WoW vs EQ2

Mybuddies

Fledgling Freddie
Noticed an awful lot of people going to play WoW on these boards and virtually no one going to EQ2. Anyone got any ideas why EQ2 is not so popular?

Oh and please, something more constructive than 'EQ2 is shit' etc.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
EQ2 looked ok to me, but I get nightmares thinking of EQ1, and if part 2 is anything like it (which most likely is the case) I'll stay away from it as far as possible :x
Wow doesn't look that good to me either tho...

Mybuddies

Fledgling Freddie
Ah OK, because I never played EQ1. What was so bad about it?

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
im actually enjoying eq2 atm. (and this did surprise me too)

Tried eq1 and thought it was awful, but DAOC has gone kinda stale for me atm so thought I'd give eq2 a try as I liked some of the concepts behind it and I'm currently glad I did.

Classes are nice, quests are good and it looks nice, and I've reached lvl21 without meeting a single obnoxious person......

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Mybuddies said:
Ah OK, because I never played EQ1. What was so bad about it?
Worst graphics ever, shit gameplay, took forever to install/register. Basicly everything about it sucked :x

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
EQ2 has no PvP content, at all.... not even dueling... get it... zero... none...nothing... there is no PvP currently in game.. and no PvP on the roadmap, the game is purely PvE

As DAOC was mainly a level your toon for the end game of PvP the vast majority of players will not like the idea of no end game and no pvp so will be heading to WoW or staying with DAOC. There are some people that have moved.. like me.. your just looking at in the wrong place :)

boppas

Fledgling Freddie
& theres no plans atm to ever put PvP into EQ2, right step i guess as EQ1 was very popular (& still is going strong) why change it? not everyone wants PvP in a game :)

On some mmorpg's games its the PvP that sells them (eg: DAoC) If DAoC had NO PvP, theres no way it would be as popular as it is today, because the PvE side of DAoC is uttelry dull & theres many others (Such as EQ) that lead DAoC by far (PvE) side :)

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
DAOC's end game is PvP

So ofcourse most of the players on this forum will prefer WoW over EQ2, ask your question on forums related to a PvE game and recieve a much different answer imo.

Mybuddies said:
Noticed an awful lot of people going to play WoW on these boards and virtually no one going to EQ2. Anyone got any ideas why EQ2 is not so popular?

Oh and please, something more constructive than 'EQ2 is shit' etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom