Help Writing a letter to a failed contract bidder

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I am heading up a project to renovate our offices and warehouse and have been meeting building firms and contractors over the last few weeks to show them what we want doing and to get their ideas and prices etc.

We have selected our preferred company and now I need to let the others know they weren't successful. How is the best way to word it? I don't really want to just say "sorry bro's it ain't you" I know they probably get knocked back all the time but as they are pretty small companies I get the impression the business could have very useful to them.

What points should I cover? I don't really want to get into a discussion with them but I don't want to offend them.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Dear xxx
Concerning your bid on project XX (bla bla we aproached you..bla bla)
We have now reached a point where..bla bla bla..and after long and careful diliberation and concideration...blabla bla, we have finally landed on which/chosen the comapny that we wish to continue working with on (bla bla xx this) project

We like to take this opportunity to thank you for ..bla bla..your time and efforts..bla bla on xx peojct. We wish you the best of luck in your future endevours, it is our hope that we may contact you again should the need arise in the future.

Best regards/sencierly, faithfully bla bla bla...

Don't go into details in your first letter, it wont get you anyhting good.
however if a contractor takes the time to contact you then and only then,go into details as to why
they werent chosen (this can hopefully help said company in the future to secure an order) if all they wish to do is to complain...well..not worth your time-

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Dear xxx
Concerning your bid on project XX (bla bla we aproached you..bla bla)
We have now reached a point where..bla bla bla..and after long and careful diliberation and concideration...blabla bla, we have finally landed on which/chosen the comapny that we wish to continue working with on (bla bla xx this) project

We like to take this opportunity to thank you for ..bla bla..your time and efforts..bla bla on xx peojct. We wish you the best of luck in your future endevours, it is our hope that we may contact you again should the need arise in the future.

Best regards/sencierly, faithfully bla bla bla...

Don't go into details in your first letter, it wont get you anyhting good.
however if a contractor takes the time to contact you then and only then,go into details as to why
they werent chosen (this can hopefully help said company in the future to secure an order) if all they wish to do is to complain...well..not worth your time-

Yep, that's pretty much bang on.

We get them sometimes, not a lot because we're awesome and usually get the work ;) but its nice to receive one saying thanks, but no thanks than nothing at all

Don't mention who has got it though.

Oh and don't spell sincerely like @Olgaline has either, in fact I wouldn't copy and paste that before spellchecking the fuck out of it :rolleyes:

Nate

FH is my second home
Probably want a "would" in this part "We like to take this" rather then sound like Borat :D

Last edited:

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Picture of Mario and Toad.
"I'm sorry Mario, your princess is in another castle"
PS: You didn't get the contract either
xo xo
(Name of your company)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Thanks chaps. Will just keep it short and sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom