XBL: f00s paying for crap

Yaka

Part of the furniture
To be honest i have never liked buying additnal content, when PGR2 got some pay to play content i cried a little, for PGR3 i have ended up buying the extra packs. yep preety shocking that but not as shocking as the numnuts who pay for various dashboard skinz we should send MYstIC G with a empty tin can to these guys so we can buy pizza or some thing.

anyways read all about it over @ TomsHardware

P.S go bug whipped or MYstiC G for decoding this

Aada

Part of the furniture
Yaka said:
To be honest i have never liked buying additnal content, when PGR2 got some pay to play content i cried a little, for PGR3 i have ended up buying the extra packs. yep preety shocking that but not as shocking as the numnuts who pay for various dashboard skinz we should send MYstIC G with a empty tin can to these guys so we can buy pizza or some thing.

anyways read all about it over @ TomsHardware

P.S go bug whipped or MYstiC G for decoding this

Who are you to to call people numnuts for buying something they want to buy? i could say the samething about anything you buy.

Including cigs,junk food just about anything.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Yaka said:

Seriously.. its not as if anything of XBL arcade is bank breaking.. your talking under £10 for 1000 points and you can buy a heck of alot of themes etc.

I have done this once because i don't like to waste money on themes etc i'd rather buy Arcade games.

There is nothing shocking about people buying themes etc.. they are there at a reasonable price to be bought so people will buy them.. if they cost £5 i would moan but for around 50p a skin ? i'm sure you could find something better to moan about the cost.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
im not moaning, just think skinz are pointless, ive got a few games on xbl arcade me selfinfact apart from PGR3 and doa its all i got on me x360 hdd

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
I've been saying exactly the same things in that articles for ages now. Why on earth are people happy to pay for content that was previously given for free? It just boggles the mind. Not even happy to pay but are willing to take time out to defend this fact (Aada is not the only example).

You're paying someone for the fantastic privilidge of pasting a fat flyer on your TV screen to brain wash you into buying a forthcoming title or to brain wash your mates into buying it when they come round to play on your console.

Pretty soon these things will be hacked and the market will drop out of it anyway and it'll be a thing of the past, or at the very least the novelty will wear off. I suggest MS et al enjoy it while it lasts.

Having said that you still get fools paying for mobile phone content such as ringtones and wallpapers when the majority of them have access to a PC which is capable of doing all that and more for free.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I agree with Kenny. MS are milking it, themes and pictures should not have a charge. I can understand charging for arcade downloads, but when you pay £40 odd quid a year for xbl, you do not expect to pay to download new skins.

Aada

Part of the furniture
All i'm saying is if its there to be bought people will buy it.. thats been the case since the dawn of man.

MS is a business just like Sony who want to charge super money for a blue ray player (£500+ for the PS3?) i call that a huge fucking sick joke.

MS loose alot of money for every 360 sold atleast they are making things affordable and one of their money makers is selling market place products.

Aada

Part of the furniture
TdC said:

They don't make a profit on the 360 at all.. they make their profit from the market place and control pads/head sets/hdds and games.

If you think MS actually gain money selling a 360 your wrong they loose it... and with rumors floating around that they will be either knocking the price down or bundling a premium pack with PGR3 for £280 they will be loosing even more money.

Atleast they are giving you the option.. unlike SONY damn i hope they fail with the PS3.. seriously what sane person is going to spend 500+ for the PS3 then the games are going to be atleast 50-60 quid a pop.

Kinda funny when people moan about little things being free when they are optional.. unlike sony who force you to shell out silly money just for the console.

MS could have charged crazy money for the 360 but they didn't they kept it at an affordable price for everyone.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Can you find the proof for that please? I know MS admitted losing money on every xbox sold, but I have not seen anything but hearsay so far considering profit or loss on the 360 hardware.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Console manufacturers frequently do lose lots of dosh on the hardware and hope to make up for it with the games.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yes and I would expect them to with the 360 as well, but until MS state or someone shows they have stated that they are losing on the 360, then Aada is just giving an opinion, not a fact.

Will

/bin/su
Ch3tan said:
Can you find the proof for that please?
I hate to support such a blatant fanbwoi, but clicky. Its not from the horse's mouth, but its pretty good.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
At those prices MS are making a loss in the US, but in Europe they are breaking even/ making a profit depending on the currency rates at the time.

But ta, all I wanted was someone to show some reliable source rather than fanboiing.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Ch3tan said:
At those prices MS are making a loss in the US, but in Europe they are breaking even/ making a profit depending on the currency rates at the time.

But ta, all I wanted was someone to show some reliable source rather than fanboiing.

I'm not a fanboi sure i love my 360 but i didn't just make that last post out of thin air :)

Its been known for a while now that MS loose money for every 360 sold and don't expect to make a profit until 2008-2010.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom