posted pics from an american footy game on HDTV and normal tv transmission and the diff in quality is spectacular.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
1920x1080i, 1280x720p, 720x480p are the HDTV resolutions supported by the XBox.
Normal pal is 720x576i and NTSC is 720x480i.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Do you have a TV that supports it? If so, I've no idea - probably www.lik-sang.com they tend to have things like that. However, if you want to plug the xbox in to your PC monitor to get the high def (something which I've tried and it is fandabbiedoosie) you need a xbox vga adapter - also probably available from liksang.

So yeah. Lik sang. Probably.

Horrorwood

Fledgling Freddie
nath said:
Do you have a TV that supports it? If so, I've no idea - probably www.lik-sang.com they tend to have things like that. However, if you want to plug the xbox in to your PC monitor to get the high def (something which I've tried and it is fandabbiedoosie) you need a xbox vga adapter - also probably available from liksang.

So yeah. Lik sang. Probably.

Thanks I got charged import tax from there last time.... so anywhere else?

And i do have a hdtv compatiable LCD tv so.....

EDIT: they have a european office now :) thanks :worthy:

Dubbs

Fledgling Freddie
I got mine from whitedog.co.uk

Been waylaid so haven't had a chance to change the mode yet!!!

Will keep you posted.....

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
Surely there are only a small handfull of games that have been designed for HDTV and they tend to me pretty obscure and crappy titles. I have a High Definition TV and a HD connector from the xbox with the HD enabled. There is no noticeable improvement on graphics quality of most games and thats to be expected since they were not designed for HD.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
erm ys there is, 480p does look better than normal mode, and for the 720p modes there are a few titles like tony hawkes. as for 1080i i think theres only dragons lair. i mainly play ninja gaiden and b03, both look better on hidef modes.

also read on some forums that the latest build of xmc plays hi def movies preety good.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Yaka said:
as for 1080i i think theres only dragons lair.

Don't forget Enter The Matrix.

Oh wait on second thoughts, really really do :|

Yaka

Part of the furniture
only on know how yer meant to upscale dvd films to 1080i on xbmc? i have read the manual done everything it says but its still stuck at 480p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom