XBox Driving Game

Will

/bin/su
Suggest a driving game for my XBox...I don't have any at all at the moment. :)

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Am not a huge fan of driving games, but i really did enjoy Burnout 3.

Clown

Part of the furniture
Burnout 3, I guess. I have it for the PS2, but I haven't opened it yet :)
Can't be arsed playing games these days. It's been unopened since last year :p

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
PGR2, Burnout 3 and Forza Motorsport when it comes out.

Will

/bin/su
Is Need For Speed Underground 2 any good?

PGR2 looks good, if only for the course in Edinburgh. :)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
pgr2, is good and burnout 3 is well ace. sega GT online is good but has little preseance.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
yea, pgr2 is a lovely game :) im not a huge fan of NFSU

Tenko

Fledgling Freddie
online pgr2 is the king of all car games at least until forza comes out, burnout 3 is very arcadey and exceptional fun in single player but EA have fucked it up online which is a damned shame.

Still even as an xbox fan boy i'd maybe suggest buying a ps2 and GT4 as well. ;)

leggy

Probably Scottish
Burnout 3 is fantastic if a little unfair.

PGR2 is great. Princess street for winnage. I would be tempted towards pgr2 (having both). In terms of general quality and the price you can get it now.

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
PGR2 for realism and its great SP and on live.
Burnout is great and arcadey, music rocks too but I only like it SP.

I would say get both but PGR2 first.

Forza motorsport, I played the demo and hate it? The graphics arent as good as PGR2 or Burnout 3 and I came off at the first corner, cant seem to control the car.. :eek:

Yaka

Part of the furniture
forogt to add outrun2 aint bad an all.

you might be abel to play gran tourismo 1 and 2 via a playstation emu

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Another vote for PGR2 - very very good game, not as realistic or as involved as Gran Turismo but far more than Burnout - it's a good balance.

Any of the Burnout games are great arcadey fun - they'd fit a coinop machine perfectly.

NFSU2 is a heck of a lot of fun too. Tbh I'd get them all in the order I've listed them here.

Oh and Kevin, I'm with you - thought the forza demo was absolute pants. I would hope that they get it better for the full game, but I placed similar hopes on Juiced. :\

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
KevinUK said:
Forza motorsport, I played the demo and hate it? The graphics arent as good as PGR2 or Burnout 3 and I came off at the first corner, cant seem to control the car.. :eek:

Yep alot of people hated that demo, Forza has been given a complete overhaul, for once a company has listened to its customers, and done the right thing.

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
I have seen a few videos of Forza and it does look fun. Maybe I'll rent it or something as the demo just gives me bad memories ;)

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
I vote for PGR2, especially for the downloadable content......Nurburgring r0x0rs

My only real gripe is the views, it really needs a bonnet cam, so you can see the bonnet kinda thing.....nose cams are wank since you cant see the sides of the car.

TBH though, buy GTR for the PC........blows all console driving games away for sheer realism.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, if you want to suffer with that bloody starforce crap.

It's what's stopped it being pirated (online at least) but ironically it's stopped me from buying it too. Any other protection and I'd quite happily part with my cash, but I'm not letting a game install some corporate virus that requires I uninstall any cd copying software I have.

Oh and bumper view > *

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Xbox racing game? TBH I'd stick with a DC and MSR over any Xbox racing game. That game still exceeds most racers (except GT4).

nath

Fledgling Freddie
PGR 2 is far better than MSR. Infact, if you really like MSR you'd probably like PGR1 quite a bit, though it's not a patch on 2.

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
nath said:
PGR 2 is far better than MSR. Infact, if you really like MSR you'd probably like PGR1 quite a bit, though it's not a patch on 2.
Does it need to be pointed out that they're basically the same game? I dunno if I'm stating the obvious here but PGR is, in everything other than name, the sequel (although "sequel" implies a lot of change, which there really wasn't) to MSR, made by the same company with the same fundamental game mechanics. That's a pretty strong argument for it being superior to MSR (though also simultaneously pointing out its lack of originality - it's a little annoying when people say that the Kudos system in PGR is completely novel, but whatever.)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I know PGR1 and 2 are essentially MSR 2 and 3 but I wasn't saying PGR1 was much better than MSR, only 2. For some reason I could never get in to PGR or MSR for that matter. PGR 2 is quite a bit different to the others, and in all honesty a lot better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom