X2 duel logging

Yurka

One of Freddy's beloved
Just got a new 4800 X2 rig and in duel logging i find it LDs ALOT more than my older 3gig HT.

Now it only LDs really when i change between the duel log clients (quickly swap) while my other HT was fine with that.

Any ideas?

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
Yurka said:
Just got a new 4800 X2 rig and in duel logging i find it LDs ALOT more than my older 3gig HT.

Now it only LDs really when i change between the duel log clients (quickly swap) while my other HT was fine with that.

Any ideas?

tried setting client 1 using 1 of the cores, and client 2 using the other core ?

so they have seperate cores rather then the same ?

also tried setting processor scheduling performance to background services instead of programs ?

Yurka

One of Freddy's beloved
i take it i'll have to set what CPU to use after I load each client, also wheres the scheduling processing bit?

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
Yurka said:
i take it i'll have to set what CPU to use after I load each client, also wheres the scheduling processing bit?

yes you have to set that after loading, or you can dl a program to make it for you, but its semi tricky to get it to work and i dont rmbr name of the program.

to set what core to use you do by CTR+ALT+DEL, highligth the game.dll and rigthclick and Set Affinity...

the scheduling, press [windows button]+[pause button], then to advanced, then on performance settings, then advanced again and there you find processor scheduling.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Yeah just bring up task manager and set the cpu affinity of each daoc process to a different core. Strictly speaking though you should be able to run 4 copies of daoc on that system with no real difficulty, how much memory have you got installed and are all your drivers up to date?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Yurka said:

Weird, you really shouldn't be getting any problems when switching clients then as you have more than enough memory and plenty of cpu cycles, far far more than you would have ever had available on your P4 with HT. Don't know what to suggest at the moment, will have to have a think about it.

Yurka

One of Freddy's beloved
well i'm trying to fine tune my gfx atm (GTX7800 x2 Sli) getting stuttering in creative, playing around with alot of things atm :|

Yurka

One of Freddy's beloved
oh also, in the char selection screen the gfx flickers

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Yurka said:
well i'm trying to fine tune my gfx atm (GTX7800 x2 Sli) getting stuttering in creative, playing around with alot of things atm :|

Hmm SLi, that is a possible cause, the SLi code in the drivers isn't exactly designed for window switching between games because the driver then has to flush both cards and reload data to both cards for the active client. Is it possible to disable the SLi for DAoC? I know it isnt ideal but it would be alot less stress for the system.

Yurka

One of Freddy's beloved
ok the flickering is the Sli

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
Yurka said:
ok the flickering is the Sli

thats what you get for being a richboi ^^

nah but i guess your problem migth be in the SLI aswell, have no other guesses now realy.

youngbaba

Fledgling Freddie
If you're on an nForce board the built in net adapter can cause LDs after porting and stuff, because of the change in system resource usage on loading. I got a PCI network card and problem was solved. Might be the same for you.

BTW It's Dual Logging

Kaelimar

Fledgling Freddie
running a nforce 4 mobo with X2 4600 and i don´t have probs with built in card, ld or nothing

so prolly a driver issue, example the ati 5.10 drivers was nasty for me until i installed the catalyst 5.10 instead of the control panel one´s

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
youngbaba said:
If you're on an nForce board the built in net adapter can cause LDs after porting and stuff, because of the change in system resource usage on loading. I got a PCI network card and problem was solved. Might be the same for you.

BTW It's Dual Logging

maybe you wanna search these boards on nForce and/or checksumming

Coolan

One of Freddy's beloved
are you running the game in windowed mode or full screen, as you may find it runs better in windowed mode as in theory both screens will be loaded all the time.

Yurka

One of Freddy's beloved
well ive sorted all my other game problems after flashing bios, new chipset drivers, installing gfx drivers.

Daoc seems to be running abit of though...

Sun/water bubbles will move oddly and really quickly, and sometimes i cant use my ground target (could be to due to the gt target image is slightly trasparent, and screws up with that)

Where TheHellAmI

Fledgling Freddie
just got myself 2xgeforce 6600GT runing SLI and daoc crashes all the time, sometimes on loading screen it crashes and says zone could not be loaded or something... :<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom