WTF is wrong with us!?

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm...I think the only difference between 'now' and 'then' is that now we are more aware of all the people around us, what with the news crews all over the place like fucking 'roaches and cameras being stuck in our face 24/7. The human race evolved rotton and will continue to fester until we finally kill ourselves.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
I don't consider myself part of the human race. I am simply a self-aware computer program which thinks it is part of the human race. There is a difference. :eek:

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
If you were really self-aware then why bother to think you are part of the human race? Wouldn't it be better to nuke us all and start over with teh 'roaches? :p

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
But then our precious planet would end up in an even worse state than it's in already.

Good point though. I'll give it some thought. :)

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
And people ask me what I mean when I say I'm not cruel enough to want to bring a child into the world. :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
FOX said:
The FBI was working with NASA to enhance the images from the tape in hopes of lifting more clues.

True that, what's wrong with us? Using that much resources for one kid. Pfft. The kids a goner, get over it and make a new one. :p

(Disclaimer: Yes i have a "wrong"((in your mind)) attitude, but it's mine.)

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:
True that, what's wrong with us? Using that much resources for one kid. Pfft. The kids a goner, get over it and make a new one. :p

(Disclaimer: Yes i have a "wrong"((in your mind)) attitude, but it's mine.)

It may be your 'attitude' but, yea, leave the guy who killed her out there so he can kill again. I know you were joking around but I'm surprised you would sink this low. ;)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Sissyfoo said:
It may be your 'attitude' but, yea, leave the guy who killed her out there so he can kill again. I know you were joking around but I'm surprised you would sink this low. ;)

Joking? I wasn't. If you haven't learned yet that i don't give a rats ass about humanity then you don't know me :p

And sinks are usually above the waistline so atleast i'm above the average toddler around here.

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
I have been thinking about this stuff throughout the day. Whenever I see a child walking alone in the street...and it is just so easy for anyone to take them. Makes me feel so sad, angry and helpless. Fucking pedophiles are evil and many of them are survivors of abuse so it's like, who is to blame here?

Wish I wasn't so freakishly sensitive to that stuff, really gets to me. I don't even have kids! Poor blighters would probably be 'locked down' most of the time :/

It's totally fubar.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Ala said:
I have been thinking about this stuff throughout the day. Whenever I see a child walking alone in the street...and it is just so easy for anyone to take them. Makes me feel so sad, angry and helpless. Fucking pedophiles are evil and many of them are survivors of abuse so it's like, who is to blame here?

Wish I wasn't so freakishly sensitive to that stuff, really gets to me. I don't even have kids! Poor blighters would probably be 'locked down' most of the time :/

It's totally fubar.

thing to remember in these cases is that it is really sad it happens, but getting killed while involved in a caraccident is more likely to happen. However that fact wont stop you from driving your kids to stuff or letting them ride with other people to places (well it doesnt stop most people from doing so:p).

And a good understanding of when and where to intervene and capturing offenders fast. So the amount of people hurt is small and hopefully decreases, so the amount of people who become like this will also decrease to a small number. However this will take time :(.

mts

Fledgling Freddie
the world is a fucked up place with fucked up people in it :/

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
~hugs the internet~

At least there aren't any nasty people here.

...oh wait. :mad:

Anyways, Seel, I'm not exactly brimming with compassion for my fellow monkeys but if you seriously expect me to believe that you think that trying to hunt down a child killer is a waste of money then you must think I am really fucking gullible. :p

And that 'sink' pun was awful! :eek:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Sissyfoo said:
~hugs the internet~

At least there aren't any nasty people here.

...oh wait. :mad:

Anyways, Seel, I'm not exactly brimming with compassion for my fellow monkeys but if you seriously expect me to believe that you think that trying to hunt down a child killer is a waste of money then you must think I am really fucking gullible. :p

And that 'sink' pun was awful! :eek:

Not a waste of money, in a sense that i wouldn't mind seeing that punter shot dead in a hail of gunfire. But it could be any punter really... A waste of time and money in the sense that using NASA and FBI resources to this is a bit...overdoing it. Local police -should- be able to handle it. But, alas, they suck..all americas security that is...so i don't really care what they use. Atleast they ain't using more resources on blowing up our continent.

Hope that clears it.

And you laughed at that sink pun, admit it! :p

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
It is overdoing it in one sense but on the other hand it is commendable that they are finally using their awesome resources for something good instead of laying waste to various arab countries. :p

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:
But it could be any punter really... A waste of time and money in the sense that using NASA and FBI resources to this is a bit...overdoing it. Local police -should- be able to handle it.

I dont really know the american system, but it might be that getting the FBI involved in such cases is normal. Such criminals usually dont stay in one state, which makes it a federal case iirc?

Getting NASA involved might be abit overdoing it, but getting an expert in a field for advice is something anyones police would probably do and Nasa's involvement is probably 1 or 2 people who worked on this for 2 or 4 days. If it can save the life of a kid, it might be worth it.

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
Dillinja said:
I don't consider myself part of the human race. I am simply a self-aware computer program which thinks it is part of the human race. There is a difference. :eek:
hur hur if only we were all as lucky=/

Bishibosh

Fledgling Freddie
Dillinja said:

Ffs is this really the sort of thread for ur sarcasm ... :/

Kyra

Longtime Songbird
An update to that first story: they did find her, but it was too late. They had the guy in custody rather quickly after the surveilance videos were out, but he refused to tell them where she was.

But Florida is a state with the death penalty.. so he will be punished and he won't ever be able to hurt another child ever again.

It is so sad that there are such awful and evil people out there. Makes me want to not let my precious children out of my sight.

From what I understand, the FBI is involved whenever its a missing person's case. And for Nasa, well their home base is in Florida and they do have the best satellites. (they might have also trying to use them to find the location of the man's car). Though I will say, I don't recall them ever using Nasa in this way before, but who knows.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The more i think about it, the more i think it's a political stunt to announce their using NASA. Scaretactics, if you know what i mean.

Like Kyra said, NASA has never been known to be involved(can be proven wrong) in such a minor case even if it happens in their homestate.

Who knows, maybe the dumb bastards just learned something from 911.

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
Not in the mood for a kidnapping? Let's go shopping! :/ The last paragraph is particularly grim.
More details on the Steven Stayner case (not updated)*Warning - Includes graphic descriptions of sexual abuse*

Hoorah :(

It's not like this is all new, I know that, it's just that I don't usually spend too long thinking about stuff like this that happens everyday. It makes me sad, as I said before, but I can not imagine how the relatives must feel.

Perhaps because of the extremely good video footage of Carlie Brucia at the car wash, showing a man leading her away by the arm, NASA was asked to help because of the urgency of time in such cases? *shrug* I don't profess to know the protocol of NASA or the FBI but I think child crimes are a top priority, looks like I'm not alone there.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Not really a stalker, just some guy who I pwned and now he wants to come and try to take cheap-shots at me I guess. :s

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom