Writing a speech

echome

Fledgling Freddie
So I am trying to write a speech for my cousin's confirmation but I need ideas for topics to talk about.

Atm what I've got is, what he is to expect of the next few years - from my point of view and experiences. Love, partying, choosing the next steeps in life with school etc. All in all mixing the good stuff with the bad and getting the best out of it. How to become a hole human.

Also since I am rather afraid of standing in front of a bounch of people talking I would like advices on how to counter it. And dont tell me to get drunk or think of them all in their underwear hehe.:wanker:

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Don't talk about contraception, masterbation or anything else the Catholic church regards as a sin :<

My cousin is Roman Catholic, some of the stuff he isnt supposed to do is just silly

echome

Fledgling Freddie
Don't talk about contraception, masterbation or anything else the Catholic church regards as a sin :<

My cousin is Roman Catholic, some of the stuff he isnt supposed to do is just silly

Hehe I'll try and stay away from those topics. Though I don't think he is Cathlic(sp?). But I know shit about religion tbh. All religions are the same for me... A hope for some all mighty power to redeem you for your sins and help you live your life. I like to be in control and travle my own path in life.

No disrespect or anything - people are free to belive whatever they feel like imho.

Marc

FH is my second home
How can you be confirmed if you aint a catholic? Or is it a different confirmation?

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Just imagine everybody there sitting in their underwear or get a little tipsy before you stand up for your speech m8

Also tell your cousine that he/she has the best years ahead of him/her, because it's true :D There will be ups and downs but by far more ups than downs and also tell your cousine to enjoy the teenage life to the fullest..

Hope that helped a little bit :)

Marc

FH is my second home
When I were a lad you had to be catholic. I chose St Christopher as my confirmation name

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
So I am trying to write a speech for my cousin's confirmation but I need ideas for topics to talk about.

Atm what I've got is, what he is to expect of the next few years - from my point of view and experiences. Love, partying, choosing the next steeps in life with school etc. All in all mixing the good stuff with the bad and getting the best out of it. How to become a hole human.

Also since I am rather afraid of standing in front of a bounch of people talking I would like advices on how to counter it. And dont tell me to get drunk or think of them all in their underwear hehe.:wanker:

Okay, I done a few speeches at confirmations, while I cannot tell you what excatly to say, as I don't know either you or your cousin personally, I can tell how I usually do them!

I was the nervous type too, but found it easy to do it from this "formula":

Search through your memories about stuff you've done with your cousin and find something that you can tell in a fun and entertaining way, preferably something that puts you in "bad light" and them in a good light, example:

I did a speech at my neighbour girls confirmation which I used to play with when we was both very young. One time we build stuff in the snow late a night, she threw a snowball at me, it contained a stone, hit my nose and as a result, I got a nosebleed, ran back to my house and got my dad to comfort me (I think I was 8-9 and she was 5-6). She also likes to play Handball, so i said something to the effect:
"Sisse (her name), I never doubted that you would become very good and great at handball, seeing how you even at a young age could throw like a pro, like that winter evening many years ago, when I was 8 or 9, and you threw a snowball at me and gave me the worst nosebleed ever, my dad had to comfort me for hours afterwards, it hurt like hell!"
Left out the stone part, to excaturate the effect, everybody laughed.

When you get everybody laughing at something you say, you just go on to the rest of your speech, as you'll feel a lot less nervous then or throw in 1 other funny story, preferably linked to the first, like another time she threw something with a funny effect (could even be breaking a window, will seem funny after the first story)

Then go on to talk about something your cousin has done or he/she likes and tell how it is a good quality, name a few, then tell about what the future holds and how those qualities will be an advantage for the person.

Wrap it up by saying you are sure he/she will have a good life with lots of fun experiences and with meaning, bla bla bla :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom