X-Men

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Anyone know much about x-men? my friend just asked me a question and i hoped one of you fellas could help out :)

X-men comics.. I fancy reading some of the back story etc, found them all on forbidden planet, but the problem is... What's the difference between New X-men, Uncanny X-men, Ultimate X-men, Amazing X-men, Astonishing X-men etc? Wikipedia doesn't help too much, I just want a simple explanation lol

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Ezteq is the X-men fan :) I love the good old normal X-men :p

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Here goes -
Ultimate X-men is a seperate universe from the rest of those titles.
Astonishing X-men is Joss Whedons run and is sort of out of sync to the rest of the main (Earth-616) universe, and is about Cyclops X-men team. New X-men I think is like Generation X - younger mutants as an X-team. Uncanny X-men is a different team that polices the world (X.S.E). X-men itself is just another team. Wolverine seems to be on 4 teams at once.
Information about current titles can be found here.

Personally, I'm reading Ultimate (got all the and Astonishing (whenever its about.. seems to be 'random' compared to others) X-men. Ultimate is my preferred title and the entire Marvel universe is different 'over there', and I'm only reading Astonishing because Emma Frost is such a fantastic bitch in it. In September I'll be picking up "X-Men: Phoenix Warsong" as well. Because I love the Phoenix entity and everything about it, and its got something to do with the Stepford Cuckoos, who are my favourite mutants (originally identical Quintuplets with similar telepathic powers that could 'combine' powers to become a super brain basically - 2 now dead, triplets at the moment), and ties into the Astonishing team.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
you have just earned yourself rep PL!

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Survey is in... PING... Haarewin for the win.

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
xmen geek Mary fruity fruit to the rescue! (Haarewin)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
xmen civil war is pretty uber!

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Mikah75 said:
xmen geek Mary fruity fruit to the rescue! (Haarewin)

i can still lend you the entire backlog of ultimate once you get to bristol ;)

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
haarewin said:
i can still lend you the entire backlog of ultimate once you get to bristol ;)
lies.. im no Xmen geek! /hides

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
all diff x-men universes tho they cross over and people die in one but re-appear/survive in others etc. basicly.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Darksword said:
all diff x-men universes tho they cross over and people die in one but re-appear/survive in others etc. basicly.
no they arent different universes. all but Ultimate are set on Earth-616 (aka: the main marvel universe). Exiles on the other hand is a dimension hopping team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom