WS_FTP LE 6.0 woes

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
OK, I've been using this for ages, without problem.
Now for some reason the damn thing refuses to upload files.
I start the transfer, it sticks at one 1%, with a reboot of the app required. The "file" has been transfered and is always 2560 bytes. Anyone had similar problems or like to hazard a guess as to whats happening?
Ta.

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Yuck

I wouldn't really like to hazard a guess. Have you tried another FTP program, such as FlashFXP (or even Internet Explorer etc.) to see if the transfer works? That would at least rule in/out your connection or a problem with the receiving site. Other than that, I can only suggest checking over the WS FTP connection settings etc. for the site you're uploading to.

Kind Regards

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Jonty said:
Hi Yuck

I wouldn't really like to hazard a guess. Have you tried another FTP program, such as FlashFXP (or even Internet Explorer etc.) to see if the transfer works? That would at least rule in/out your connection or a problem with the receiving site. Other than that, I can only suggest checking over the WS FTP connection settings etc. for the site you're uploading to.

Kind Regards

OK tried FlashFXP, quite nice btw. It imported my connections which I think was a lovely feature. However same problems, although in this instance the file isn't uploaded at all, but still thinks it's uploading until timeout.
Also tried to upload to both Fasthosts and Zen, so it's not the providers.
I can only assume it's either a problem with Zen, my isp, or with my hardware somewhere. Zen are not reporting any issues and this has been happening for 2 days, and could be longer as I've not uploaded in a few weeks. Hardware wise I'm running a wireless network on 1mb ADSL using Netgear DG834G Router/Modem and Netgear MA311PCI, winxp sp2 btw.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Well I finally fixed this, so I thought I would tell you the cure. I have had 2 hours of calls to support at zen, they have done independant line test, the lot. Tonight on a hunch I thought I would see if I had the latest firmware. Not because it might offer a feature I need but because sometimes hardware just pukes up and stops doing stuff. The router had been through several factory reboots and power offs but I thought it was worth a go. There was a newer version, it offered improved ftp support I started to see a light at the end of the tunnel.....................

It worked!!!!!
:clap: :clap: :bazbeer:

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Glad it's all sorted, Yuck. Thanks for posting the fix.

Kind Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom