X-Realming and getting banned!

Braleden

Fledgling Freddie
I like the battlegrounds and with clustering i now get the chance to log on my main account<mid excal> see what the actions like in leirvik if the mids outnumber albs and hibs i can then log on my bb account which has several lvl 44 toons <alb pryd>.

This to me is xrealming as i use a mid toon to check out the bg before i would log a alb toon. this is because if theres no action i will use 2nd account to log in a bb on mid.

Balancing out the numbers on all sides makes for more fun in the bg's but is this xrealming and is it bannable?

Also if i log on a low level toon and xp in DF, on the other PC can i flame the inf/ns that grey kills me?

Is it just a case of if you play 1 realm dont do anything in the other for a hour?

Clustered and Confused!
Thanks for any help/pointers/rules n regs.:eek2:

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Well, you could, but if you log out of mid it will take an hour before you can log onto hib or alb.

Braleden

Fledgling Freddie
i have 2 accounts so can log in 1 account on mid and log the other into alb so dont have to worry about the 1 hour timer.

and lol at DocWolfe, i couldnt cope with ban i would have to do something useful with my time instead of playing DaoC.:m00:

Corran

Part of the furniture
Braleden said:
I like the battlegrounds and with clustering i now get the chance to log on my main account<mid excal> see what the actions like in leirvik if the mids outnumber albs and hibs i can then log on my bb account which has several lvl 44 toons <alb pryd>.

This to me is xrealming as i use a mid toon to check out the bg before i would log a alb toon. this is because if theres no action i will use 2nd account to log in a bb on mid.

Balancing out the numbers on all sides makes for more fun in the bg's but is this xrealming and is it bannable?

Also if i log on a low level toon and xp in DF, on the other PC can i flame the inf/ns that grey kills me?

Is it just a case of if you play 1 realm dont do anything in the other for a hour?

Clustered and Confused!
Thanks for any help/pointers/rules n regs.:eek2:

Not gone through coc lately but i really should check it out again...

however i will comment on just one thing.

The having a toon logged on another realm while xp'in in DF on its own right wont get it banned if your not using it to gather/pass on information (but probably frowned upon) ... the moment you use the other account to start sending abuse to people that kill you then you will most likely find yourself breaching the CoC in a couple of places, namely being logged on for the sole purpose of harressment. So no doubt if reported for this then you would be punished in one way or another

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
Braleden said:
i have 2 accounts so can log in 1 account on mid and log the other into alb so dont have to worry about the 1 hour timer.

and lol at DocWolfe, i couldnt cope with ban i would have to do something useful with my time instead of playing DaoC.:m00:

Seriously there are loads of people with multiple accounts on different realms, its not something you need to worry about. They wont go trawling through the logs for it.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Just don't go killing your own chars on other accounts to farm realm points or blab info on keep/relic raids and I am sure nobody will be bothered.

Corran

Part of the furniture
CoC said:
Rules of good conduct

Users are expected to show respect for one another, to contribute to the cordial atmosphere of the game. Harassment of another person, insults or remarks intended to hurt another person will not be tolerated.

CoC said:
Penalties

GOA reserves the right (at any time and without prior notice) to reduce access to or block an account temporarily or definitively if the user has not respected this Charter, has encouraged another user not to respect the Charter or has caused harm to the user community.

There we go, was little bored in game as zergfest so had a look to pull out the relevant part i was refering too

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Crossrealming is always looked at on a case by case basis and it's not possible to give a definitive definition as people will find ways to get around anything that is set in stone.
Things that are always crossrealming are as follows:

• Using or passing on information from one realm to another that you could not have got legitimately ingame (spying).

Killing a character from a different realm that is controlled by you or a friend outside of normal gameplay (RP farming).

Actively assisting realm enemies (crossteaming).

The standard punishment for first offences of crossrealming is a 7 day suspension. For RP farming, all accoutns involved are suspended for 7 days and RPs and realm skills will be stripped. I've already dealt with a few people who felt that it was within the rules to farm characters from their second account and it's something I will continue to enforce vigorously.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
does that also include, when I let sum1 alive, so they can keep having a fair duel? and when he wins not killing them??

i can allways say, but i went afk phone rang ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom