[WTB MP af51 cloth pants]

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Nothing avaliable on any CM at a sensible price...

Mithryn

Fledgling Freddie
And whats sensible prices :)

Order on retry basis, it might take 2 retries or 300 retries. Cost will vary, so does the items on CM.

Let me know if you wanna make on retry basis, I'll help you out.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
The chance for an MP is about 2%, so on average about an MP should take 50 retries. Of course statistically speaking each attempt is independant so it may only take one try or it make take thousands of tries.

Given 50 retries and a 20% markup the cost for MP Thick Silksteel Pants is about 945g. I personally would have no problem paying 2x that, however on CMs there are 2 for sale at 10p and 20p respectivly which is a rip off.

TriggerHappy

Fledgling Freddie
well mate i got a mate called pitt to make a full set for me for under 3p so i wouldnt pay tht much btw how is that spec working for ya <50s 42arb 9p>?

Mithryn

Fledgling Freddie
Forget it, so many people saying "I wouldnt pay this and that, ripoff imo", I'm just gonna retire my crafters for now. Wont do crafting anymore, its not worth the hazzle. Imagine paying 100+ plats and using god knows how many hundreds or thousands of hours getting 4 LGMs and the only thing people care about is saving a couple gold.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
I'm sorry you feel that way, however I've been friends with a number of crafters (most who moved to WoW unfortunately) and have had 8 SC suits made for various characters, and I can tell you that 10p is more than it cost to make my last two entire suit's of SC'd armour (a few lucky MPs involved) - so you'll forgive for thinking that 10p is a rip off - because it is.

I've always tiped way over the odds to crafters, your loss really.

Mithryn

Fledgling Freddie
Oh, I wouldnt have charged 10 plats for a cloth suit :) I dont know why you came up with that number, my post was more as a reaction to everyone that complains so much about expensive crafters lately here on FH. I'd say a full cloth set with robe (which nobody wants anymore) would go for about 3-4 plats or so, thats with about 20% markup on cost. I have always crafted on retry basis with 20% add, which I think is way too low as it makes me a few hundred gold when crafting for about 2-3 hours for a suit, but still I have done it for whoever wants it. The thing that irks me are the people that want a "set" price and start complaining about prices before its even set.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
I would agree that 20% is a low return (it does seem to be a common markup), a lot of crafters have left so I wouldn't be surprised if prices rose somewhat (supply & demand).

As it happens 10p is the price of the cheapest MP cloth pants on any CM as of last night, obviously that's not really for sale. I was hoping that someone would put one of the unpriced ones up for sale.

Anyway if that doesn't happen in the dext few days I'd be interested in ordering mp leggings on a retries basis from whoever is willing to craft. Provided the crafter has asked for a fair price I like to round up the price to the nerest plat or couple of plat (depending how big the order was), which usually seems to be appreciated.

ediac

Fledgling Freddie
My partner has a lgm tailor (duplica)
she sells mp stuff on cm for 900g to 1p
house number is 3974 (me thinks)

or pm her in game : )
is some stuff on the cm atm so have a look again : )

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
I found what I was looking for on a CM. Ty all :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom