wtf GoA is wrong with servers

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
i go ld every 30 min...and it isent my connection...msn/icq/internet works like a charm...as soon as i get ld i try another online game and it works like a charm...try fixing the prob instead of letting it grow

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Dwali said:
i go ld every 30 min...and it isent my connection...msn/icq/internet works like a charm...as soon as i get ld i try another online game and it works like a charm...try fixing the prob instead of letting it grow

Try composing a well reasoned and constructive post and someone may well answer it...

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Dwali said:
i go ld every 30 min...and it isent my connection...msn/icq/internet works like a charm...

well if ur msn/icq works fine then it cant be ur internet!!! nope, no way!11 :|

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Dwali said:
Ping plots, tracerts or any other evidence to point at GOA? No? www.pingplotter.com and get some evidence its GOAs fault before whining.

Buppi

Fledgling Freddie
Everyone Ive spoken with ingame and played with suffers from constant lag spikes. Evidence imo that something is wrong in GOAs end. Lag spikes on both prydwen and excalibur.

Find Shadowzerk

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
Ping plots, tracerts or any other evidence to point at GOA? No? www.pingplotter.com and get some evidence its GOAs fault before whining.

worship.gif

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Buppi said:
Everyone Ive spoken with ingame and played with suffers from constant lag spikes. Evidence imo that something is wrong in GOAs end. Lag spikes on both prydwen and excalibur.

Find Shadowzerk
No it doesnt, between you and GOA are several nodes, including your provider, your countries backbone, Frances Opentrashite backbone and finally Wanadoo and GOA. Problems can exist at any stage, so without proof, theres little point crying.

Many people in Scadenavia have reported their backbone refusing to connect to France or GOA, not GOAs fault at all.

Im on NTL in the UK, apart from the odd spike from either OT or GOA, very infrequently, I have little trouble.

Eroda

Fledgling Freddie
Ld'd 5-6 times but seems to have settled now. Apart from that and last night, its mainly been fine though recently.

magon

Banned
sure goa not jusing a 486 ????

bicas I lag evry day even intrupt my caste :/
have about 1 sec caste :(

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
magon said:
sure goa not jusing a 486 ????

bicas I lag evry day even intrupt my caste :/
have about 1 sec caste :(

yeah, i agree.

or i would if i knew what that said :|

Draylor

Part of the furniture
old.Whoodoo said:
Yup, since past history shows that ping/traceroute output leads to quick accurate helpful fixes doesnt it.

:puke:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Draylor said:
Yup, since past history shows that ping/traceroute output leads to quick accurate helpful fixes doesnt it.

:puke:

it's a hell of a lot more effective than misdirected whine ;)

shaark

Loyal Freddie
i have lagg allot this days, it was from my conexion too and from goa allso

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
shaark said:
i have lagg allot this days, it was from my conexion too and from goa allso
Right, so thats anything from your network or DSL connection to the outside, to your ISP, to your countries backbone, to Frances backbone, to GOAs ISP, to the wrong kind of snow in Japan when a butterfly flaps its wings causing it to rain in New York...

Or "what a useful statement that was, more tea from my chocolate teapot Vicar, or must you resume stuffing penguins?!

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Get lag now and then but it's fairly rare as are LD's (usually 1 a week or so). Servers were running perfectly at Crim last night, had some lovely fights with the albs.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Yoshimo said:
Don't did the shield merc :twak: owns any other shield tank 1v1 imo :clap:

yah he's cool ;)

(though I did respec him last night, got a shield armsman now so decided I'd go back to DW after a year or so)

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
yah he's cool ;)

(though I did respec him last night, got a shield armsman now so decided I'd go back to DW after a year or so)

GIMP!

And your armsman is not shield... he's crossbow!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Shanaia said:
GIMP!

And your armsman is not shield... he's crossbow!

well yeah ;) but he has a shield somewhere in his inventory I think...

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
well yeah ;) but he has a shield somewhere in his inventory I think...

That's the flim I know and love...

Just keep it there ... guard works with your shield in your inventory...

no really ...

It does!!

:eek6:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Shanaia said:
That's the flim I know and love...

Just keep it there ... guard works with your shield in your inventory...

no really ...

It does!!

:eek6:

what's guard got to do with shields?
it works by spinning the crossbow and deflecting the arrows ... duh!

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
I'm so glad someone hijacked this bollocks whine thread about GOA.

<INSERTING STANDARD INFORMATION FOR LAG WHINERS>

It really pisses me off that posters don't realise that there are plenty of places for their connection to go wrong before it hits GOA.

Admittedly GOA should start using a different opentransit situe but for the meantime i guess it isn't viable, as they'd have to take everything offline to move. and heaven help all the crap poster whine threads and FH if that was to happen.

Does the phrase you can't please all of the people all of the time, spring to mind ? ;)

<END OF STANDARD INFORMATION FOR LAG WHINERS>

ok, on with the hijack.

I heard that having no armour, no weapons and no shield, you could still guard.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for that Formash ... I got a bit tired with repeating just that message so I hijack threads out of a deep rooted desire to forget the ignorance of people.

<hijack>
And I heard that if you wear no armor and do a /dance for Flim he'll be your lifeguard for the rest of the day.
</hijack>

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
The fact that he goes LD alone would show that the problem is mostly to do with his own connection or possibly hardware setup. Why? Because although almost everybody is affected by lag spikes now and then, it doesn't cause most people to LD, especially not that frequently.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Way to on topic Void :(

You're ruining our hijacking here :(

Good point non the less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom