WTF Mythic?

W

wannaplay

I just bought DAoC, and after much monotony, I got to 5. Ok, time to pick a class. After I realize, there's no one around to group with, or on the advisor list, I realize that's because almost everyone still playing this game starts there alts at 20. What's my point you ask? Point is Mythic ruined the game for anyone who hasn't got a lvl 50. The real question is, how long can Mythic placate the lvl 50s with MLs and lvl 20 alts before they finally have to come out and say they can't raise the level cap? Hmmmm?
I'm sure Mythic doesn't care, but they won't be getting my $13 a month.

W

wannaplay

So it's not just me? Are they going to do anything about it?

A

Aoln

I think they should decrease the xp required for 1-20 big time.

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by Aoln
I think they should decrease the xp required for 1-20 big time.

Agreed, they need to double the exp and cash from kill tasks from 1-20.

G

grebneklaf

Originally posted by old.cHodAX
Agreed, they need to double the exp and cash from kill tasks from 1-20.

It all depends on how you prefer to play. I would be very unhappy with it and would actually prefer if they halfed the xp from mobs and removed killtasks.

It all depends what kind of people you want in the game, sure i know Mythic would prefer for every kind of people to be in the game(more money for them). But in the end it will be hard to satisfy us all, some want the quick trip to 50 and go out and CS people while others enjoy goofing around inside the borders, me i have only been outside the borders twice in the two years i have been playing this game.

So to sum up what i am trying to say, the easier Mythic makes it to lvl in this game the faster i will run out of stuff to have fun with. Maby someone should propose a CS server to mythic, everybody starts at lvl 50 with all master lvls and all realm ranks and such. Then the people who keep whining about the "insane" boredom of lvling can go over there and play, and save the rest of us from powerleveling, /lvl20 etc. etc. etc...........

A

Archeon

I'm a little confused by your post, you make several references to Mythic and how you won't be paying, specifically i noticed the Dollars. And i really have to ask, are you on the right boards?

The Barrysworld forums (specifically the DAoC boards) are used by the English server playing customers (hence we have the Excal, and Pyr boards). If i'm right in my suspicion and your an american player - On the american servers, i'd suggest you go to here.

Ok, now assuming i'm wrong (and lets face it, 90% of the time i am :rolleyes: ). Welcome to DAoC, sounds like you had a rough start.

As a point for future reference, our servers are run by GOA (their french). Mythic franchise the game out to them. Its a little confusing, a lot of people seem to have trouble defining the difference. We also pay in Euro's - but thats beside the point.

General advise i'd give to you would depend greatly on your class. Since i don't have it i can only give general info.

1. Group, doesn't matter if there is 3-4 levels difference between you. Even if your the higher lvl guy, exping is V. fast in groups at lower lvls and you'l notice that those 'noobs' you told to get lost because their too low are all of a sudden 6 levels higher than you and in a position to do the same to you.

2. If you don't want to group (don't ask me why, but it has been known to happen). Do killtasks, just go up to a guard. Target him and say 'Help' or 'Task' to him. Most towns, especially the ones you start in - have plenty of guards, and while one might not give you a KT others most likley will.

3. Be patient. Power given is wasted, power earned is immortal. You'l be an infinatly better player if you take your time and play to enjoy the game.

4. Do the quests, explore. Quite a lot of the high level quests have pre-quist quests at lower levels (the classic example is the Epics), when i dinged 50 i found i was able to enjoy myself much more because i'd taken the time to do a lot of the lower level quests which rewarded me with some great items and XP at the time (and coin). But it also mean't i was able to do the high lvl quests (and most of the really good ones do have a low lvl prequist) right away without having to waste time.

5. Get in a good guild, sure. You can start your own if you want. But if your going for your first 50 its far more benifical to you to join an already established guild. They can support you with advice, and usually theres one or two sofites who will support you with cash and items and armour as well.

6. Enjoy yourself, at the end of the day. Its a game. If you don't enjoy it theres absolutly no point in playing.

Hope that helps you some.
Archeon

N

-Nxs-

Agreed - if you cant find a group, you can still do killtasks to 20 - they are really easy and give plenty of exp and coin.

However with GOA marketing the game in england this month - be prepared to see some more new players :)

P

PJS

Archeon- prerequisite is the word you are looking for :)

You could always try a good solo class. Personally Im equally happy soloing as grouping. You wont have a problem once you get near 20.

I

i-scream

Now that's strange. I looked on Duskwave and there are 1.687 characters between lv 5 and 8 in Hibernia on Excalibur.

For lv 5 only, there are 1.022 characters. Maybe they're not all active but there must be some.

T

tripitaka

Originally posted by i-scream
Now that's strange. I looked on Duskwave and there are 1.687 characters between lv 5 and 8 in Hibernia on Excalibur.

For lv 5 only, there are 1.022 characters. Maybe they're not all active but there must be some.

is that 1 thousand 687? or 1 point 687 - cos if its 1 point 687 - who is the 2/3rds person ? a luri perhaps ?

J

Jonaldo

They may aswell introduce /level 50 command, no-one wants to do the levelling anymore and it's just a period of time wasted killing the same mobs repeatedly until they hit 50 and then go rvr.
Mythic could save a lot of server space reduce each realm size by about 60% and put the extra space into rvr zones. (not that it would move anyone from emain of course)

L

Lumikki

Sadly this game is very rough and lonely for new players nowadays :(

xx

A

Archeon

Originally posted by PJS
Archeon- prerequisite is the word you are looking for :)

<spits out his chewing tabbaco>

I done figure your type ain't welcome round these parts collage boy, though if ya's likes you's can marry ma sister Marlene. ;)

C

Craft

If you have a few hours to kill sure do kill tasks else, find a group, as you can probably see from my character list below i dont have a level 50 - mainly probably due to lazyness, but i still enjoy the game, take things at your own speed, fun is fun whatever you do, even boulderlings in a group of 8 of you at level 5 is fun for me anyways, ill be back online sometime soon too, if you want to chat send me a message, ill log a lower level character and we can xp, i dun care who i xp with - its all good fun! :)

B

becana

Originally posted by Jonaldo
They may aswell introduce /level 50 command, no-one wants to do the levelling anymore and it's just a period of time wasted killing the same mobs repeatedly until they hit 50 and then go rvr.
Mythic could save a lot of server space reduce each realm size by about 60% and put the extra space into rvr zones. (not that it would move anyone from emain of course)

Yeah :) We still have too do pve for farming and getting drops. And rvr is what daoc is abt, if u want pve go play EQ. Wonder what the rvr expansion will be "we have decided too remove odins, and hadrians and place all 3 realms keeps and relic keeps in emain :)" And as a new feature we are introdusing a 25% permanent zone chrash bonus if there is more than 10pps in a zone. ofc GOA will most likely rais that too 50% because they did not fully understand the fax they got from Mythic. "ohhh Daniel whut du tiss fax meann", "ahh trebien oui oui, we ave too make angles wiinee on d bw boarde againe oui oui." :) :)

P

PJS

Originally posted by Archeon
<spits out his chewing tabbaco>

I done figure your type ain't welcome round these parts collage boy, though if ya's likes you's can marry ma sister Marlene. ;)

Thems fightin words pardner, now go fer ya gun afore I plug ya.

alternatively

Yo, bitch. Dont diss this homes or Ill get ma nine and pop a cap in yo ass.

:p

O

old.Jable

Originally posted by grebneklaf
It all depends on how you prefer to play. I would be very unhappy with it and would actually prefer if they halfed the xp from mobs and removed killtasks.

then im afraid you have to ask yourself "do i have a life" and "do i get a hard-on for monotony?".

not being rude (funny-ish comment aside) but seriously, the game is dull enough without the xp being halved. surely you can't be serious, it takes days to get to lvl 20 (for bg) unless you can powergame.

lets say you are a newbie and you don't have any powergaming friends - you won't need that kind of shit. maybe you could play on the pvp server for a bit, that way you die while xping so much, you may enjoy it.

im all for the game taking longer, but to make it longer, it needs more content and to be more interesting. less "find a patch of mobs and stand there" and more "im having a proper adventure thats cool and stuff". that doesnt happen in Daoc.

T

tripitaka

If the game is dull enuff already - why do you play?

J

Jebelious

i dont have a 50 char and i started a new lvl 1 and got it to lvl 16 in a matter of 10hrs or so solo time

and that is slow as i messed about for a bit of it

Users who are viewing this thread