WTF is wrong with Excal??

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
If they had just hotfixed ml4.2 with the same zeal that they hotfixed MW with then they could have saved a lot of crashes. That ML is still a complete disaster that causes everything to die when one realm attempts it. How hard would it be to make a fix to just give everyone credit or nerf the hell out of that stage? Just admit its a showstopping class A bug. ml4.2 should read:-

You have not yet summoned enough people to crash the zone and server multiple times!

From what ive seen excal and pryd both suffer from more problems due to large numbers of people in one place than other servers. Perhaps there is an obvious difference in spec that we arent told about...?

At the moment it is a joke, realms cant make relic raids for fear of crashing a zone.

I dont know if the blame lies with GOAS translation/servers, or mythics code/lack of fixes. I do know it IS a BIG problem and I would expect the people I pay my subs to, to get it fixed asap.

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
i would like to see what the spec of all the servers are and then judge if excal has a lower spec than some of the others. just cos they said we had an upgrade doesn't mean we had an equal upgrade to the french and german severs,we most probably had some of the old frog or kraut servers
(sorry to all the french/germans but i'm bitter and twisted)

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
Boni said:
From what ive seen excal and pryd both suffer from more problems due to large numbers of people in one place than other servers.
How do you know that ?

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
sibanac said:
How do you know that ?

Cause I play the game 24/7 and talk to people on other servers good enough answer? Im sure there must be some statistics out there somewhere..

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Behmoth said:
i would like to see what the spec of all the servers are and then judge if excal has a lower spec than some of the others. just cos they said we had an upgrade doesn't mean we had an equal upgrade to the french and german severs ...

Me too, the wording of each and every report about server upgrades always made me think that at the time. If you upgrade someons hardware you tell em what they got, cause you would be proud to tell em that their severs have x capacity or y memory, right?. All we where told was that we got some BiXeon server.

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
Boni said:
Cause I play the game 24/7 and talk to people on other servers good enough answer? Im sure there must be some statistics out there somewhere..
Well i must say so far i've heard 'cause i know' as answer to that question and never seen any numbers.
Besides people on US servers saying that the same happens to them aswell. (150+ peeps fighting = dead server). and that was talking to IRL friends over a beer, not from some VN whine.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
sibanac said:
Well i must say so far i've heard 'cause i know' as answer to that question and never seen any numbers.
Besides people on US servers saying that the same happens to them aswell. (150+ peeps fighting = dead server). and that was talking to IRL friends over a beer, not from some VN whine.

Just accept that that is my feeling and I voiced it without any empirical backup, same as you...
I state in my original post that I do not know for certain what is responsible, and the issue of if we have worse machines than the frenchies or germans is really beside the point, just one possible reason, and not one you are disproving or i can prove.

Excal is crap atm, getting an average of 1 zone/servercrash per day, perhaps the other servers are the same, I care not, I just know that something needs attention.

Teh FnoRd said:
And you know this fact how? I'm not trying to flame, I'm just curious.

yeah i have a friend on Y's, he was like wtf, crashed. aint seen that for aloooong time....and he plays 24/7 and hes ALWAYS the first bitch when the server goes down.. so juding by the fact he plays roughly 8hrs a day (yes he is that sad) its very unlikely he would miss a server crash and not tell me, he usually bitches to me on MSN or sumfin... which i have at work from 9-5 and at home from 6-1am..so i dont miss much.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Ssera said:
excalibur is very stable usually. How many days down have we had since the game was launched?

btw, Logres and Dartmoor also went down last night at roughly the same time (no official news either).

You can twist historical information however you want, if you take the worst case scanrio thats the one people will remember and look at.

So, arguably you could say Xcal has had x% downtime in the last 2 weeks or whatever and it would look bad.

GOA and other companies like to look at the longer term because it makes the figures look better, I look at the worst case and base my ideas on that.

The server or some zones specifically have had a dire uptime since TOA was out full stop.

Ssera

Fledgling Freddie
Tay said:
You can twist historical information however you want, if you take the worst case scanrio thats the one people will remember and look at.

So, arguably you could say Xcal has had x% downtime in the last 2 weeks or whatever and it would look bad.

GOA and other companies like to look at the longer term because it makes the figures look better, I look at the worst case and base my ideas on that.

The server or some zones specifically have had a dire uptime since TOA was out full stop.

No. The ONLY way you can give a reliable figure to a statement such as "excalibur is down X% more than server Y" is by comparing the TOTAL up time between the two servers since they were both launched (or taking the average uptime of the servers if they have been around for different periods of time).

However, if you say "Excalibur has been down X% more times than server Y since ToA was launched" then fair enough, you only look since ToA was launched. That however was not the case with the original statement, which is what I am arguing about.

I agree with your last point, server uptime has been dire, but that is by no means unique to Excalibur (pryd down yesterday. ys, stonehenge and logres all down the day before, dire lag on ALL servers etc).

Drav

Loyal Freddie
All ya can say is this, God help us all when we get frontiers, it'll mean the game is either un-playable, or so slow mincer speed will become needed by all classes to run at normal speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom