www.dvdboxoffice.com

S

Sharp Thing

anyone ever ordered from this? and if so, how long did it take before it arrived? :>

T

The Kingpin

I orded my US copy of daoc and SI from there,

I live in england, took about 2 weeks..

G

Gabrial

I ordered DVDs from there - cant remember the timescales but easily within a week.

O

old.Trine Aquavit

I've ordered from them, and am ordering SWG from them. Last thing I bought took a week or so. You can pay extra for courier shipping, though.

S

Sharp Thing

Originally posted by old.Trine Aquavit
I've ordered from them, and am ordering SWG from them. Last thing I bought took a week or so. You can pay extra for courier shipping, though.
its already been shipped with normal service, then i asked around and my friends had solme bad experience with it (20days+) so im hoping that wont happen to me ;/

T

The Real Redi

i know theres no advertising here, but its not like im employed by them...

Play.com are reliable, usually get your order within a couple of working days (if its in stock) and all prices are bargainous, with no P&P...

cheap as chips this place...

D

darzil

I've always liked play.com, but they are always likely to be a day or two behind on new releases, owing to shipping from off the mainland. They are almost always amongst the cheapest supplier, though.

If you're happy with that, though, I can recommend them.

O

old.Trine Aquavit

I use dvdboxoffice to get stuff shipped prior to release in Europe. They are a Canadian company and so avoid a lot of the import/export takes that can be incurred when shipping direct from the US (Canada has more open import/export laws).

Play.com is nice, but they are based in the UK so cannot ship US releases. E.g. SWG will be released in Europe until months after the US release. In this context the shipping delay on dvdboxoffice isn't so bad. Bear in mind that prices on their site are in Canadion $, so aren't quite as scary as they seem :)

T

The Real Redi

I think play ships from Jersey or Guernsey and avoids a lot of taxes that way...

Z

Zaneen

dont bother

I ordered a few titles from them, a few weeks after the delivery i got a Customs and Excise bill for £20. Not worth it in my opinion.

A

Audhumla

dvdboxoffice

I've ordered a few things from dvdboxoffice; SI for US daoc and some movies. They "avoid" customs by sending movies in a normal envelope, so if the customs nitice it they can charge you for it. IS was courier delivery (DHL i think) and i got it fast enough, one day before it hit the swedish stores that imported it, and cheaper too. Stuff not in stock may take a while to get, but pre-orders seem fast.

O

old.amoeba

If you want real 'cheap as chips' then look at;

www.dvdsoon.com

its another canadian company. VERY slow posting times, but then who cares if it takes 3-4 weeks at some of those prices!?!

N

Nicky Nook

www.cdromshop.com <<<<<<<<<< best shop for service by a mile gave me my SB cd key etc etc and then shiped the game to me ..

Rocks ...Regards Nicky.

N

nomed

I used to order from dvdboxoffice.com and I can say from experience that their delivery times can vary alot. If they have items in stock you can expect a 5-10 days time frame for delivery, if they don't have an item in stock it can take 15+ days.

As for the charges be carefull what you are buying. If you make an order from any US/Canadian websites make sure you know the cost before you order. I know from experience that orders under £18 UK pounds will have no problems coming through customs, but if you go over that be prepared to find a bill from customs for import vat.

As an example I ordered the Die Hard Trilogy boxset from a US website and it cost £40 in UK pounds. I recieved a bill from customs for £29.65 import vat. I ended up paying £70 for the set.

As long as you keep order prices below £18 you will be safe, anything over that and you might get a bill from customs which has to be paid before you can collect your order.

C

chi_

Originally posted by The Real Redi
i know theres no advertising here, but its not like im employed by them...

Play.com are reliable, usually get your order within a couple of working days (if its in stock) and all prices are bargainous, with no P&P...

cheap as chips this place...

We ordered SB, isn't out in the EU, otherwise I would've stayed away from importers :( Still waiting for it on Wednesday, ordered on Friday. Cross fingers and prayer please etc.

L

legionaire

can we play Shadowbane in the uk using the US version ?????

C

chi_

Originally posted by legionaire
can we play Shadowbane in the uk using the US version ?????

Yes, although they have a very simple system in place designed to keep people to their own regions to prevent people doing things like exploiting time differences to destroy enemy cities etc, not that such things wouldn't happen anyway :rolleyes:

You can play by inputting a US zipcode when you register. This can be any zipcode, a university etc, easy to find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom