Xbox 360 Elite

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
I've finally got the money spare to get an Xbox. I want an Elite. Can anyone recommend a good shop/site where I can get one for a decent price?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Unless you really need the extra hardrive space, see if you can find stock of the "pro" console. It's been discontinued, but it should be available quite cheaply and has HDMI as well.

Access Denied

Unless you really need the extra hardrive space, see if you can find stock of the "pro" console. It's been discontinued, but it should be available quite cheaply and has HDMI as well.

You mean the Premium one with the 20Gb HDD? I was looking at that.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Does the Pro/Premium ones come with the improvements to the fans that the Elite does tho? I thought the main reason they were discontinued was due to the high RROD rate they had.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Does the Pro/Premium ones come with the improvements to the fans that the Elite does tho? I thought the main reason they were discontinued was due to the high RROD rate they had.

No, they were discontinued because MS wanted to simplify the model choice and not confuse customers, while at the same time reducing marketing, packaging and production costs by not having so many different models.

The premium was given all the upgrades, the basic arcade, premium and elite consoles are the same. Internally they are identical, only the external colour and hardrive is different.

Easiest check is to make sure if you buy an arcade or premium that they were manufactured in 2009 or late 2008, or that they have a HDMI port.

Access Denied

Seen a Premium on the Cash Converters website with a 60Gb HDD for £99. Apparently tested and works but not tested for Xbox Live ban. THey will swap it if I have any issues but it'll be hassle. Worth it?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
No, buy a new one. You get 3 years warrenty against RROD with new xboxes. Do what Spark suggests, get an arcade and buy the HDD cheap.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
got mine off amazon was a good deal on at the time got it for £213

got forza 3 COD4 mw2 extra pad and 2 bundled games think it should have cost over £350 quid was a good website that showed you who offered which bundles and for how much cant remember it tho if i think on ill post it.

http://www.compareconsoleprices.co.uk/xbox_elite_bundles.html
was this site amazon not on it tho so not sure if they offering bundles ofc this is only from online retailers so may be able to find cheaper this way was just less hassle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom