WTF is with the weather?

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Hurricanes in the US, a major typhoon near Japan, Tsnuamis and god knows what else

Scary stuff :(

Outlander

Part of the furniture
global d00ming is to blame! It will never stop! We will all get blown away in the end!

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH

next it'll be fissures swallowing us!! oh noes..... :eek2:

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Blame the US, they're the only country who decided not to sign the thing about global warming/polution. :p

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Overdriven said:
Blame the US, they're the only country who decided not to sign the thing about global warming/polution. :p

What about China the biggest fossil fuel users in the world? They may have signed but they have increased usage not reduced it as agreed. They mostly used soft coal for heating homes which is untreated and caused thick smog.

Have been to Guangzhou (formally Canton) and from the China Hotel (downtown) you could not see the buildings opposite most mornings.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Illudian said:
thats for raping mother earth over and over again

/hugs tree

sad, but probably true. we had this comming i think.

weve been abusing what earth had for so long it had to happend sooner or later.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Overdriven said:

and those that DID sign it havent done THAT much yet to acually prevent it. they TALK a whole lot but not much is acually happening.

easy to sign a piece of paper and then sit back and be proud uve achieved something, when the fact of the matter is that signing that paper was ALL they did.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
ooh Hurricanes in the US and Typhoons in Japan {their word for Hurricane} what next? snow in Antartica, dust storms in the desert, rain in Scotland?
Even the most pro-global warming scientists agree that Hurricane strength and frequency has nothing to do with global warming..of course they could be totally wrong, the truth is no-one knows, it's just beyond our knowledge at the moment.
Meanwhile us sceptics are waiting for the sea to ACTUALLY rise and the Antartic to warm instead of cool, like it is and for the world mass of glaciers to decrease instead of increasing as they are{ pointing out ones that are decreasing and ignoring ones that are getting bigger is bordering on LYING}
Global warming is FOTD flavour of the decade, it'll be some other shit in 5 years time trust me.

Himse

FH is my second home
Hawkwind said:
What about China the biggest fossil fuel users in the world? They may have signed but they have increased usage not reduced it as agreed. They mostly used soft coal for heating homes which is untreated and caused thick smog.

Have been to Guangzhou (formally Canton) and from the China Hotel (downtown) you could not see the buildings opposite most mornings.

China has fuck loads of people in it tho, 1 person using soft coal would make no difference, when for instance, 50 million people use it, it gets slightly out of hand.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Himse said:
China has fuck loads of people in it tho, 1 person using soft coal would make no difference, when for instance, 50 million people use it, it gets slightly out of hand.

The point is that it is easily processed into smokeless coal. They just dont bother because of the additional costs. The technology to do this has been around for 50 years.

Half those that signed the agreement have not adhered to the reduced quota's. The US would not sign because it stated the required reductions were unworkable in their economy. Maybe they were only honest ones there!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
it must be globlal warming!!! (even though it was hotter in roman times)

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Job said:
Even the most pro-global warming scientists agree that Hurricane strength and frequency has nothing to do with global warming
Post links to global warming advocate scientists actually saying this.
..of course they could be totally wrong, the truth is no-one knows, it's just beyond our knowledge at the moment.
Huricanes function primarily as an energy transfer mechanism between the hotter atmosphere of the Tropics and the cooler air of regions further north and south. The more energy - i.e. heat - there is in the atmosphere, the more energetic - i.e. destructive - storms become. Here's a link showing the increase in mean world temperatures over the last century or more: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/..._change___evidence_and_predictions/html/1.stm
Meanwhile us sceptics are waiting for the sea to ACTUALLY rise...
Really? OK: "Sea levels are currently rising at about 1.8mm per year, largely because ice sheets in polar regions are melting, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) has said." (from bbc.co.uk)
...and the Antartic to warm instead of cool
"Snowfall over East Antarctica will not continue to increase indefinitely in a warming world but, conversely, ice melt will accelerate proportionately with every degree of rising temperature, swelling oceans further.

"The effect will only work for a finite period of time," Professor Davis said. "Eventually, the snow will start to melt."..."
...and for the world mass of glaciers to decrease instead of increasing as they are{ pointing out ones that are decreasing and ignoring ones that are getting bigger is bordering on LYING}
Post links showing that glaciers are getting bigger. Here's some pictures showing them getting smaller: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/spl/.../sci_nat_how_the_world_is_changing/html/1.stm
...can't wait to see the pictures you're going to post that prove they're getting bigger.
Global warming is FOTD flavour of the decade, it'll be some other shit in 5 years time trust me.
And the winner of Most Fucking Ignorant Comment Of The Week goes to...

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
All information regarding Global warming is contested, this is my point, for every

'ooh it's rising or getting hotter' ,there is equal evidence for the opposite.

FOTD because the world is now only interested in the evidence that fit the preconcieved hysteria that's infested the worlds media.

Yes there are world bodies that have measured bad effects but many highly respected scientists interpret ,and interpret is the key here, the data differently

Global warming is accepted on both sides, of course it happens all the time and Global cooling, the debate is wether it's us (bearing in mind that 95% of greenhouse gas is water vapour, C02 is only 3% of which roughly we are 1/2 responsible)
http://www.clearlight.com/~mhieb/WVFossils/greenhouse_data.html
OR it's natural and will just cycle back round again

NO-ONE KNOWS!!!!!
It's all just sensible guessing and predictions often using computer models with some input parameters based on total unknowns.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Job said:
All information regarding Global warming is contested, this is my point, for every

'ooh it's rising or getting hotter' ,there is equal evidence for the opposite.

FOTD because the world is now only interested in the evidence that fit the preconcieved hysteria that's infested the worlds media.

Yes there are world bodies that have measured bad effects but many highly respected scientists interpret ,and interpret is the key here, the data differently

Global warming is accepted on both sides, of course it happens all the time and Global cooling, the debate is wether it's us (bearing in mind that 95% of greenhouse gas is water vapour, C02 is only 3% of which roughly we are 1/2 responsible)
http://www.clearlight.com/~mhieb/WVFossils/greenhouse_data.html
OR it's natural and will just cycle back round again

NO-ONE KNOWS!!!!!
It's all just sensible guessing and predictions often using computer models with some input parameters based on total unknowns.

yer it annoys me all the crap in the media about global warming. exploiting the land made the west rich, the 3rd world dont see why they should miss out on the chance to. "no, dont do that" "but you already did in your country" "ah yer so we did"

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
it wont be the end of the world if global warming does actually happen - truth is that it already happened about a million years ago, but due to volcanic activity. thats why the sea level was much higher. It could be a good thing, bring water to the desert areas etc. etc. it could also be a bad thing- destorying natural habitats of animals. I dont think we will know until it actually happens, it could destory species but it could also allow others to flourish. The same thing happened all those years ago too- evolution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom