Xbox - backup dvd films

G

I have just bought an xbox dvd remote controller so i can play dvd films on my xbox, this sits in my sons room, i was going to buy a combined tv and dvd player but thought since he has already got a tv and an xbox i may as well just buy a remote, the thing is, he is always scratching the dvd's downstairs, does anyone know if the xbox plays copied dvd films.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Ritek g04's do as do most of the bulkpaqs (specifically the ones with orange disc white center and the green ones) and also supermarket type Memorex 4x 25 tubs and also he hideously expensive TDK ones you see in HMV and tescos etc. Always go for dvd-r, all xbox's cope with them the best.

Try http://www.videohelp.com/ for exhaustive lists in the media section.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I'm not sure if it'll play DVD-rs unchipped - I'd check it out for you but I don't have the dvd remote, so I can't play them without homebrew software which obviously won't run on an unmodded xbox. :)

I've been fairly reliably informed that the answer is yes (as long as the region is ok). But if, when you back up your dvd's, you chose to set them to the right region or region 0, it should be fine.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Note once you have installed a remote kit on an unchipped xbox, the xbox is locked to that region forever (installing a new kit will not work).

Jopasc

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah the xbox will read 'backup up' dvd films from dvd-r when not chipped. Depending on how the copy was made will have to keep in mind region codes. A lot of dvd backup software will remove all dvd protection when they copy the disk. Dvd's got from 'other' sources won't be region locked.

Xbox's have 3 different brands of dvd reader in them and they all seems to be slightly different. Its worth testing to make sure your xbox can read the brand you use but in general I know any disk that uses the G04 dye seems to work just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom