WP clans listen up

O

old.[RA]Ring Peace

Ok I'm not gonna get at any particular clan but it seems to me that the clans from WP expect to get decent pings to BW servers. It seems they only have WP dialups and if they have another its BTfree cack.

If they are going to venture out into the real world and play in some decent leagues please get some more dialups. Most clan peeps will have 3 or more dialups and choose the best for the night and the server.

So WP peeps get your act together and lets not have any more I cant connect using my WP dialup and the usual "I get 140 ping on WP servers ffs"

V

vuz

please take note of that, due to a router problem at the moment wp and bti dialups will be fucked, try getting another!

E

exxxie

Hear hear RP. Dont limit it just to our WP breathren tho (but they do draw attention to themselves, i know) everyone can afford the 60p it costs to use the BW dialup for a match I'm sure. The main reason we ([RA]) joined this league was because there were some good, UK and international clans involved, and the Servers would kick arse. The 3 matches we have managed to play have proved this to be the case. I use a modem and a BW dialup and ping the BWTFCL servers at about 140-170, and I live in a back water. Sort yourselves out please guys - a BW dialup costs nothing, takes 2 minutes to setup and costs 1p a min to use off peak. If I hear one more "I'm not paying to play ffs" I'm gonna scrwweaam!

------------------
[RA]excession
The Rebel Alliance

O

old.Refugee

erm
that's here here (sorry :p )

And WP clans (well, the good ones) KNOW a WP Dialup wont work

The thing is the newbieish ones still expect to have decent pings and coparable lag, unfortunately Net servers cant provide the same quality connection as WP can.

Dont dis WP clans, most know this already.

O

old.TGC Snow

i think ppl are forgetting that this is inacceptable. Anybody who i believe to be paying money to *T should suffer the consequences. In fact, i think the router should be LEFT like that. Hah! that would stick 27 fingers up at *T. aaaanyway...

tbh, i think all the usual problems u get when WP clans first venture out into skill country will be solved after a few weeks of net 0wnerage. SHS didn't seem to have too many problems if i remember correctly ;)

O

old.[LTD]Hicks

Ref when we get our hands on you on Tuesday your going down big time you and Psy :)

We were actually having problems with the BW dialup and 1p a minute is an awful lot :(

O

old.[DSHa]Ronaldo

I still can't get a BW dialup account. Something to do with not being able to set up an email account for me.

Oh well....I will still keep trying.

I have about 10 ISP's to try anyway. Thats the "beauty" of the UKTFCL and there many "wonderful" servers.

------------------
?

O

old.t!mo

I've got BW dialup and played IST and the game sucked. Give us some credit we aren't as naive as you may think.

E

exxxie

Sorry, didnt mean to give you the impression I was dissin' anyone, I wasnt. But if your the only person using a BW dialup amongst 16 players, you'll get slayed for ping because of them (as I'm sure you know) go look at the screenshots of our BWTFCL matches on the link below. You'll see Gimp is pinging 160 ish on a 33k modem......now tell me the servers suck :)

------------------
[RA]excession
The Rebel Alliance

G

Ronaldo,

email me (support@barrysworld.com) the username you are trying to set up as well as the email address you are trying to register as the confirmation address and i'll look into it.

[This message has been edited by Speccy (edited 01 July 2000).]

O

old.Refugee

BW dialup is good apart from.....league nights, when EVERYONE is on ie :(

ahh well, and snow BT save me money so im not botherd, BT ISPs are good, and BT3 is 9:99 a month for hoiurs that if I used a normal dial up would amount to MUCH more.

O

old.t!mo

Xs

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>you'll get slayed for ping because of them (as I'm sure you know)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm. Surely my ping would be better because less bandwidth will be used due to others have poor connects? I'm just interested to know reasoning, I'm not looking to argue.

O

old.[RA]Ring Peace

Look all is was trying to say is that you need more than one dialup, and in particular on more than one backbone. It is no good trying BT3 and WP direct coz they use the same backbone and if you have probs with one you will with the other.

If you are going to play leagues outside WP the get some isp apart from BT.

RA play in BWTFCL, UKTFCL and MORAT so I have dialups for Gamesworld, Netgames, Barrys, UKCCL in addition to my freecall ISP.

If you want to play league matches then you are going to have to use more ISP's, these ISP are free to set up and will only cost you 60p or so for a match.

O

old.[LTD]Hicks

We play in GTFL and BWTFCL and the point is we all have the Barrysworld dial up and it still suks :( Just not what we're used to thats all and we're not whineing you brought it up :)

O

old.SethMace

After that first post i was about to slip my flame jacket on but i was pleasantly suprised that no1 flamed :), well done lads:E (not that wouldn't happen on WP forums j/k:E ).

Ok well I'm not sure who Ring Peace has been talking too but i, like every1 in IST sent off for their BW dial up like 5 days b4 our first game. I got feck all sent back from BW and have only recently registered again, this time i got me BW :).

Shame i havent tested it yet with the patch shambles, was looking forward to that RNK game too :).

Oh and non-WP peeps, we dont live in caves and eat insects off each others backs yer know :) (well [IST]semaj does but thats another story :p ).

------------------
Peace and Mod On!

[IST]SethMace[IRG]

V

vuz

First of all I reply again becos I'm honoured some of BW staff actually look at this forum (ie- speccy)
anywayz, news from BarrysWorld. as lots know recently they got £3 million and they are using it well imo. It takes time and one of the first things they're doing is sorting out the dialup from wot i've heard
Other news was that (not until august at earliest) the servers will be upgraded from the 100mb lines that get the amazingly high quality we r currently getting from the servers, to 1gb, the big 1000 :)

huway for then!

O

old.SethMace

Yer well we all know what u think Doc :p

BTW, i dont have the slightest feckin clue what that was supposed to mean??? :)

------------------
Peace and Mod On!

[IST]SethMace[IRG]

O

old.[BD]VALLEYITE*CB*

I ping consistently between 40 - 90 using BT free on BW servers. I haven't had any probs, although some members of BD have had a lot of trouble, cost us a match once actually. :(

B

bigfoot

I agree with this thread quite a bit. Fortunately in Q3 i can check the ips of people on the server quite quickly and having been doing this for a while know which ip's are BT's.

It is depressing to see people moaning about laggy servers when they are on a cheap, non-gaming orientated service especially when there are a few call-charge only gaming isps out there which are quite good (including BW's new one when its in place).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom